Recommitted James Borlase

Remove this Banner Ad

Cleric

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Has been on Adelaide's list for a number of years, and only got a game this weekend.
He played very well, and looks like he could have a career at this level.

Uncontracted at Adelaide, and when all backs are fit, he still is on the outside.
Could be a good cheap get for a team, and wouldn't be surprised to see Port Power make a play for him.

Is he a genuine key defender or more of a 3rd tall type?

Certainly looked like a big boy out there.
He's more a Rutten type... plays taller than he his height suggests.

Amazing debut with a disposal efficiency of 100%.

Doubt he is going anywhere given the Crows have lost McAsey & now Murray is out injured for a season.

He's more a Rutten type... plays taller than he his height suggests.

Amazing debut with a disposal efficiency of 100%.

Doubt he is going anywhere given the Crows have lost McAsey & now Murray is out injured for a season.

I didn't really notice his disposal out there - which usually is a good thing for the meat and potatoes type KPDs.

Doubt he'd leave either. Thought he was solid out there. Casboult is a tough match up for a first gamer.

I didn't really notice his disposal out there - which usually is a good thing for the meat and potatoes type KPDs.

Doubt he'd leave either. Thought he was solid out there. Casboult is a tough match up for a first gamer.
Like his Dad he is a clean footballer disposal wise.

Like Rutten he is not quick nor tall, but has great footy smarts.

Has been on Adelaide's list for a number of years, and only got a game this weekend.
He played very well, and looks like he could have a career at this level.

Uncontracted at Adelaide, and when all backs are fit, he still is on the outside.
Could be a good cheap get for a team, and wouldn't be surprised to see Port Power make a play for him.
I would rather Borlase than Butts.. Doedee is goneski and Murray will miss the first 15-18 games of 2024. sign him up now!

Interesting that there has been no movement yet with the Crows re-signing Borlase yet. His games at the end of the season were excellent and shows he has a future in the AFL as a defender. We have Murray out with an ACL as well as Doedee, do we do need him in the team.
I have suspicions that Port, who also need backs, are looking at getting him from the Crows. Would be a bargin get, and the opportunity to get the son of a Magpie great back at the club where he belonged, would be a romantic story the club could sell to its supporters.

Interesting that there has been no movement yet with the Crows re-signing Borlase yet. His games at the end of the season were excellent and shows he has a future in the AFL as a defender. We have Murray out with an ACL as well as Doedee, do we do need him in the team.
I have suspicions that Port, who also need backs, are looking at getting him from the Crows. Would be a bargin get, and the opportunity to get the son of a Magpie great back at the club where he belonged, would be a romantic story the club could sell to its supporters.
Looked good with ball in hand and when he got to the contest no doubt but was as slow as a wet week

But I suspect you’re right we would be in his ear if our other KPD plays come to not much is my guess

Looked good with ball in hand and when he got to the contest no doubt but was as slow as a wet week

But I suspect you’re right we would be in his ear if our other KPD plays come to not much is my guess
It would be as a dfa if it happened and there would likely be no cost. Bit i'd rather hold onto him and see like other clubs if we could extend the cat b spot for an extra year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you honestly think they will delist him if they can’t? I would have thought they could find a spot for him on the list for another year.
We are tight for spots but i'd hope the AFL grant us what they have to other sides to allow an extra year on the cat b and that solves anyissue next year. I don't want to lose him as he can play

We are tight for spots but i'd hope the AFL grant us what they have to other sides to allow an extra year on the cat b and that solves anyissue next year. I don't want to lose him as he can play
Dont you have a likely 37 with all the ins/outs likely

Borlase would make it 38 if not Cat B

Leaves 4 spots open for the draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back