Is the top 8 set-in-stone after only seven rounds?

Remove this Banner Ad

Blues have/had a tough first 8 games. Have Kang, Melb, Syd (in Melb), WC (In Melb) Haw after Stk and Port games.

LOL at your perception of a "tough first 8 games".

Port's first 7:
Kangas
WCE at Subi
Bris
Geelong at Kardinia
Saints
Crows
Essendon

With the next 4 winnable games against Carlton, Dees, Richmond and Hawks, I'd be gutted if they turned at the halfway mark any worse than 7-4, but possibly 9-2.

Kind run home in the last few weeks too. Finals looking very likely.

It's shaping up as a VERY competative season IMO. I wouldn't have any confidence locking in a top four.....let alone a top eight.

It could be that a lower than normal (IE recent seasons) number of wins could have teams in contention for top 4 and top 8; percentage is going to be crucial come round 22......

Personally, apart from richmond, hawthorn and possibly Adelaide (although i see them getting abit of a run on in the second half of the season), I wouldn;t write anyone off yet. Essendon and West Coast are only 2 games out of the 8.

Nothing is locked in, not even the spoon.

LOL at your perception of a "tough first 8 games".

Port's first 7:
Kangas
WCE at Subi
Bris
Geelong at Kardinia
Saints
Crows
Essendon

With the next 4 winnable games against Carlton, Dees, Richmond and Hawks, I'd be gutted if they turned at the halfway mark any worse than 7-4, but possibly 9-2.

Kind run home in the last few weeks too. Finals looking very likely.

We played almost every finalist from last year.

Round 1: Richmond, easy win
Round 2: Brisbane at Gabba, Loss
Round 3: Essendon, annoying loss
Round 4: Adelaide in Adelaide, easy win, typically not though, they are just ravaged by injuries
Round 5: Geelong, win
Round 6: Collingwood, are the form side of the comp, we lost fair and square, they were the better team (throws up in mouth)
Round 7: St Kilda, Stifling the life out of opponents
Round 8: Port in Port.

I'd say that is a relatively tough draw. It gets easier from here

Port have a pretty good draw this year and they come home with
Crows (AAMI)
Hawks (AAMI)
Saints (Etihad)
WCE (AAMI)
Melb (AAMI)
Rich (Etihad)
And it wouldn't be unreasonable to say that they could win five of them. Personally I think that Brissy will pop out for Carlton.

We played almost every finalist from last year.

Round 1: Richmond, easy win
Round 2: Brisbane at Gabba, Loss
Round 3: Essendon, annoying loss
Round 4: Adelaide in Adelaide, easy win, typically not though, they are just ravaged by injuries
Round 5: Geelong, win
Round 6: Collingwood, are the form side of the comp, we lost fair and square, they were the better team (throws up in mouth)
Round 7: St Kilda, Stifling the life out of opponents
Round 8: Port in Port.

I'd say that is a relatively tough draw. It gets easier from here

The point he was making is that your last eight games are virtually the same as ours.

We both beat Adelaide and both lost to Brisbane.
We beat Essendon and you lost to Essendon.
You beat Geelong, (impressive win) and we lost to Geelong.
We beat St Kilda, (impressive win) and you lost to St Kilda.

The only real difference is that you've played the in-form Collingwood, as well as the basket case Richmond, whereas we've played West Coast at Subiaco and North Melbourne.

You're draw would just edge ours on the 'toughness' stakes but then again, you were a finalist last season and we weren't.

Regardless of all this, next week should be a cracker of a game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back