FTA-TV Jason Dunstall firms to fill Paul Roos' vacant seat on Fox Footy's On the Couch

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 2, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Personally, I was hoping it would be Wayne Carey. I am a bit over Dunstall and Voss isn't very bright from all reports. I am surprised that they didn't consider Worsfold.

Looks like they're dumbing the show down a bit.

They absolutely have to get someone involved recently as an AFL coach because Mike and Gerrard are morons.

If they end up with 3 morons on the couch show is dead

Let's be honest, anyone will be better than Roos. It was beyond a joke with his bias towards Sydney so I think we're all looking forward to a level playing field.

For what it's worth I had always thought Voss would be a shoe in. He fits the mould of Hird and Roos who were just recently out of the game from both a playing and coaching capacity. I just can't see Dunstall being able to give the game day insight that they others could.

The bum fluff he has underneath his bottom lip is hideous.
Any comment you make about Hawthorn bares absolutely no weight and you know the reason why. ..anyway I thought I'd get that out there.

As for Dunstall on OTC ? No. I would have thought Voss or Carey would be better options.

I'd be happy with Dunstall on the couch.

Not while he was officially at Hawthoen mind you, but now that he is free from that duty, i think he will be outstanding.

Briliant footy mind.

Voss is a numbskull. Gun footballer. But a numbskull.

Carey would be good.

But i reckon a freed up from Hawthorn duties Chief will be a step up from Roos and Hird.

Personally, I was hoping it would be Wayne Carey. I am a bit over Dunstall and Voss isn't very bright from all reports. I am surprised that they didn't consider Worsfold.
Worsfold would've been awesome. So long as he could somehow replicate his dryness in the show's format.

In terms of following the mould of Roos and Hird, Voss would be the logical choice. But he's the safe option. I think Dunstall will provide a bit more spark. That would however place him on 3 different shows. Maybe they'll can After the Bounce? Please?

Dunstall would provide some balls to the couch

For years it has been a show of ego stroking, in fear of saying a bad word against the gods of football
Voss won't change anything
They need someone unafraid to call a flog A flog

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't mind Dunstall but he's already host of a couple of shows and features prominently in pre-game build up discussions as well as match day telecasts. I'd like to see another credible name get the gig.

Robert Walls voice is being broadcast on the promo for this season? I know he was supposed to be retiring.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back