International Cricket Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Ive come across a rampant Victoria. Rogers and Quiney are both listed as aggressive, Dussey, Maxwell and White as very aggressive. Dussey is tearing me a new one...

Whats the best strategy against aggressive batsman? Putting fielders on the boundary only stops runs - they NEVER hit a catch to the outfield

Line down off stump.

So far in my first season with WA Im second in the shield (should be first except I made a bad declaration against SA and they batted a day to save the match). Im last in the Ryobi - really struggling with the one dayers with just one win, and 3rd last in the Big Bash.

Johan Botha is way over rated in this game.

Guns for me have been Marcus North, averaging 57 and called up to the test team. Liam Davis has hit 4 centuries averaging over 60 in the shield, more than North but no international call-up. Bowling has been a struggle. Michael Hogan has been the most consistent, Johnson has taken a few wickets but extremely erratic. Agar is slowly finding a groove, hasnt really taken any big wickets yet though. Bancroft the keeper is a gun. Duffield goes alright in the one dayers.

Hussey is a compelte flop.

Any other suggestions/tips for the WA team?

So far in my first season with WA Im second in the shield (should be first except I made a bad declaration against SA and they batted a day to save the match). Im last in the Ryobi - really struggling with the one dayers with just one win, and 3rd last in the Big Bash.

Johan Botha is way over rated in this game.

Guns for me have been Marcus North, averaging 57 and called up to the test team. Liam Davis has hit 4 centuries averaging over 60 in the shield, more than North but no international call-up. Bowling has been a struggle. Michael Hogan has been the most consistent, Johnson has taken a few wickets but extremely erratic. Agar is slowly finding a groove, hasnt really taken any big wickets yet though. Bancroft the keeper is a gun. Duffield goes alright in the one dayers.

Hussey is a compelte flop.

Any other suggestions/tips for the WA team?

I've got a save a fair few years in to WA, I'll have a look.

Davis and Harris are my openers and are averaging about 45-48. Mitch Marsh and Nathan Coulter-Nile are my leading wicket takers, while Agar has become my main spinner (just make sure you technique train him). Nathan Lyon moved from SA (lethal spin attack) and Richard Levi has come over from South Africa which have been big boons for me.

If you want a spinner with more immediate impact Beer is very solid.

I like Whiteman a lot as keeper, he can dig in from the get go and gets very good with some training. He's who I use most in FC games at the moment.

North is 39 and still handy for me at times :p. Good ODD player, suspect he'll retire very soon though.

As for bowlers, Hogan retired, so Rimmington, Beherendorff, Duffield and Joel Paris are my other seamers on the list.

I had a very fun game recently where the pitch was spinning (two reds from day 1) but not seaming at all. I took Agar, Lyon, Beer and Turner all in with Mitch Marsh and Tim Osmond (random player who I've developed as a bit of an all-rounder) as the seaming all-rounders. Was an absolute massacre. Spin is really overpowered in the game, so keep that in mind.

I had a very fun game recently where the pitch was spinning (two reds from day 1) but not seaming at all. I took Agar, Lyon, Beer and Turner all in with Mitch Marsh and Tim Osmond (random player who I've developed as a bit of an all-rounder) as the seaming all-rounders. Was an absolute massacre. Spin is really overpowered in the game, so keep that in mind.

Is it OP or are most of the players just ordinary against spin?

Is it OP or are most of the players just ordinary against spin?

I find it a bit too strong regardless, but you might be onto something regarding its strength in the Shield.

It just seems like any time you get bogged down spin can get wickets easily and quickly.

The common theme I've found when batting are horrific middle order batting collapses. I can be 2/250 then lose 5 wickets for FA, regardless of aggression level. So frustrating.

Do people out there generally use custom field settings to get wins particularly in ODI and T20?

I just CBF with them...

O hail the Great Steve Smith!!! 9-56 his figures and with the Bat he notched 330* Getting the Aussies the 1 Innings + 548 Run win with Clarke also notching the 200!

Anyone got any tips for compiling a semi-decent ODI score when betting? i.e. any particular aggression levels at certain stages of the innings?

I've just been rolled for 123 by the University team chasing 165 - I think changes are required :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone got any tips for compiling a semi-decent ODI score when betting? i.e. any particular aggression levels at certain stages of the innings?

I've just been rolled for 123 by the University team chasing 165 - I think changes are required :rolleyes:

Start at for 4 or 5 and build up.

Yet more delays on the Handheld version. 6 weeks minimum for Android and an undetermined time after that for Mac and IPhone/ipad.

Don't think I'll bother. Might as well crank 2012 back up.

Yet more delays on the Handheld version. 6 weeks minimum for Android and an undetermined time after that for Mac and IPhone/ipad.

Don't think I'll bother. Might as well crank 2012 back up.

I'm stuck with 2011 on Mac - ridiculous. I was hoping to have this for when I go on holiday.

Considering the original release date was meant to be months ago, I though I'd have it in time. :mad:

I start at 3 for the first few overs, then go to 4, then 5 by the 15th over. Give new batsmen 1 over at 3 then move then up to 5 after that.

I'm bad at ODIs but can usually get 250 or so.

Android delay is beyond I joke... I expected before Ashes as they said first, then Aug 17 they said... and a month later we are still waiting.

Won my first Test series as Zimbabwe vs West Indies. Won the first Test easily enough, then batted them into submission for a tame draw in the 2nd Test. :thumbsu:

It's ridiculous, reminiscent of AC2013. So many updates, possible release dates.. then nothing.
You mean this one?

Ashes Cricket 2013 game pulled from sale after fans brand it 'flawed in almost every way'

The publishers of the official video game for the Ashes cricket tour have been forced to apologise after a massive backlash from gamers disappointed with the title.
Fans have described Ashes 2013, which was released on 22 November for PCs, as “incomplete”, “a pile of garbage” and “flawed in almost every way”. The game’s publishers are currently offering refunds to anyone who bought the title.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...nd-it-flawed-in-almost-every-way-8972215.html

Remove this Banner Ad

Back