Jack Trengove to Tigerland

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

really.... tigers should jump at that. I guess the Lions got Christensen for 21... prob about right
Of course we should, no way we would give away 12 straight up, could co me out big winners if this trade goes through and he becomes near the player he looked like being in his first couple of seasons, should still be able to get a good player at 23.
It's an exciting trade for both teams really.

Demons could be the first team in history to be charged for Tanking at the trade table.

I would be happy if we secured JT. Quality person was a star in SA.
Clutching at straws there....Trennors will be a quality person wherever he goes. Whether he pays football or whatever. This speculation is merely sticking a rocket up him before pre season telling him to shape up or ship out he is mentally fragile at this point in his career..

83373456.gif

The club can get ****ed if they do this. What a horrible deal.

Literally the only way it would be justified is if it somehow involved getting Dangerfield or Beams, and both seem highly unlikely.

Clutching at straws there....Trennors will be a quality person wherever he goes. Whether he pays football or whatever. This speculation is merely sticking a rocket up him before pre season telling him to shape up or ship out he is mentally fragile at this point in his career..
Will fit in well at the Tigers then

I am a bit torn on this. Really want to see Trengove see this through and show us what he has. Also don't want the club to push loyal players out.
On the other hand he has been very injury prone and his foot is a bit risky. If we trade him expect another trade of picks for an experienced player. It's unlikely Roos will go to the draft with 2 and 3 and 12.

Of course we should, no way we would give away 12 straight up, could co me out big winners if this trade goes through and he becomes near the player he looked like being in his first couple of seasons, should still be able to get a good player at 23.

I think who ever gets him will win long term...we are talking about a young player who was captain at a damn young age, then lost his draft value due to injury and form like all demons players

Sounds like a summary of your whole list. :rolleyes:
No different than Trent Cotchin for the last 7 rounds or so ....just needs to find a way to fire up and move forward....
As for Richmond I do hope you make the 8 next year and finish higher than the likes of Essendon and Collingwood they owe it to there fans..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am a bit torn on this. Really want to see Trengove see this through and show us what he has. Also don't want the club to push loyal players out.
On the other hand he has been very injury prone and his foot is a bit risky. If we trade him expect another trade of picks for an experienced player. It's unlikely Roos will go to the draft with 2 and 3 and 12.

Rumour that if it goes through, might look at 3 and 12 for Beams.

So Essentially Frawley, Trengove and 23 for Beams.

has he really had a good yr. 2nd yr was pretty decent but nothing since. throw in a very worrying foot injury the same sort that ruined egans career and there are some real concerns on two fronts.
top 5 pick or not i think his performances after 5 yrs as a whole are underwhelming throw in the foot injury and im not sure i would do this trade.

Rumour that if it goes through, might look at 3 and 12 for Beams.

So Essentially Frawley, Trengove and 23 for Beams.
Huge potential for Mitch Clark all over again. Melbourne wasn't part of Perth then, it's not SE Queensland now. Only benefit would be pissing off all the Pies fans. But it's such a good deal for a disgruntled player they probably wouldn't care eventually and likely draft a gun at 3

Would be a great get for the Tiges, pending he recovers fully from his foot. Won't be a top tier Tiger midfielder (Cotch, Ellis, Martin, Lids, Miles would be ahead) but geez he will add what Richmond need most - very good next tier players.

Would just about cap our midfield off.

Cotchin, Trengove, Miles, Ellis, Conca, Vlastuin, Deledio, Martin, Edwards.

That's a strong midfield, and besides Edwards and Deledio, all will be 25 and under in 2015. Nucleus of a very good midfield for the next few years.

Saw Trengove play seniors at Sturt as a 17yo. Won games off his own boot, including a match winning pack mark in a prelim.
If his foot is alright, the kid will be a gun. Just needs a bit of support in the midfield which he has never had at melbourne
Yeah I remember watching his draft highlights very closely in 2009 and being mighty impressed. His first year in the big time did nothing to dispel that impression, looked an out and out jet. Obviously has had a bad run since but I'd be very surprised if he doesn't turn out a really solid player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back