Socceroos International Friendlies - Socceroos V Ecuador Sydney 24/3, Melbourne 28/3

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't want to be a negative nancy but the hype train moves so much faster than it should. Kid has talent, yes, but capping him is purely made to tie him to Aus. He shouldn't be focussing on anything other than the A League for another season.

I disagree. He is there based on form and friendly caps don't tie you to a nation. For all we know, Arnie has no intentions of playing him but there is nothing wrong with having him around and giving him a taste of what an International camp is all about.

I disagree. He is there based on form and friendly caps don't tie you to a nation. For all we know, Arnie has no intentions of playing him but there is nothing wrong with having him around and giving him a taste of what an International camp is all about.
It's giving him a taste of it so he doesn't entertain thoughts of his birth country. If this game was overseas he wouldn't have even been a train on. He has put together some great moments but the talk of him being the new Tim Cahill based off of a couple of games is just silly.

Been very entertaining game so far, both sides going for it. We are pressing much higher than usual and it’s working, directly led to the second goal.

O’Neill looking the part on debut for sure, and our front three actually connecting for once.
Surely O'Neil will get a new home overseas somewhere next season?

It's giving him a taste of it so he doesn't entertain thoughts of his birth country. If this game was overseas he wouldn't have even been a train on. He has put together some great moments but the talk of him being the new Tim Cahill based off of a couple of games is just silly.

Of course he wouldn't be a train on if this was overseas. These friendlies in Australia are more for the local players than the European based players.

Of course he wouldn't be a train on if this was overseas. These friendlies in Australia are more for the local players than the European based players.
So kind of negates him being there based purely on form, yeah.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really believe we're turning the corner with the national team. The talent is coming through. Excited by the youth, Excitedly the senior players really play to their capability. Aussie dna is an important ingredient, but its not just about grit.

Looking forward to the Asian cup in January, i think we're building a side that can win it all.

Harry Soutter is a man mountain just shoving them all away like flies protecting Robinson lol

We have had a few defenders that have had long careers in the PL but Souttar could just about be the best. The rest of his game is not affected from being a massive guy. Scotland certainly capped the wrong brother. Souttar/Rowles looks a good long term partnership.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back