JAEGER O'Meara Possibly Suns bound

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he might be right, it would make a mockery of the AFL's mini-draft if the deal went ahead and defeats the purpose of why the mini-draft was invented in the first place... to give GWS the opportunity to trade for more early picks in this years national draft setting them up for a strong first AFL season.

AFL Blocks GWS Super Trade

Just released on afl.com.au about 30 mins ago.

Also Adrian Anderson on Trade Week Radio at 8am tomorrow to no doubt back the article up etc...etc... :)

Mind you the article does kinda say they might allow the trade if it actually seems fairish? I'm not sure if Adrian Anderson definitively rules out the possibility of GWS getting the mini pick though? All they've done is reject the trade put forward too

Not only that but we would also hold onto the middle of first round compo pick for future drafts. Was just watching our Rd23 game against the Dees with Blease tearing holes in us. Wouldn't mind someone like a Hoskin-Elliott with blistering speed at pick#4.

[YOUTUBE]jACUtEKO7U4[/YOUTUBE]

Seems like he would be a nice back up to O'meara haha

Here is to hoping we hear something soon :thumbsu:

Interesting comment from Young saying that he isn't sure O'Meara would have nominated for the GWS draft if he thought he would end up at GWS. Hope the deal can be secured today. Sick of waiting!

I think most people are the same in that hoepfully its sorted out today...whether its us or not. It's holding up the whole trade period it appears...

Just read on the HS, a quote from Young. Apparently GC is O'Meara's preferred club to go to, outside of WA of course. That's great news! Seems to be keen on coming here.

Young, who said he hoped a resolution would be reached "this afternoon", said Gold Coast was O’Meara’s preferred destination - outside Western Australia.

"I believe Gold Coast are the front-runners and he’d be delighted if that were the case," he said.

Interesting comment from Young saying that he isn't sure O'Meara would have nominated for the GWS draft if he thought he would end up at GWS. Hope the deal can be secured today. Sick of waiting!

I reckon trades will get done now I was on the AFL site yesterday and it said clubs couldn't get trades done. Because they were waiting on what the AFL had to say about the GWS 5 club trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The latest is that if a "genuine" trade was done then GWS could still get him according to the AFL, this is excruciating waiting for the deadline.

The fact that the kid actually wants to come to the GC is an awesome bonus.

Mind you Iva thats if a WA club doesnt pick him up. GC is O'Meara's 2nd pick.

Correct and that will always be on the Suns and the supporters minds should we be successful in drafting him. But he is well worth the risk.

Same can be said about Swallow as well though... and a bunch of our players!

Generally though all the big players of clubs are long term because they are all so well looked after contract wise so no point to uproot and move. Its generally the small/medium size contract type players, or fringe players that use the go home thing to get traded and seek better opportunities I believe :confused:

Mind you Iva thats if a WA club doesnt pick him up. GC is O'Meara's 2nd pick.

True but I can't see how they can complete with our No4 pick, GWS have stated they want picks and apart from the ones they already have ours is the best going around.

Frankly I just want this to be over, not knowing is painful.

Any truth to the rumour on the Drafts and Trading board that your club complained to the AFL about the 4 way trade for O'Meara?

Any truth to the rumour on the Drafts and Trading board that your club complained to the AFL about the 4 way trade for O'Meara?

No idea, I asked for a source somewhere in a thread I think in the Drafts and Trading board earlier and haven't seen anything to suggest that the club complained in any form of media?

Let alone somewhere where someone has said "A club has complained"

May all be Twitter/Journalist mumbles? :confused:

What rubbish. Creative writing developed by an angry supporter because the AFL veto'd such a crazy trade. That's all it is. Have never seen anything to suggest this is true from any media source, credible or otherwise.

The Suns are in the hunt for O'Meara, yes, but would not complain about such a trade when it still has pick 4 available to use. Makes no sense.

GC trade pick 4 and compo pick to GWS for pick 1 mini draft (O'Meara) and GWS 2nd round pick (31)

tweeted by AFLNewsInsider

Well done:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back