James Hird's Essendon story has yet to be told - The Age

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
agree. The way Hawthorn supporters used to act about Buddy was frankly embarrassing hey
I'm not sure there's any footy follower that DOESN'T drool over that one special player. And I've no doubt that affection definitely clouds your ability to think logically about said player. Which player was/is it for you Lance?

agree. The way Hawthorn supporters used to act about Buddy was frankly embarrassing hey
Just got a vision of Big Buddy as senior coach of the Hawkes in 2030. Cried laughing.

The thread heading for some reason reminds of a possible remake the old epic "The Greatest Story Ever Told" with James Hird playing the role of Max von Sydow.

I can't wait for Mr. Hirds story to come out. I don't really have a investment in the outcome of the Tribunal because of the following reasons.

1. Numerous senior clubs management replaced.
2. Many millions spent on legal matters without success.
3. Suspended from a final series.
4. International and national embarrassment.
5. EFC PR silliness and spin to the determent of the club.
6. B&F night debacle.
7. Scorn and ridicule from numerous areas.
8. $2mil fine.
9. $2mil worth of weapons!

The list goes on, so who really does have the emotional investment in the Tribunal? Not the 17 other clubs or their supporters, but the campaigner's and foamers from the otherside. So yeah the tribunal is just a sideshow to the whole saga. Wake up and smell the roses EFC, it's not about us, we had and have no control, that's your bag to carry.

The pride you collective have must be immense! Hird owes it to the club and supports on who this situation got so bad, I hope it's acceptable given the cost so far!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back