Jack Watts

Remove this Banner Ad

The funny thing is that if he got delisted, he would immediately get picked up by another club.

Because he was a number 1 draft pick.
Um no. Because he's not the worst outside running and ball use half forward flank style player and young enough still that another team might want to try getting more from him.

He'd get a game for about 10 teams and he'd do what he usually does - offer stuff all in a loss when he can't get any free space, do pretty well and chime in with some goals and classy possessions in a win.

I don't know why he gets single out by commentators in matches, I'm mean I think I do, but it makes no sense.

He was a No1 pick a long time ago now. He's not like Nic Nat who's shown some brilliance and even won a game or two off his own boot, Watts has never done anything, ever . (apart from blind turn around Brock MacLean).

It's been apparent for a long time that he's pretty bloody soft and average.

So who cares what he does? Maybe another side might pick him up, but he won't change. He's a middle of the road player for a team that's looking to improve, you'll know when Melb are heading somewhere when they stop selecting him.

I understand why BFers will discuss it, lets face it, we don't have lives, but he's not worth talking about by the msm.

Who would he kept out of our team today?

But still have to agree, probably would get a few games for the season for Freo since our inury list will hardly stay this short for the whole season...
I don't watch a heap of freo games so I won't speculate.

But he'd get a game for us, and we're better than you.

He's a classy player whose game style is far more suited to good teams than terrible teams (which he has played in his whole career).

He's a classy player whose game style is far more suited to good teams than terrible teams (which he has played in his whole career).
I reckon if you said that to Clarkson's face he would burst out laughing.

And there is absolutely no way he that he would get near Fremantle's best 22.

Well, perhaps. Think he is bit like Michael Johnson at times. Pretty tall and mobile but not that strong for his size. Has been tried in a variety of role as well. Andf Johnson played his best footy when we did well as well: 2006 and under Ross Lyon in defense and 2010 in a forward/ruck role. But Watts probabyl needs to improve a little in reading the game...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He might well get a game at the best clubs..........a game........then they'd realise.

He is not a player, his heart is not in it.

In a pressure game there's often a guy who lets you down, he's got that position filled.

He'd get a game at every club.

You don't watch any games, including your own team, from the sounds of it.

Watts has been ruined by melb. Never a no1 draft pick and received unfair media criticism.

At best he was a 10-20 pick. Some players are mentally weak and he is just that. With melbs poor culture and media on his back the guy is broke. Probably never reach a decent level of potential.
This is pure bullshit. There were three blokes in contention for that #1 spot in 08. Watts, NicNat and Rich. It's not like Melbourne massively reached for him like Richmond did with Conca, for example.

Demons should trade Watts IMO
but just my opinion worth of Jack is
late 1st Round Pick and a 3rd Round, anything higher would be unrealistic. To be a late 1st Rd would go to a team contending, maybe Swans? Replacement for Adam Goodes, if he does retire as Watts still young

Demons would be happy with late first rounder and lately with MFC recruiting of 3rd rounders, think would be the icing on the cake

Demons should trade Watts IMO
but just my opinion worth of Jack is
late 1st Round Pick and a 3rd Round, anything higher would be unrealistic. To be a late 1st Rd would go to a team contending, maybe Swans? Replacement for Adam Goodes, if he does retire as Watts still young

Demons would be happy with late first rounder and lately with MFC recruiting of 3rd rounders, think would be the icing on the cake

LOL if you actually think any team would pay a late first round AND a third round pick. He is not worth anything. If you can get Josh Bruce for pick 47 you aint getting bugger all for watts.

LOL if you actually think any team would pay a late first round AND a third round pick. He is not worth anything. If you can get Josh Bruce for pick 47 you aint getting bugger all for watts.

Your probably right, you have a super strong argument which I can't fault

What do you believe his worth is?
In lots of cases good players have gone at cheap prices. Example Mumford to GWS for pick 35 and Jesse White to Pies for pick in the mid 60's, but they had to clear up their list to accomodate cap for Buddy

What's Gibbs worth in your opinion and ill tell you if I agree?

I would be the happiest man on earth if Carlton gave up a top 25 pick for Watts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back