Jack Darling

Remove this Banner Ad

Very impressed with the debut game of Darling. Barring injury he can play a lot of senior footy in his first year. Loved his strong contested mark and goal in the last i think it was. Solid dukes from Jack. Bodily he just looks so strong and AFL ready. We have WAFL senior level and West Perth to thank for that :thumbsu:

I know there's been comparisons drawn with players like Jonathan Brown but i think he'll be a better version of Aaron Hamill for the time being

Looked like a veteran out there. Positioned well, marked well, great pressure, good awareness, didn't panic. Definitely changed his body shape from last year and has consequently got back the toe he displayed in the 2009 U18's. Very impressive for an 18 yo.

Was not suprised at all how he went, he was ready to play AFL

Darling is another great example of a bloke ready to play because he has played with the big boys in the WAFL for 2 years already.

I am still a believer in no player can be drafted until they have played 20 odd games of league football at the second tier level. Unfortunately the AFL encourage clubs to pick kids which are not ready.

All things being equal Jack should go on and become an A Grade player, he is the best recruit we have picked up since Chris Judd in my view and we are very lucky many clubs over looked him.

Still cannot get over his chasing and his workrate - just incredible

For people who have seen more of him, does he project as a true FF or more of a 3rd tall?

If he has the ability to, he should be our FF straight away

15 possessions (Got 11), 4 marks (got 3), 4 tackles (yep) and a goal (got 2!) i think would be a good result

Nice prediction - pretty close to the mark! I reckon the 2 goals makes up for the few less disposals than you wanted... but a solid debut and I look forward to seeing him hopefully fill some of the Lecca hole this weekend :thumbsu:

Nice prediction - pretty close to the mark! I reckon the 2 goals makes up for the few less disposals than you wanted... but a solid debut and I look forward to seeing him hopefully fill some of the Lecca hole this weekend :thumbsu:

Gotta pay the Troll Toll, if you want to get into this boy's hole..

And i was very happy with the result :D. I expected him to play up the ground a little bit more probs why he didn't quite get the disposals i was looking for. The extra goal definitely made up for it.

Been a good few weeks for a bloke with no hope of ever becoming a good AFL standard player (I get all my player info from Pav).

Good to see he's firing early! I wanted Port to grab Darling at pick 16. Jacobs got struck down with glandular fever so far too early to tell if we made the right call, but gee Darling looks a player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know, was quite funny. Had a north supporter in front of me but he was the opposite. He coulddn't believe the rub of the green they were getting.

On a side note, when Darling is chasing and going for marks. Does anyone think he looks like Jako?

Not saying in ability yet, but in actual looks?

I know, was quite funny. Had a north supporter in front of me but he was the opposite. He coulddn't believe the rub of the green they were getting.

On a side note, when Darling is chasing and going for marks. Does anyone think he looks like Jako?

Not saying in ability yet, but in actual looks?
That comment was made by the commentators on Fox.

Jako's reply? "His shoulders aren't big enough yet" :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back