Is three any other coach apart form Neil Craig?

Remove this Banner Ad

rick James said:
Who never played the game at a meaningful level?

Trying to get that debate up and running again that the SANFL is a meaningless competition?

For the record, Neil Craig could have chosen to play VFL if he wanted to. Chose to stay in SA for family reasons.

• Banned
Cyclops said:
Any chance of you spelling at a meaningful level? ;)

Actually that was clearly a typo, completely different from a spelling mistake.

Sheeds said:
Trying to get that debate up and running again that the SANFL is a meaningless competition?

For the record, Neil Craig could have chosen to play VFL if he wanted to. Chose to stay in SA for family reasons.

Sorry Sheeds, Neil Craig IMO would have struggled to play regular VFL footy - courage was not something he was known for. He may still prove to be a good coach.

Mitch Power said:
Sorry Sheeds, Neil Craig IMO would have struggled to play regular VFL footy - courage was not something he was known for. He may still prove to be a good coach.
you seriously have no idea do you?

rick James said:
Who never played the game at a meaningful level?
so representing the proud sa state side is not a meaningful level?

Mitch Power said:

Mate ,you have no bloody idea. Neil Craig was a very talented , and tough footballer. I recall a couple of SA footy greats saying just how competitive and tough Craig was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

rooboy said:
Mate ,you have no bloody idea. Neil Craig was a very talented , and tough footballer. I recall a couple of SA footy greats saying just how competitive and tough Craig was.

Rooboy, I have been watching footy since 1971 so I reckon I have some idea. Neil Craig was a skillful footballer who played at 3 SANFL clubs but he was NEVER a tough footballer. He was an outside player who used to kick short - IMO he certainly would have struggled to get a game at AFL level.

Mitch Power said:
Rooboy, I have been watching footy since 1971 so I reckon I have some idea. Neil Craig was a skillful footballer who played at 3 SANFL clubs but he was NEVER a tough footballer. He was an outside player who used to kick short - IMO he certainly would have struggled to get a game at AFL level.

Well, good on ya. But you're wrong on Craig. He could be very hard at the ball and the man.I'm not talking Kerley, Whitten tough, but tough all the same.

rooboy said:
Well, good on ya. But you're wrong on Craig. He could be very hard at the ball and the man.I'm not talking Kerley, Whitten tough, but tough all the same.

As I said rooboy, that's my opinion about his playing ability and you have yours. He has certainly exceeded my expectations (and I am sure yours) as a footy coach after his 5 years at a power house like Norwood without a flag.

MarkT said:
Port Power and West Coast's initial coaches - John Cahill and John Todd.

Todd didn't play VFL football but was a Sandover medallist.

Obviously it was a bit different back then with a more even quality spread across the country.

Oh and hate to be a stickler, but Ron Alexander was WC's first coach, Todd the 2nd. ;)

Sheeds said:

Is this a long winded way of you trying to defend Ports fans attempts to have their SANFL premierships count in the trophy tally ??

Good luck.

Bloke with an unbelievable winning ratio as AFL coach of the Brisbane Bears.

He coached five wins from seven games, 15 years ago (1989).

Paul Feltham.

31s_bears.jpg

Im sure he didnt play.

Did he play with Kangaroos in the seventies?.

I cannot remember his background. but I dont think it was VFL

1980GFVideo said:
Bloke with an unbelievable winning ratio as AFL coach of the Brisbane Bears.

He coached five wins from seven games, 15 years ago (1989).

Paul Feltham.

31s_bears.jpg

Im sure he didnt play.

Did he play with Kangaroos in the seventies?.

I cannot remember his background. but I dont think it was VFL
Paul Feltham played 128 games for North and was a member of their 1975 premiership side. One of the North stalwarts who was rewarded for his loyalty to the team during some of its darkest times.

MarkT said:
Port Power and West Coast's initial coaches - John Cahill and John Todd.
If John Cahill were playing today there is no doubt he would have been drafted by pick 5. He would waltz into any AFL side.

He played 267 games for Port captaining the side for 7 years. He played 29 state games and was captain of SA for three years. In 1969 he was named Vice-Captain of the All Australian side. He was highly skilled and a ferocious competitor.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back