Toast Jack Macrae

Remove this Banner Ad

A rare bit of good news so far this season. Well done to the lad.

Stringer won't be too far away, probably needs to get his hands on it a bit more to get noticed, which will come in time as fitness improves.

Corrrrr my boy Macrae!

Loved hearing about how he doesn't have licence and how he's into reading. He always seemed pretty a little nervous in his interview videos, which is endearing for a high draft pick. Most of those blokes at GWS have the confidence and smuggery of Chris Judd because they've always been told how good they were.

Corrrrr my boy Macrae!

Loved hearing about how he doesn't have licence and how he's into reading. He always seemed pretty a little nervous in his interview videos, which is endearing for a high draft pick. Most of those blokes at GWS have the confidence and smuggery of Chris Judd because they've always been told how good they were.
Yeah, it probably has helped that he's something of a bolter. Didn't figure in most calculations before 2012, but by the end of it was a top 6 pick!

Tough to please, I remember when Pendlebry got drafted; the Collingwood members wanted to plant the recruiters head on a spike because of exactly the same description you just gave for Macrae. I don't think he'll be much like Pendlebry though, I think he is just going to be a good player in his own right.

Speaking of kicking, Enright from Geelong had the most shocking kick apparently and is an All Australian and Premiership player; players can turn it around in a snap of the fingers but you can't teach alot of what Macrae has.

Im hoping for a Steve Johnson type of midfielder. Get ball, use it well by foot regardless of situation. repeat 30 times a game.

Im hoping for a Steve Johnson type of midfielder. Get ball, use it well by foot regardless of situation. repeat 30 times a game.

Like someone in a previous post had said, he might not have the prettiest kick but he picks out the best option usually and regularly hits his intended target.

I don't even know how in the highlight video he got that handpass off to Markovic :cool:

Was great on the weekend,a natural good decision maker - his poise and handball under pressure in particular.From his season to date, he is a lock - will be a 200 game player.Add another 10kg and he will go up a notch

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The kid is a real beauty, not sure I've seen a second year kid have as good a season as this one (maybe Grant)..and like a lot of you I've seen a lot come through in my time. He does things he shouldn't at this age, he reads the game so well that he's half a step ahead of most which makes him quicker than he really is.....

The kid is a real beauty, not sure I've seen a second year kid have as good a season as this one (maybe Grant)..and like a lot of you I've seen a lot come through in my time. He does things he shouldn't at this age, he reads the game so well that he's half a step ahead of most which makes him quicker than he really is.....
He's top 6 all time for average champion data points for a second year player. Judd at 1.

And to think Macrae was meant to be a bit of a project player, will be an absolute beast in the years to come. Not sure theres a player on our list I'd prefer to have the ball looking for a target inside 50, just puts it lace out in front time after time!

He's top 6 all time for average champion data points for a second year player. Judd at 1.
Have you got a list of this? I'd be interested to see it.

Was on the couch last night. Judd 1. Dal santo 2. Wines at 5. Can't remember 3 and 4 sorry man.
Not bad company there, especially for someone who was barely on the draft radar at the start of his draft year.

Was on the couch last night. Judd 1. Dal santo 2. Wines at 5. Can't remember 3 and 4 sorry man.
Think 3 and 4 might have been Selwood and Fyfe. Fyfe was definitely in there.

Well we'll run with those 5:

Judd = Elite. Selwood = Elite. Dal Santo in his prime = Gun, level down from those two. Fyfe = Looking to be elite. Wines = Man child, gun.

Macrae = Better than all of them :cool:

I remember when I got bagged out, and to "calm down" at the start of this year when I predicted that Macrae would be the Wingard of this year. A second year player who has a massive improvement and gets the attention of everyone. In hindsight, Wingard ain't got s**t on Macrae.
Macrae has gone right past Wingard, being at a lesser club and less pressure makes Macrae a prime bloke to improve without the world seeing him each week.
Wingard got onto the national stage with his marks and has struggled since.

I remember when I got bagged out, and to "calm down" at the start of this year when I predicted that Macrae would be the Wingard of this year. A second year player who has a massive improvement and gets the attention of everyone. In hindsight, Wingard ain't got s**t on Macrae.
I'd say Wingard had a better second year. He was winning games off his own boot and had enormous impact in every single contest. No slight on Macrae though. Has had a fantastic second year.

Anyone else think Macrae is a rough chance to make the squad for AA this year?
He's probably no chance at being in the final 22 but could be an outside chance for the squad of 40 if he maintains his recent form, especially against the likes of Hawthorn and Sydney.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back