Interstate footy trips 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

You're thinking of Laverton RAAF Base in Victoria.

Ok thanks for that. Looked up Laverton and its been decommissioned - in the 1990's and is now a new suburb of Williams Landing of 3,000 people. The army defence barracks is on the Woodonga side of the border/suburbs.

SCG Thursday night will be my main port of call. Couldn't be happier with the timing of that as I take 3 or 4 weeks off work every July.

I should be at that game ... get onto the NSW Power Supporters group Facebook page or Web page in the weeks prior ... They usually organise a pre and post Game function for the Sydney games.

Last edited:

Does the club organize buses to get our fans from across regional and remote SA down to Adelaide Oval? If not they should.

The club I believe has enough to do without organizing transport to games.

There are official supporter groups in Port Pirie and Port Augusta who I would say organize something for those areas.

I'm thinking of the Alice Springs game and the two Qld games for variety. May look at a couple of the Saturday games in Melbourne, Carlton and Essendon probably. Not North Melbourne, my heart has been broken over there too many times.
The Cheer Squad will be mighty pleased with the 5 Saturday games in Melbourne, they lend themselves to the buses they organise.

Ok its that time of the year where you wish it was the footy season, so you start planning which games to travel to next season to watch. So I've broken down each city we are playing in next season and the other games on the same weekend in Melbourne for people to work out which games they might like go to next season.

Melbourne

Round 3
Collingwood vs St. Kilda Friday 17th April, 7:50pm (AEST) MCG
Carlton vs Essendon Saturday 18th April, 1.45pm (AEST) MCG
North Melbourne vs Port Adelaide - Saturday 18th April, 7:20pm (AEST) Etihad Stadium
Geelong vs Gold Coast Sunday 19th April, 3:30Pm (AEST) Kadina Park

Round 12
Richmond vs West Coast, Friday 19th June, 7:50pm (AEST) MCG
Carlton vs Port Adelaide - Saturday 20th June, 1:40pm (AEST) MCG
Western Bulldogs vs Brisbane Saturday 20th June, 7:20pm (AEST) Etihad Stadium
Geelong vs Melbourne Sunday 21st June 3:30pm (AEST) Kadina Park

Round 17
Carlton vs Hawthorn - Friday 24th July, 7:50pm (AEST) Etihad Stadium
Richmond vs Fremantle - Saturday 25th July, 4:35pm (AEST) MCG
Essendon vs Port Adelaide - Saturday 25th July, 7:20pm (AEST) Etihad Stadium
Western Bulldogs vs Collingwood Sunday 26th, July 1:10pm (AEST) Etihad Stadium
Melbourne vs St. Kilda Sunday 26th July, 3:20pm (AEST) MCG

Round 19
Collingwood vs Carlton Saturday 18th August, 1:45pm (AEST) MCG
Western Bulldogs vs Port Adelaide - Saturday 8th August, 2:10pm (AEST) Etihad Stadium
Geelong vs Sydney Saturday 18th August, 7:20pm (AEST) Kadina Park
Melbourne vs North Melbourne Sunday, 19th August 1:10pm (AEST) MCG
St. Kilda vs Fremantle Sunday, 19th August 4:40pm (AEST) Etihad Stadium

Round 21
Hawthron vs Port Adelaide - Friday 21st August, 7:50pm (AEST) Etihad Stadium
Collingwood vs Richmond Saturday 22nd August, 1:45pm (AEST) MCG
St. Kilda vs Geelong 7:20pm Saturday 22 August, 7:20pm (AEST) Etihad Stadium
North Melbourne vs Fremantle Sunday 23rd August, 1:10pm (AEST) Etihad Stadium
Carlton vs Melbourne Sunday 23rd August, 3:20pm (AEST) MCG

Sydney

Round 14 Sydney vs Port Adelaide - Thursday 2nd July 7:20pm (AEST) SCG

Brisbane

Round 7 Brisbane vs Port Adelaide - Saturday 17th May, 4:40pm (AEST) Gabba

Gold Coast

Round 22 Gold Coast Suns vs Port Adelaide - Saturday 29th August, 7:20pm (AEST) Metricon Stadium

Perth

Round 1 Fremantle vs Port Adelaide - Sunday 5th April, 4:40pm (AWST) Patersons Stadium

Alice Springs

Round 9 Melbourne vs Port Adelaide - Saturday 30th May, 1:40pm (ACST) TIO Traeger Park

Brissy is a Sunday arvo not Saturday. I'm looking at hitting that match.

what about the buses the club organises ...
The club only did that for finals. The Cheer Squad does buses for selected Melbourne games. But they are not actively publicised outside the Cheer Squad Facebook/Twitter conduits or the newsletter Cheer Squad members receive.

The club I believe has enough to do without organizing transport to games.

There are official supporter groups in Port Pirie and Port Augusta who I would say organize something for those areas.

The club is not one person. It is many people, including it's supporters. I'm sure there's more then enough people anyway on the payroll who could deal with it. The problem I'd imagine would be logistical, not whether they have too much on their plate already.

I will be at the Gold Coast, sydney and Essendon games (at this stage )

I'm going to be moving from NSW to Qld before next season ... will head to Adelaide for Hawks...be at both the Qld and the SCG game/s and possibly Carlton in June.

Are you still in Canberra? I'll catch up with you somewhere next season.

You could cram a lot of footy into a Round 3 trip. Collingwood v Saints on Friday and Carlton v Essendon on Saturday afternoon before our game against North. then if you're hardcore, Gold Coast at Kardinia the next day.. is that GAJ's first game back there?

Rounds 17 and 21 are also great. looks like I'll finally go on a trip where I see multiple games in a weekend. Collingwood v Richmond on a Saturday afternoon at the G will be glorious if we beat the Hawks the night before.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At this stage will head across to Adelaide for Hawks, Bulldogs (long weekend), Crows and Freo. Looking to squeeze in Sydney and one of the Queensland trips too.

You could cram a lot of footy into a Round 3 trip. Collingwood v Saints on Friday and Carlton v Essendon on Saturday afternoon before our game against North. then if you're hardcore, Gold Coast at Kardinia the next day.. is that GAJ's first game back there?

Rounds 17 and 21 are also great. looks like I'll finally go on a trip where I see multiple games in a weekend. Collingwood v Richmond on a Saturday afternoon at the G will be glorious if we beat the Hawks the night before.

GAJ was injured in their first year and missed the KP game. THE next year he played and kicked a goal from the grandstand pocket to a standing ovation from the fans!

Last year I did the Melbourne trip down for our Collingwood game and caught the Cats v North match on Friday night at Etihad with a mate (cat supporter) who got us tickets in the Medallion club there.

Ok thanks for that. Looked up Laverton and its been decommissioned - in the 1990's and is now a new suburb of Williams Landing of 3,000 people. The army defence barracks is on the Woodonga side of the border/suburbs.
yes that's correct its on the Wodonga side aka mexico ....struggletown...I feel dirty and cheap every time I have to go there:$

The club is not one person. It is many people, including it's supporters. I'm sure there's more then enough people anyway on the payroll who could deal with it. The problem I'd imagine would be logistical, not whether they have too much on their plate already.

Those people who deal with this stuff at the club actually do have too much on their plate already, but still take on the extra stuff like the buses to the G for the prelim, organising and running the tent at the AO games, the functions at the club etc. Having to sort out buses for all away games would be a nightmare to add in. Leave that up to the bus companies, after all they would be the ones making the money.

Any suggestions for where to stay in Brisbane? Thinking CBD, under $150 per night (preferably not much more than $100). I haven't been there for 10 years and a couple of boozy nights pretty much blurs what memories I have of the place.

Any suggestions for where to stay in Brisbane? Thinking CBD, under $150 per night (preferably not much more than $100). I haven't been there for 10 years and a couple of boozy nights pretty much blurs what memories I have of the place.

Try Tottenham Court rooms behind the car park across the road from the Princess Alexandria Hospital. It's about a ten minute walk from the Gabba

FPPF ... I suggest you contact the club with your suggestion re the regional buses to guage if they would be able to or willing to do it? Ben Demertzis is the membership guy to talk to ...

I'd say most long term country members have the travel sussed but there could be others (new or potential members) who don't have the means but want to travel in for AO games

With a name like Tottenham it would have to be very ordinary and I bet they don't serve Lasagne in their restaurant ;)

It's mainly used by country people who have people in the hospital, they don't have a restaurant but there were a couple of decent ones nearby. It's been about ten years since I stayed there but the price was resonable and the place was clean.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back