Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 29, 2007
The Kop
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Socceroos-LFC-Crows-Adel.United
Sheedy, you're a disgrace

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/craig-foster/blog/1151394/Sheedy,-you're-a-disgrace

13 May 2013 | 13:57-Craig Foster
Kevin Sheedy’s comments are a disgrace to this country, a throwback to the dark old days of anti-immigration and the ‘sheilas, wogs and NTTAWWTters’ mentality that football fought against for so long.
They reek of ignorance towards what modern Australia is all about.
I am referring only in part to Sheedy's comments on Sunday, after his side attracted only 5,830 people to its home match against Adelaide Crows - a figure not seen in AFL since 1996.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/craig-foster/blog/1151394/Sheedy,-you're-a-disgrace

Ill-informed and downright stupid but I don't think he is a "disgrace". His body language in that post-match interview was very un-Sheedy like, he looked like a man under extreme pressue and in total damage control. I think that Sheedy and GWS in general are only starting to realise the enormity of the challenge they face out there. Right now the entire project reeks of abject failure.

Craig Foster is a bigger disgrace than Sheedy. Ol' Fossy is easily offended these days it seems.

Besides, Sheeds is just pushing the media's buttons to keep the attention levels up for the Giants, and so they aren't entirely focussed on them getting flogged this weekend.

sorry guys this guy is a martian and doesnt represent the rest the country !

p.s gws is a disaster that was only ever going to fail

Lol, Craig Foster - a more delusional, arrogant tosser you could not find.

Sheedy is a moron for expressing it in the way that he did, but he's kind of got a point. People who arrive in Australia from other countries are going to naturally initially identify with the game that they know, it's up to GWS to get their interest by providing a football club worth watching and belonging to and for the most part they haven't succeeded so far.

For someone so manipulative with the media, it's a very stupid choice of words by Sheedy, but nothing more than that.

Craig Foster is a bigger disgrace than Sheedy. Ol' Fossy is easily offended these days it seems.

Besides, Sheeds is just pushing the media's buttons to keep the attention levels up for the Giants, and so they aren't entirely focussed on them getting flogged this weekend.

This.

Correct on all fronts.

Lol, Craig Foster - a more delusional, arrogant tosser you could not find.

Sheedy is a moron for expressing it in the way that he did, but he's kind of got a point. People who arrive in Australia from other countries are going to naturally initially identify with the game that they know, it's up to GWS to get their interest by providing a football club worth watching and belonging to and for the most part they haven't succeeded so far.

For someone so manipulative with the media, it's a very stupid choice of words by Sheedy, but nothing more than that.

282997-andrew-demetriou.jpg

Thanks for playing, better luck next time.

AFL CEOs have never been popular, even with the staunchest AFL supporters.

Apart from suggesting that Australians should be more like Barça, Foster has never done anything concrete for soccer in Australia: all talk, no action.

Foster is a Hypocrite and full of it.
this is from an article last year he wrote about Jim Magilton's appointment at Victory.

It's interesting to see how much of our football media, many of whom are of British heritage, evidently feel comfortable with a Northern Irishman, as do some of the players, as talk quickly turns to how the new ''gaffer'' is going.
Commentators talk of how Magilton wears his ''heart on his sleeve'', as if this was a necessary and valuable part of being a high-level coach, and we're fed stories of how Victory training is now both intense and fun, because the Brits like to ''have a laugh in training''.
Sure Mr. Football Foster welcome's everyone.

oh for my two cents..
Sheedy made a few poor choices of words and is a flog, probably running scared the Wanders have come in under the AFL's feet and taken the spotlight in WS, for all Sheedy's Marketing skills its just not working for the GWS, getting flogged every week doesn't help either.

this has been a massive overreaction, i am enjoying it though (Y)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL CEOs have never been popular, even with the staunchest AFL supporters.

Apart from suggesting that Australians should be more like Barça, Foster has never done anything concrete for soccer in Australia: all talk, no action.

Yes he has, he has said you Aussies should watch other leagues, not just the English game.

Dumb comments of an ageing man under pressure, but he is definitely not racist. Sheedy has done more for the Australian sporting landscape, including work with "non-Anglos", than Craig could ever dream.

Craig thinks that Australia is an insular country refusing to accept this "global superpower" that is soccer. Well how about you show a bit of respect to our indigenous code? Here is a quote from someone on his blog which I think sums up some of this opinion:
There isn't enough room for both codes and the sooner we stomp this indigenous colonial game into the dust the better.

He and many other soccer fans talk about the worldwide uniformity of sport as being a good thing. Everyone should play soccer and playing a unique sport in a purely national competition is meaningless, no matter how dominant it is in that one country.

Craig has a very confusing argument. On one hand he wants a country that is accepting of diversity and different cultures, and of course I think we can all agree with that, but on the other hand he cannot accept sporting diversity.

I must have missed the boat where having uniformity on a global scale is unquestionably good.

After we tell Australia to stop playing its native game, how about we take the cricket bats out of Indian hands and give them a soccer ball? How about we put grass over the hockey rinks in Canada and Russia? How about we bang the New Zealand rugby balls into a spherical shape?

No.

He's a senile old prick, but he didn't say anything incorrect.

Western Sydney, statistically, has a huge population. And a large percentage of that are people who are first or second generation Australians. It's not absurd to suggest they'll support a team in their area who play a sport they already know. It's not racist. It's not nothing. It's true.

Sheedy is a muppet of a high order but that applies regardless of these comments he has made, just more attention seeking and it's working a treat.

My views on Craig Foster cannot be expressed without contrevening the rules of decency on Big Footy but suffice to say I regard the man as a Class A Flog.

Ange goes on to win multiple A-League titles playing some of the best football ever seen at a domestic level in this country.

Fozzie the chief scribe wants a council of learned elders to replace the hapless coach for the rest of the world cup.

Fozzie doesn't like the Scottish National team.

Craig Foster drunk on the job.

Fozzie's world class, technical training program for your children.

Ange goes on to win multiple A-League titles playing some of the best football ever seen at a domestic level in this country.

Fozzie the chief scribe wants a council of learned elders to replace the hapless coach for the rest of the world cup.

Fozzie doesn't like the Scottish National team.

Craig Foster drunk on the job.

Fozzie's world class, technical training program for your children.

He was right, at the time the youth team under ang were terrible.
lets get to the point, foz go off a bit at times. But the reason you lot dont like him is because he doesnt fap over the English game and teams.

He was right, at the time the youth team under ang were terrible.
lets get to the point, foz go off a bit at times. But the reason you lot dont like him is because he doesnt fap over the English game and teams.

Well I grew up with Italian Football and only really got interested in English Football when I moved to England to study at university around 10 years ago now, so I am far from being an English Football only type.

I don't not like him, I'm just over SBS really, I find that the quality of their football broadcasting has declined exponentially as the years have gone by.

Dumb comments of an ageing man under pressure, but he is definitely not racist. Sheedy has done more for the Australian sporting landscape, including work with "non-Anglos", than Craig could ever dream.

Craig thinks that Australia is an insular country refusing to accept this "global superpower" that is soccer. Well how about you show a bit of respect to our indigenous code? Here is a quote from someone on his blog which I think sums up some of this opinion:

He and many other soccer fans talk about the worldwide uniformity of sport as being a good thing. Everyone should play soccer and playing a unique sport in a purely national competition is meaningless, no matter how dominant it is in that one country.

Craig has a very confusing argument. On one hand he wants a country that is accepting of diversity and different cultures, and of course I think we can all agree with that, but on the other hand he cannot accept sporting diversity.

I must have missed the boat where having uniformity on a global scale is unquestionably good.

After we tell Australia to stop playing its native game, how about we take the cricket bats out of Indian hands and give them a soccer ball? How about we put grass over the hockey rinks in Canada and Russia? How about we bang the New Zealand rugby balls into a spherical shape?
Very good post.

It's funny that Foster would choose to weigh in.

Most Australian sports fans wouldn't know who he, or care for what he thinks.

He's basically trying to win himself some fame by riding on the coat tails of Sheeds, which is pretty pathetic when you think about it.

It's funny that Foster would choose to weigh in.

Most Australian sports fans wouldn't know who he, or care for what he thinks.

He's basically trying to win himself some fame by riding on the coat tails of Sheeds, which is pretty pathetic when you think about it.
Wouldn't expect anything less from a pathetic man like Foster.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back