Interstellar

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably the best movie score i can remember

I hate saying it's the best thing ever, let it sink in, But it's a visual and atmospheric masterpiece. The only slight i have against it is that it got a bit clunky during the whole thing

Case.jpg

I Cri Erytime :,(

The clunkiness you are describing is that it was cut up hard in the first half ... Two other movies that suffered from this were Kingdom of Heaven and Lord of the Rings.
Both extended editions were better than the original cut.
Interstellar was a 4 hour movie at least that they cut a little too much for cinema

This isn't another Gravity is it?
According to the trailer, things actually happen. It looks like a lot of gravelly ultimatums and proclamations, but things are still happening.

It's probably alright, I like McConaughey a lot (but who doesn't?), but s**t like Gone Girl and John Wick has solidified my opinion that blockbusters are pretty boring in 2014. You try and like them but there's no soul or originality to it. There has to be a film soon that totally changes the landscape and makes these big movies look as average and stock as they really are. When was the last time that happened?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interstellar/Gravity comparisons are mindless (as for the most part are comparing all space-related films back to 2001). You might as well be comparing Star Wars with The Right Stuff.
Hence I asked the question... Don't you make 'seminal lists' for every year in film? Is that not 'comparing'?

According to the trailer, things actually happen. It looks like a lot of gravelly ultimatums and proclamations, but things are still happening.

It's probably alright, I like McConaughey a lot (but who doesn't?), but s**t like Gone Girl and John Wick has solidified my opinion that blockbusters are pretty boring in 2014. You try and like them but there's no soul or originality to it. There has to be a film soon that totally changes the landscape and makes these big movies look as average and stock as they really are. When was the last time that happened?

Has that ever happened? I guess early 90s Pulp Fiction and the independent revolt it spawned from. Not that I was really paying attention then.

Last edited:
Hence I asked the question... Don't you make 'seminal lists' for every year in film? Is that not 'comparing'?
That's an entirely different realm of comparison, not in terms of reference points. It's more of a celebration, it's less discursive. I think the generally empty comparisons between Interstellar and Gravity are revealing, it's evidence that no actual thought is put into it, rather it is entirely superficial.

Gone Girl and John Wick aren't really great examples of films that are primarily built around being multiplex behemoths from gestation. Fincher for a majority of his career has been rather anti-blockbuster/movie-making business, and John Wick was always going to be a lower tier film that's not really in the blockbuster conversation. They are both R rated films as well.

Last edited:
Gone Girl and John Wick aren't really great examples of films that are primarily built around being multiplex behemoths from birth. Fincher for a majority of his career has been rather anti-blockbuster, and John Wick was always going to be a lower tier film that's not really in the blockbuster conversation. They are both R rated films as well.
Gone Girl has the worst ending since the Sopranos.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back