International Cricket Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm so s**t at Shield with the Redbacks, NSW and Vic seem to dominate every season. I just go the tonk from ball one now and hope for the best and nothing else seems to work... didn't work out too well last game when I was 5/6 (ended up making 188).
Huh, we suck when I play as another state for fun.

I'm Victoria but I barely get to play any games as them because I also captain my international side. How do all you do it?

I had Sarfraz Ahmed as my international, he was a good addition to the batting line up.

I'm so s**t at Shield with the Redbacks, NSW and Vic seem to dominate every season. I just go the tonk from ball one now and hope for the best and nothing else seems to work... didn't work out too well last game when I was 5/6 (ended up making 188).

Let nobody say this game isn't realistic;)

I'm Victoria but I barely get to play any games as them because I also captain my international side. How do all you do it?

I had Sarfraz Ahmed as my international, he was a good addition to the batting line up.
I give up captaincy for home season's.

It'd be good if the game allowed you to maintain your most recent domestic selections while you're "away" managing the national side.

Boys, boys, boys i cant believe that none of you are playing English career!! County is by far the best, contracts, youth, competition, surely surely. All of you missing out!!

Familiarity with the players and interest in how they develop probably prompts most to follow the Australian career path. Wish there was an (admittedly unrealistic) option to play an Australian career with a heavier English County-style schedule. Never seems like there's enough games in Australian domestic season, particularly when you're trying to blood and develop new players.

Boys, boys, boys i cant believe that none of you are playing English career!! County is by far the best, contracts, youth, competition, surely surely. All of you missing out!!
I did on 2012. The county competition is better than the Shield, I just often play shield as they are the Aussies.
It'd be good if the game allowed you to maintain your most recent domestic selections while you're "away" managing the national side.
God I hate that. Team changes so much when I'm with Australia. I'm trying to develop Muirhead but he keeps getting drop for Fawad Ahmed when I'm away!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How long does it take to gain Australian captaincy? Can't say I've ever had it and my longest game has been around 4 seasons (before I get bored). Or is it because I never win the shield with SA?
The latter

I play Glamorgan.

Funnily enough so do I. Picked them randomly at first but subconsciously must have selected them due to the Western Australian connection with Allenby, Goodwin, Hogan and Walters all in the initial line-up. Rudolph, Allenby and Goodwin are all right up there on the leading runscorers in division two county cricket, but other than Hogan the bowling is very weak so we're struggling.

How long does it take to gain Australian captaincy? Can't say I've ever had it and my longest game has been around 4 seasons (before I get bored). Or is it because I never win the shield with SA?
I always just start with it.

Doing the 05 ashes series as England, lost 2-1. Outside of Ponting and Hayden I kept everyone else quiet. The English batsman suck. Simon Jones is a beast, though.

Doing the 05 ashes series as England, lost 2-1. Outside of Ponting and Hayden I kept everyone else quiet. The English batsman suck. Simon Jones is a beast, though.
What was the order? Strauss, Trescothic, Bell, Collingwood, Pieterson, Read, Flintoff, Giles, Harmison, Hoggard, Jones?

What was the order? Strauss, Trescothic, Bell, Collingwood, Pieterson, Read, Flintoff, Giles, Harmison, Hoggard, Jones?
Trescothick
Strauss
Vaughn
KP
Bell
Flintoff
Jones
Giles
Hoggard
Harmison
Jones

Anyone got any tips for bowling tactics? I only play first class matches.

Been mucking around with them and really can't figure out what's good and bad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back