Delisted James Rowe [delisted]

Remove this Banner Ad

You can have a special place on our board with comments like that (maybe our mods can give you a get out of jail free card in case you get a ban for anything there)...that is what most of us have been saying for a very long time now
I reckon multineer had a good laugh when I suggested similar. Guess he's Ned's best mate.

I can't fathom how those 2 got extended, let alone play 50 odd games.

I reckon multineer had a good laugh when I suggested similar. Guess he's Ned's best mate.

I made the point on our board that it was opportunity cost with McHenry. In 2018 the crows started the trade period with a vastly better draft hand than port did - we had 8, 13, 16 & 21. Instead of being aggressive to get inside that top 7 rather than only focusing on pick 2 as apparently we were, we sat back and watched your side move the board, trade players and get the capital to trade up inside that top 7 and you ended up with Rozee. We have Jones and McHenry from that draft we we took

Hindsight is always wonderful, but at the time, there was a reason why Walsh, Lukosius, Rankine, B King, Rozee, M King and B Smith were being placed as the top kids from that draft class. McHenry will always be a reminder of our failure to get in before your side to get one of those prised picks and who knows, we might be the ones with Rozee or b King for example running around in our side.

BTW, that is a compliment to Ports recruiting team - as they did this year to get JHF - leave no stone unturned to try and get the end result. Mostly we have been found wanting, although Dawson and Rankine are very very good gets more recently

but at the time, there was a reason why Walsh, Lukosius, Rankine, B King, Rozee, M King and B Smith were being placed as the top kids from that draft class
I remember watching the trades come through and seeing Port throw sooo many picks moving up, thought wtf are they doing, many inside 30s burnt to move up. But geez, I'll never question the Port recruiting team ever again.

I remember watching the trades come through and seeing Port throw sooo many picks moving up, figured, wtf are they doing, many inside 30s burnt to move up. But geez, I'll never question the Port recruiting team ever again.
We like to joke at the missing pieces port have traded in, but it can not be said they ever leave a stone unturned if they really want something

IF you guys end up winning a flag with JHF and Rozee in the side (and as a crow I would vomit if it happened - but thats another debate), they should erect a statue of Cripps and Davies down your way for what they have been able to do

they should erect a statue of Cripps and Davies down your way for what they have been able to do
I'd be of the belief they already should.

The only off field positions I think are as safe as anything. They've got so many credits in the bank in the last decade or so now.

People blame Tippett and the penalties you faced for the situation you found yourselves in, I think it was the many years of failed drafts. Which is a far cry from the decade earlier where it was roles reversed between the 2 of us. Sloane and the like bargain basements.

I made the point on our board that it was opportunity cost with McHenry. In 2018 the crows started the trade period with a vastly better draft hand than port did - we had 8, 13, 16 & 21. Instead of being aggressive to get inside that top 7 rather than only focusing on pick 2 as apparently we were, we sat back and watched your side move the board, trade players and get the capital to trade up inside that top 7 and you ended up with Rozee. We have Jones and McHenry from that draft we we took

Hindsight is always wonderful, but at the time, there was a reason why Walsh, Lukosius, Rankine, B King, Rozee, M King and B Smith were being placed as the top kids from that draft class. McHenry will always be a reminder of our failure to get in before your side to get one of those prised picks and who knows, we might be the ones with Rozee or b King for example running around in our side.

BTW, that is a compliment to Ports recruiting team - as they did this year to get JHF - leave no stone unturned to try and get the end result. Mostly we have been found wanting, although Dawson and Rankine are very very good gets more recently
It seems like Port look at the draft crops and hit certain drafts harder.

When we traded for Marshall and SPP, the depth at that point of the draft looked good so got the extra pick in. Same as Mitch Georgiades and Bergman draft. All 4 look like they will have good AFL careers.

2018 got Rozee, Butters and Duursma.

We targeted sinn and used our 2nd round pick (2022) to get him last year thinking bombers wanted him.

I guess we didnt rate this year and next years draft with us first targeting dunkly then JHF became available.

It seems like Port look at the draft crops and hit certain drafts harder.

When we traded for Marshall and SPP, the depth at that point of the draft looked good so got the extra pick in. Same as Mitch Georgiades and Bergman draft. All 4 look like they will have good AFL careers.

2018 got Rozee, Butters and Duursma.

We targeted sinn and used our 2nd round pick (2022) to get him last year thinking bombers wanted him.

I guess we didnt rate this year and next years draft with us first targeting dunkly then JHF became available.
Not sure about the draft next year as by all accounts it is supposed to be a very strong one but for sure, they rated JHF above all else and set out their stall to get him

Mmm, 50 games, that's the magic number when they blossom into high quality footballers, we have a heap of kids waiting to break through that oft mentioned barrier.

Not sure about the draft next year as by all accounts it is supposed to be a very strong one but for sure, they rated JHF above all else and set out their stall to get him
Yeah when an SA player of JHF or Rankine's ability want to come home you have to do what's required to get it done.

I think Port giving up 2022 (8) and 2023 first round picks and Amon/or 27 is worth both JHF and Rioli. We swap 2023 2nd and 3rds for Pies 23 2nd and Freo 3rd which all 3 of port/pies/freo will be around the same ladder position. I think both out 22/23 firsts wont be in the top end of the draft where you want it so it works out well if JHF can live up to his potential.

I think our recruitment team have done very well with out picks recent years but also dont mind when you trade for players. Sometimes those picks are overated. Will pick 5 be a player better than rankine?

And cut.

Remember Adelaide’s list manager rewriting history saying how they always rated thilthorpe at one but bid on JUH to eat up dogs’ picks so we couldn’t get Rowe.

Might get him as a DFA now, or even just a Footscray recruit
that wasn't a re-writing of history.

There is a video from one of Adelaides list management meetings ahead of the draft, where they discuss the reasons for bidding, and Roe is mentioned.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure I understand that logic.

If he's good enough for a place on the list, then one of the teams would have taken him.

Theres no reason to expect the Crows to hold onto a player than no other club thinks is up to standard.

I think your Sarcasm Detecting machine is broken friend:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back