James Aish

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Aish is just playing his cards close to his chest. Just because he hasn't nominated a club in the media doesn't mean he's not keen to play AFL.
The fact that he hasn't publicly nominated a club could be a good sign for us. Nothing leaks from the AFC these days, and perhaps due to the immenent Danger trade, we've asked him to keep quiet until trade period? I know this is tin foil hat stuff, but surely he would have to entertain the thought of playing in his home state for his supported team growing up - I think we are in the box seat.

Nothing to do with going on a holiday, but going without having things squared away. If he really wanted to come home to Adelaide, he'd be making that known - he did this time last year. But this year he seems like he's really disillusioned? Don't know... Just a feeling I'm getting. Hope I'm wrong.

Could he be foxing.
Team first thinking, but for the Crows. Do what it takes.

Some players must really drive there clubs around the bend. I get that he is young but surely he can undertstand that he has to make a decision on this before he jets off to Bali!! Does he not realise that indecision impacts on far more than just himselvf. As a redlegs man I always wanted an Aish in our team but gotta say Im getting really turned off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some players must really drive there clubs around the bend. I get that he is young but surely he can undertstand that he has to make a decision on this before he jets off to Bali!! Does he not realise that indecision impacts on far more than just himselvf. As a redlegs man I always wanted an Aish in our team but gotta say Im getting really turned off.

Just because we/the media don't know of his intentions doesn't mean that he hasn't made a decision and informed his club.

Aish isn't driving it at this point. It's his manager.

Aish says to him where he wants to go and it's up to the manager to get him there/deal with Brisbane and whatnot.

As I have mentioned in other threads;
I have always thought Dangerfield was leaving and I have always thought Aish would come to the Crows.

The problem was that the AFC couldn't guarantee Aish that they could bring him home because there was always the "hope" that Dangerfield would change his mind and remain here. Unless Aish is going on a 6 week cultural tour of Bali, I'd expect him to be back just after the grand final. In the week after the GF all the remaining high quality uncontracted players will declare their hand.

Now, signing Michael Talia would be a double bonus, he has really improved over the last two years and I'd love to avoid the whole "look at me, look at me" that we have had to suffer with Dangerfield this year. What about 5 year contracts for 2 X Crouch, 2 X Talia?

He wants to play for a team in Melbourne that is what I understood.
Well we've just played in Melbourne for the last two weeks, preceded by a trip to Geelong. :footy:

sometimes I feel like I can't really say anything when it comes to players not wanting to live/play in Adelaide and they want to live in Melbourne... That's exactly what I did when I was 22 and I really don't see that changing anytime soon...

It shits me when Danger leaves / players baulk at heading to Adelaide, but does that make me a hypocrite? ...

sometimes I feel like I can't really say anything when it comes to players not wanting to live/play in Adelaide and they want to live in Melbourne... That's exactly what I did when I was 22 and I really don't see that changing anytime soon...

It shits me when Danger leaves / players baulk at heading to Adelaide, but does that make me a hypocrite? ...

Not at all. Because it's different in the context of professional sport.

Players aren't queuing up to leave Port Adelaide. And they've lured their fair share in recent times too (Polec, Ryder, Monfries, Ebert, White etc).

The go-home factor is always there but we've benefitted from that as much as we've suffered.

It's up to us to make the club a place players don't want to leave.

Not many players are going to leave a well-run Adelaide Football Club to play for a shitty Victorian perennial cellar dwellar no matter how much they think Melbourne is a better place to live. A footy career lasts how long on average? Three, four years?

Do you think Bernie desperately wanted to go and play for the Demons?

Premierships. That's what players want. After 30 you can live wherever the hell you want.

Not at all. Because it's different in the context of professional sport.

Players aren't queuing up to leave Port Adelaide. And they've lured their fair share in recent times too (Polec, Ryder, Monfries, Ebert, White etc).

The go-home factor is always there but we've benefitted from that as much as we've suffered.

It's up to us to make the club a place players don't want to leave.

No player is going to leave a well-run Adelaide Football Club to play for a shitty Victorian perennial cellar dwellar no matter how much they think Melbourne is a better place to live. A footy career lasts how long on average? Three, four years?

Premierships. That's what players want. After 30 you can live wherever the hell you want.
so we need to turn that into a compelling proposition for 19 year olds who just want to get out of Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back