Player Watch Jack Crisp

Remove this Banner Ad

I was talking to my Lions supporting cousin yesterday. We got on to the Beams trade, and he said that Beams was the one shining light from their season.
I asked him if he was worth getting rid of two high picks for in a strong draft. He said yes. Then I said what about Crisp?

Silence.....

Then, 'Yeah... That one stings a fair bit...'

Lions supporters will never admit it on their board, but it cuts them deep that they gave away a player like Crisp as steak knives :D

I read Crisp thread on there Board and he did have some Fans of him:

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/jack-crisp-2011-2014.897177/page-10#post-37677233

It's a fairly typical BF trademark where posters use their hindsight, to state we should have taken this player in the draft instead of the player we got, same for trades.

I believe many were hoping for Aisho or Reddo with pick 5 for Beams. Pick 5 and Crispo would be better than either of those deals in hindsight. Than add in Greenwood on top. It's why I'm generally reluctant to criticise the club for player moves, when we are clearly amateurs and they, the professionals. They won't get them all right, but they have the information required to make a far more accurate call than anyone on BF.

Crispo has been outstanding this year and should secure a top 5 Copeland finish.

It's a fairly typical BF trademark where posters use their hindsight, to state we should have taken this player in the draft instead of the player we got, same for trades.

I believe many were hoping for Aisho or Reddo with pick 5 for Beams. Pick 5 and Crispo would be better than either of those deals in hindsight. Than add in Greenwood on top. It's why I'm generally reluctant to criticise the club for player moves, when we are clearly amateurs and they, the professionals. They won't get them all right, but they have the information required to make a far more accurate call than anyone on BF.

Crispo has been outstanding this year and should secure a top 5 Copeland finish.

Bang on.

Imagine if we only got P5 and Aish, and Aish played like he has this year.

This board would be up in arms, possible lynch mob out for Hine by mid-April.

Crisp, Greeny and De Goey.

God that's satisfying to look at :D

This will sound like sour grapes, but I really didn't rate Beams that highly.

He was excellent for Bears whilst playing, but in my opinion he will never be elite top 10 player.

JDG on the other hand, I think, has potential for greatness written all over him.

When you throw in Crispwood we are so far in front its laughable.

This will sound like sour grapes, but I really didn't rate Beams that highly.

He was excellent for Bears whilst playing, but in my opinion he will never be elite top 10 player.

JDG on the other hand, I think, has potential for greatness written all over him.

When you throw in Crispwood we are so far in front its laughable.

A bit of a short memory. Beams in 2012 (and a lesser extent last year) was out of this world good.

A bit of a short memory. Beams in 2012 (and a lesser extent last year) was out of this world good.
Out of this world good doesn't sound right. I don't remember him winning any niteable awards (outside Copeland). I wouldn't have thought he was top 10 in the league.

I agree with TD, he was very much a one way runner...very few tackles or defensive stuff.

My good memories of ex players does quickly erode though to be honest.

Out of this world good doesn't sound right. I don't remember him winning any niteable awards (outside Copeland). I wouldn't have thought he was top 10 in the league.

I agree with TD, he was very much a one way runner...very few tackles or defensive stuff.

My good memories of ex players does quickly erode though to be honest.

He was 4th in the AFLPA MVP award, behind Ablett, Watson (Brownlow medallist) & Cotchin (second in Brownlow). Was absolutely top 10 in the league and probably top 5.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was 4th in the AFLPA MVP award, behind Ablett, Watson (Brownlow medallist) & Cotchin (second in Brownlow). Was absolutely top 10 in the league and probably top 5.
Fair enough, as I said my good memories of ex players quickly fades once they leave our us to another club...if they retire from our club they get even better :)

With Beams, memory is he only played 1 good final though?

Fair enough, as I said my good memories of ex players quickly fades once they leave our us to another club...if they retire from our club they get even better :)

With Beams, memory is he only played 1 good final though?

Looking at the numbers I'd say his last 4 finals were all pretty good, but he wasn't great before that.

Add All Australian to that too.

Yeah I know they did, but I don't think anyone expected him to improve as much as he has this year.

The ones who liked him will say 'I told you so', but in reality if they thought he would become the player he has this quickly, they would have been screaming 'UNTOUCHABLE' from the rooftops.

its hilarious the year crisp has had compared to the untouchables brisbane refused to discuss.

Beams was a star for us, no question. He'd still fit in to this team very well. Especially with the amount of defensive mids we now have. He is more of an offensive mid and would be a sure starter. But he chose to leave and we did well out of the trade so all good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beams was a star for us, no question. He'd still fit in to this team very well. Especially with the amount of defensive mids we now have. He is more of an offensive mid and would be a sure starter. But he chose to leave and we did well out of the trade so all good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn’t we get those Defensive Mids thru the Beams Trade in Crips and Greenwood though

Based on trade value and expected output he is head an shoulders above higgins

My criticism of Beams (as a player) since that '12 season is that he has become a bit crabbier in his play, since he came back from that quad injury. He just seems hesitant to consistently extend himself with his kicking and looks to give off a bit too much.

An extreme example of this was that first game against us.

Calls Beams whatever you want, but those that deny the guy ever was and still isn't an elite midfielder of the competition are seriously delusional - IMO of-course ;)

He was in 2012 he reached elite status. Not has as good season as 2012 but been AA since.

He would stand out at Lions as there Midfield is Overrated

Do people still think we folded in accepting Crisp along side 5 and 25 after 'deadline day'? It's hilarious looking back at some of the things that were said about that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back