James Aish

Remove this Banner Ad

You are arguing age. Fair point. What if Aish spends the next 4 years doing his knee. By your argument we might as well trade Dangerfield for the number 1 pick and be done with it. Then in 5 years time, trade in that number 1 pick for the number 1 pick and so on. We win, we get age!

We're talking about Richard Douglas and James Aish.

If a direct swap occurred of Douglas out and Aish in (if that's what it came down to) is a huge win for us.

I don't understand how anyone would say differently.

Douglas for Aish wouldn't be a gain for us because Aish could do his knee. I think that's the argument.

No, the argument was you are arguing its a win regardless and Im telling you its not the case. I also said, by your logic lets trade Danger for the number 1 pick then keep trading it every couple of years because we get age.

No, the argument was you are arguing its a win regardless and Im telling you its not the case. I also said, by your logic lets trade Danger for the number 1 pick then keep trading it every couple of years because we get age.

That doesn't relate to anything we're talking about.

Are you saying if we had the chance to direct swap Douglas for Aish that you'd even think twice?

We're talking about Richard Douglas and James Aish.

If a direct swap occurred of Douglas out and Aish in (if that's what it came down to) is a huge win for us.

I don't understand how anyone would say differently.

Aish is operating on reputation as a high draft pick and has yet to prove f all. All you are arguing is its a win on age. A win in my book is we keep douglas and still trade in Aish by trading a draft pick and a 2nd tier player. What about trade Danger or Sloane for Aish? We win on age. that's your argument isn't it.

There is a calculated risk with every single decision in life including trading football players.

The risk of developing a 19yo gun midfielder who wants to play for us, in exchange for an aging, injury prone former ice skater with a recent tribunal record, is called savvy risk taking.

Aish is operating on reputation as a high draft pick and has yet to prove f all. All you are arguing is its a win on age. A win in my book is we keep douglas and still trade in Aish by trading a draft pick and a 2nd tier player. What about trade Danger or Sloane for Aish? We win on age. that's your argument isn't it.

Of course a win is we keep Douglas and trade in Aish!! But we haven't been arguing that. You've changed the goalposts there.

Of course I wouldn't trade Aish for Sloane or Dangerfield. But I would Douglas in a heartbeat.

What draft pick and what 2nd tier player would you put up?

That doesn't relate to anything we're talking about.

Are you saying if we had the chance to direct swap Douglas for Aish that you'd even think twice?

Not at all.

If that was the only option on the table, Douglas wanted to go (which he has to as his right) then sure. But it would be far from the very first deal I would approach Brisbane with. It wouldn't even be in the top 5. That's a last resort type of option.

Not at all.

If that was the only option on the table, Douglas wanted to go (which he has to as his right) then sure. But it would be far from the very first deal I would approach Brisbane with. It wouldn't even be in the top 5. That's a last resort type of option.

Of course. But that's not the argument.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just struggle to decide whether Aish will be an above-average 200 gamer or a potential gun. I reckon it's the former but if he becomes a Crow I hope I'm wrong (esp if we pay a premium)

At this rate, Port will be able to offer a far better first round draft pick and player clearance auction so it may not even be an option.

They aren't losing Cornes salary next year, they would have known this was his last when structuring contracts.

I think Douglas will stay, will be a similar waste of time as discussing trades with Saints supporters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back