Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Tiger Titus

Team Captain
May 11, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Seeing some polarised opinions around here. I'm pretty skeptical about his long term future around the club, so I would venture a tentative "yes", but I'm interested in hearing some intelligent counter arguments.

I believe that:
- Post has no exceptional physical attributes (fellow whipping boys Rance and Gourdis could at least claim outstanding athleticism). No amazing speed, strength or skills.
- He does not own a position. Some of you think his flexibility is an asset but I think "utility" is just a euphemism for "depth player" or "list clogger".
- He is only 2 months younger than Rance despite being drafted a year later, and he is 6 months older than Vickery. I'm quite prepared to have egg on my face if he comes good now because it would be good for the club, but he is leaps and bounds behind our other young KPP's (Grimes is 18 months younger as well).

If you believe I'm wrong please give a reasoned explanation of the potential you see in this kid, because as it is I'm sick of seeing people scream that Miller should be dropped to keep him in this week (Goo must come in) just because of the age difference. Miller was shocking down back against the Swans, but as a forward I am convinced that he offers more than the "part timer" Post.

Re: Is Jayden Post a spud?

Not convinced he's going to be a huge part of our future but I'm not convinced that he won't be either. Don't like the thread.

havent seen anything amaizng from him yet, havent seen any consistency, havent seen any form.

In saying that, I still want to give him time. But think we really need to settle him in a single position for the time being. And if we call him up give him a string of games not just drop him a game later. Next year will he will break out or he'll be shown out.

Think he could be a Kepler or L.Brown type player. Will be heavily criticised early but will end up being in the best 22 and fairly important. A lot to work on but I'm confident he can make it as long as we continue to give him games.

Why is everybody potting Post's game? How many goals did he have kicked on him? How many turnovers did he have?

Why is everybody potting Post's game? How many goals did he have kicked on him? How many turnovers did he have?

Not potting Spluff. I just get a bit sick of folks around here ripping Miller when he plays his guts out, then holding this bloke up as the shining example that we should have in our team.

I want somebody to reasonably explain why Post deserves Miller's spot beyond Post is 21, Miller is 27.

All this is assuming Goo comes in (which I believe he must).

There was a time when a guy like Post would be automatic best 22, simply because there wasn't much else. Now with a forward line pecking order of Riewoldt, Vickery, Griffiths + Miller for the time being he can't find a spot up forward. With defenders like Rance, McGuane + Gourdis, Astbury, Grimes, Moore, Thursfield on the sidelines he's been pushed out in defence too.

This is good for the side. Depth means that whoever does make the best 22 is going to have to earn it. If Post is good enough to overtake the other KPPs, then good on him. If not then he won't get a game. The luxary of our improving side at the moment is we finally have some form of depth which means that guys are not automatically given games. Post is still young, let him fight it out with the other KPPs for a spot in the side, the best players will win. There is no massive need to make a huge amount of delistings and get rid of a 20 year old KPP. He's got another year or two atleast to show something.

Far too much of an early call here!

There were certainly some glimpses on Saturday evening which surprised me somewhat. A couple of them included ligtning handballs to our onballers from a congested back line.

Please remember, the verdict was out on Vickery this time last year, only to see him blossom,after given multiple opportunities to prove his worth.

These a pretty dumb threads. It's like someone calling your mum a sl*t. Completely over the top and pretty clueless comments :cool:

Seeing some polarised opinions around here. I'm pretty skeptical about his long term future around the club, so I would venture a tentative "yes", but I'm interested in hearing some intelligent counter arguments.

I believe that:
- Post has no exceptional physical attributes (fellow whipping boys Rance and Gourdis could at least claim outstanding athleticism). No amazing speed, strength or skills.
- He does not own a position. Some of you think his flexibility is an asset but I think "utility" is just a euphemism for "depth player" or "list clogger".
- He is only 2 months younger than Rance despite being drafted a year later, and he is 6 months older than Vickery. I'm quite prepared to have egg on my face if he comes good now because it would be good for the club, but he is leaps and bounds behind our other young KPP's (Grimes is 18 months younger as well).

If you believe I'm wrong please give a reasoned explanation of the potential you see in this kid, because as it is I'm sick of seeing people scream that Miller should be dropped to keep him in this week (Goo must come in) just because of the age difference. Miller was shocking down back against the Swans, but as a forward I am convinced that he offers more than the "part timer" Post.

Bit early to write him off i dont think weve seen him play with confidence so it is hard to judge him yet ,players develop at different rates thats afact it may b 2 years before he steps up .His biggest asset is he is a very strong contested mark and seems to hav some versitility wich miller has none of, so yes there is potential, read some of my other posts and you will know wer i stand on miller..

Re: Jayden Post - has he gone backwards?

The danger for Post is if other players overtake him. The competition for spots now with Grimes, Rance, Mcguane looking like cementing their positions and with Gourdis and Astbury also in the mix it will make it hard.

Moore was 24 before he hit is straps... KPP take longer. He has ability but it ill come down to attitude if he makes it. Needs to back himself more.

Think he will be ok. At worst I think he would be great for our list long term just as a depth player. I thought he was ok on Saturday night and there is no reason for him to be dropped.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kevin Sheedy used to say 50 afl games was an apprenticeship. What's he played 15? I don't see Coburg games and couldn't care less about what he does in those matches, it's what he does at the highest level that I worry about and he was ok on Saturday night.

No hes the future
Will be a player imo. sticky hands, smart disposal, just needs experience and confidence.

He just needs some continuity in the seniors and in the same position to allow him to grow some confidence.

The kid is dropped and chopped and changed and cant tell if he is coming or going, he has not been given the same opportunities as many other youngsters that's for sure.

way to early to call him a spud
at the same time his games to date have not been anything to hang his hat on.

if the goo has to come in then i think it will be at the expense of post not miller i dont think post has even dominated at vfl level yet.

He just needs some continuity in the seniors and in the same position to allow him to grow some confidence.

The kid is dropped and chopped and changed and cant tell if he is coming or going, he has not been given the same opportunities as many other youngsters that's for sure.

BINGO:thumbsu:
Give him a decent crack ffs.

Back