Recommitted James Borlase

Remove this Banner Ad

Would he make it to crows pick in the rookie draft? someone like North or Essendon would swoop as a DFA surely.
Possibly... which is why I think we may delist/relist another player.

Will be interesting to see how Reid manages this

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Crows have elevated Nick Murray to the primary list, whilst delisting Borlase with the intentions of picking him up again in the rookie list. But they also run the risk of another club picking him up
I'd throw borlase a lifeline. Cats have like one defender not on the senior team total.

I'd throw borlase a lifeline. Cats have like one defender not on the senior team total.

Probably a better option than any players in the pick 40 plus range in the national draft.

Is he eligible to sign with another club as a delisted free agent ?

Dogs should have a look too

Probably a better option than any players in the pick 40 plus range in the national draft.

Is he eligible to sign with another club as a delisted free agent ?

Dogs should have a look too
Having been delisted he should be a DFA but not sure the period to sign one is currently open? Someone else should know more than me

Suggest a couple of clubs would be making that call.

KP defenders are in high demand. Would think North will enquire. Hawks?

Crows KP defensive stocks have taken a hit. They may need to bring in a mature option especially if they lose another.
We did with Burgess.

Nope, Burgess was brought in as forward/defence depth, Irishman Keane played well in the SANFL after not doing an AFL pre-season, will do a full preseason over summer. Both likely already ahead of Borlase in the pecking order and added to that both List Manager Justin Reid and player manager David Trotter are on record during trade week stating that there is a big possibility Elliott Himmelberg will be tried in defence in 2024.

Well they are ahead of where I thought.

KP defense is an area that needs improving before the Crows can seriously contend. As your post highlights looks like an area the club knows it needs more options.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back