Past Jared Brennan (2003-2010)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Jared Brennan

It says Gold Coast's sixth and ninth pick. This is 9 and 15.

No, it says:

Brennan’s departure would attract a healthy early pick in return, with possibly even Gold Coast’s sixth pick and ninth overall in the November draft in return for the 119-game star.

Mr Conlan's assessment is accurate, not that it matters.

Link

And he (Tom Petroro) says fellow client, Lion Jared Brennan, remains interested in both Carlton and Gold Coast and has been he's been impressed by offers from both clubs. Swann said that he expects Brennan will find his way to Gold Coast.

brennan13.jpg

If the Suns and Lions come to an agreement on Brennan, it might shed some light on their tactics as to how loosely they use their stack of top 10 draft pics to get new players to their team. Will they play hard ball if a player has stated he wants to go to the Gold Coast or will they try to make things as smooth as possible to get as many deals done?

Link

As clubs prepare to meet at Etihad Stadium today, Fremantle's Chris Tarrant and Brisbane Lion Jared Brennan are the biggest names set to be discussed.

Brennan is still favoured to cross to the Gold Coast, which has a raft of picks available to get the job done

Link

Brisbane Lions and the Suns were still in discussions over a deal for Jared Brennan yesterday. One arrangement would have Brennan and pick 10 going to the Gold Coast in exchange for the Suns' pick five and a later pick, possibly 25.

Link

Hird said today the Bombers would be a low-key player at the trade table, and the club is out of the race for Lion Jared Brennan.

Link

The Lions are seeking two first-round draft picks from the Gold Coast for utility Jared Brennan. Talks last night centred on a deal involving Brennan and pick 10 to the Gold Coast, with the Suns giving back pick five and a later first-round pick, possibly pick 20 they could secure from Fremantle in a complicated side deal involving compensation picks and pre-listed players.

brennan11.jpg

It's not "two first-round draft picks" if we have to give up one in return. Hopefully our reps can handle subtraction and realise that.

It will be this year if we get 5 & 20, considering the this years compromised draft, Otherwise we get roughly pick 11 in an uncompromised draft year?

It will be this year if we get 5 & 20, considering the this years compromised draft, Otherwise we get roughly pick 11 in an uncompromised draft year?

Nah, dlanod is right, how can it be "two first round picks" if we had to give one up as well.

If I take a dollar coin off you, and give you two dollars. I've still only given you one dollar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, dlanod is right, how can it be "two first round picks" if we had to give one up as well.

If I take a dollar coin off you, and give you two dollars. I've still only given you one dollar.
Has anyone worded us up on this for our draft week ?

But wouldn't I still have 2 dollars? It's basically semantics anyway, but I would much prefer something like pick 10+15 rather than pick 5 and 20-something.

Link

GOLD Coast was poised to land Brisbane's Jared Brennan, with a draft pick and a prelisted player said to be involved.

Link

Clayton expected the pair (Josh Fraser and Jared Brennan) to become the seventh and eighth experienced players to become Suns by the 2pm deadline to sign uncontracted players, with the Magpies to be compensated according to AFL rules.

Brennan's deal will involve the exchange of NAB AFL Draft picks, given his Lions' teammate Michael Rischitelli has already been listed by the club as an uncontracted player.

"[Fraser and Brennan] should happen today prior to 2pm. We're confident to both of those things occurring," Clayton told afl.com.au's Trade Week radio.

Discussion Thread

Link

The Collingwood decision to trade pick 25 to the Gold Coast could help finalise a deal for Jared Brennan to go to the Suns. That deal will be sealed today after Brennan informed the Lions he only wanted them to deal with the Suns.

Link

Brennan and Fraser signed with the Suns soon before Thursday's 2pm deadline, although written permission was required from the Lions given Gold Coast had already acquired midfielder Michael Rischitelli from the club.The Lions gave the go-ahead, and the details of the compensation packages are expected to be finalised before the weekend.
The clubs are also expected to swap their first-round draft picks - speculated to be the Suns' selection No.5 for the Lions' No.10 - before the end of the exchange period.

Brennan

"I couldn't be more thrilled about the way things have turned out. I'm really looking forward to a fresh start, and to be able to further my career in Queensland is a real bonus. It's going to be an exciting time," Brennan said.

brennanq.jpg

Tom Pretoro

"It stems to 12 months ago. When you bring five uncontracted players in, and in Brisbane's case they only really had one or two fall out, it puts pressure on the salary cap," Petroro told afl.com.au's Trade Week Radio.

"By doing that, we've seen Michael fall out and now Jared.

"It's not a reflection of Jared's disinterest in the Lions; they'll still form an important part of his life but I think it was more from a salary cap [point of view], they were really tight.

"It was time for Jared to really launch into the next phase of his career and for him, he probably needed a fresh start."

Link

Lions will receive a compensatory pick from the AFL, which they will swap to Gold Coast in return for a higher selection.

Link
Lions will receive a compensatory pick from the AFL, which they will swap to Gold Coast in return for a higher selection.
The word ‘swap’ should read as negotiating with the GC for a more reasonable/higher draft selection. :)

Sounds like the clubs have figured this out between them in a way to manufacture and extra draft pick to use in upgrading a pick for us. If so then it's smart play by both sides. As long as we get our slice of the pie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back