Is Darling our best player.

Remove this Banner Ad

I rate Yeo REALLY highly. But all year I still think he has been underutilized. Needs to be playing in the mid or on a wing.

I'm surprised by the amount of times I've seen this posted. Yeo has looked very promising so far and clearly offers something we were sorely lacking - pace off half-back and a willingness to take the game on. Why would we throw him into the midfield now? Give him some time to develop. I'm all for players being flexible and playing multiple roles but it seems strange to say he's being underutilised after all of five games.

I'm surprised by the amount of times I've seen this posted. Yeo has looked very promising so far and clearly offers something we were sorely lacking - pace off half-back and a willingness to take the game on. Why would we throw him into the midfield now? Give him some time to develop. I'm all for players being flexible and playing multiple roles but it seems strange to say he's being underutilised after all of five games.
Because imagine how damaging he would be with the ball in his hands more often and bursting out of packs.

However he's vital cog in the defence at the moment especially with Hurn out.

It's because he has plenty of attributes our team lacks in the midfield right now. And he is too good to just be getting 12 touches a game, locking down on a forward from the backpocket or flank.

He's got plenty of aggression, good foot skills, is a great 1 on 1 player and has electric pace. I'd love to see more of it, and give him some more space to work in and play his natural game. Right now I believe he's restricted.

i often say put Yeo in the midfield..for the obvious reasons. but also realise that he is actually being groomed for the mid role, and its a work in progress. we need Hurn back for a start.

No other player we have can compare to the greats in their respective positions (Cox aside) For his age, Darling compares to Carey. For that reason id say he is our best, guys also young still.

Sam butler is a guy who would have been aa except for persistsnt injuries - complete wuality with the ball in his han - knows where the footy is going to be - unfortunately it was time to go at the end of last season

Schofield is a guy who i think will become one of our best if given an extended run - if glass goes at the end of the year look out
butler has the highest wuality in the afl:drunk:

Brown has been stellar this year - gotten better every game

Having a regular spot in the the 22 generally gives players the feeling that their a vital part of the team so they respond ( works in reverse for J.Hill )

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I DARE ANYONE TO WATCH THIS and KEEP A STRAIGHT FACE WHEN HE TALKS ABOUT DOING THE BASICS CORRECTLY .....SERIOUSLY, THIS MUST BE HIS ATTEMP AT HUMOUR !!!!

http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/video/2014-04-23/priddis-getting-back-to-basics-against-the-blues

i WONDER if HE ACTUALLY WATCHES THE REPLAYS.
LOL

Matty: We have to have composure with the Football.

Priddis, you're a ******* Butcher! You have no composure, none whatsoever. Can always count on your Helicopter Specials.

I agree Darling is a gun but this is a really weird article. Seems like something a high school student would write - very amateurish.
It's pretty disgraceful. Probably the work experience kid who knows nothing about the football

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back