Past #30: Jarrad Waite - will retire at end 2018 - 60 NM games/120+ NM goals - Shinboner - thanks W80

Remove this Banner Ad

Very interesting recruit.

I agree with the comment that I think Daz made in a different thread a while ago. I see a lot of talk about him putting pressure on Black and so on, but if Waite is fully fit it's actually arguable that he's our best forward.

And thank * he won't be tearing us up when we play Carlton any more.

Best of luck to you with Jarrad -if you can get that sort of year out of him it will be his career best year at the age of 32 or 33.

FYI - JW's has kicked 36 goals in a season twice in his 12 year career. Every other year he kicked less than 30. He averaged above 3 tackles a game in 2008 (3.15 a game), but he played predominantly at CHB that year and only kicked 7 goals in 21 games.

Good luck - but if that is your expectations of a breakeven result, history suggests you are going to be disappointed.

I Have high expectations, so should the club. I wasn't overly keen on the whole situation, and you've highlighted why with those stats. Inconsistent performers who are 32 years old are not what this club needs. Anyway, if he doesn't reach that mark I will be disappointed

I Have high expectations, so should the club. I wasn't overly keen on the whole situation, and you've highlighted why with those stats. Inconsistent performers who are 32 years old are not what this club needs. Anyway, if he doesn't reach that mark I will be disappointed

Fair enough - nothing wrong with high expectations in October! If he delivers a 40-goal, 3-tackle a game season he is recruit of the year.

Best of luck - if helps deliver you a flag (provided it is not over Carlton), I don't begrudge him the opportunity to win a premiership

Hansen caught breathing a sigh of relief. Welcome aboard JW. I'm like the pick up. Ready to go key forward, Draft picks still intact. Wtf are posters unsure of? We were forced to play both Brown and black with injuries last year. Petrie holds the fed line together, but he wasn't much chop at times, and if he went down we play black brown and Wood? Riiiight. Maybe in 3 years.

Bring in the crazy bastard to add the extra bit of mongrel that this team needs. I actually have it on good authority that Waite was shocked at the lack of fight shown when lmac got thrown into the fence. He gon' change that s**t.

May the best players play, may the injured rest, and may the out of form go and find it in the twos.

If our midfield hold their end of the bargin. Which I suspect they will unless we have another coaching departure to melbourne :mad:. Forward delivery will be amazing. And marks/conversion should rise too

Which is what Hawthorn do.

Waite was 2nd for tackles at Carlton inside 50 and 1st for ground ball gets. We all know he can take a contested mark against the best defender and is also good on the lead.

Exactly. And Hawthorn are a team I rate.:)

good move by NMFC. Waite will make us a better side - he has x-factor. If we get 15+ games out of him during the H&A season, we've done well.

Higgins im not so sure about but why not? Would he be in our best 22? Yes.

good move by NMFC. Waite will make us a better side - he has x-factor. If we get 15+ games out of him during the H&A season, we've done well.

Higgins im not so sure about but why not? Would he be in our best 22? Yes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Waite: I'm very excited to get this opportunity. It was a very emotional time to leave Carlton #NMFCMedia

Waite: North Melbourne has trusted in me for the next two years and I'm really looking forward to repaying the favour #NMFCMedia

Waite: It was a decision I didn't take lightly but I feel I made the right one (to go to North) #NMFCMedia

Waite: Browny showed a lot in high pressure games. We all know what Drew can do...I love the way the Roos play(ed) their footy #NMFCMedia

Waite: I'm ready to go on day 1 of pre season. I'll probably come back a few weeks earlier (than the rest of the team) #NMFCMedia

Do we know how much coin we are paying him?,that's the one concern I have.
Yeah, that's the question. I have a feeling he signed with us because we offered two years, whereas Carlton only offered one. Wonder if we offered him a bigger wage as well.

Good luck to Waitey at North, would be very happy for him if he snags a premiership medal with you guys..

Mick's childish outburst on 5AA aside, it probably is for the best Waite and Carlton part company, we are in rebuild mode again, and Waite deserves to play finals.

By_hq5yCIAAAmhM.jpg

Don't like the move but happy to be proven wrong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back