• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Unsure

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Jayden Post - has he gone backwards?

But Vickery is a dud.
So you keep telling us, hopefully he can turn it around with a bit more experience.

Can see this coming back to bite people on the arse like the Vickery/Rance is a dud threads.

I will happily suffer a wound on my backside if Richmond has another more than handy tall running around. I just don't feel it's likely.

If Post's form means he's demanding a spot in the 22 then it's good for the club, so I'm happy. That is not currently the case. He will get a few more games this year, so we'll see.

Can one of Post's supporters tell me how they'd like to see Post played (ie where he could showcase his strengths and downplay any weaknesses) because to my eyes he doesn't have a position that he looks comfortable in.

I don't see the Coburg games, has he looked settled in any position for them?

I will happily suffer a wound on my backside if Richmond has another more than handy tall running around. I just don't feel it's likely.

If Post's form means he's demanding a spot in the 22 then it's good for the club, so I'm happy. That is not currently the case. He will get a few more games this year, so we'll see.

Can one of Post's supporters tell me how they'd like to see Post played (ie where he could showcase his strengths and downplay any weaknesses) because to my eyes he doesn't have a position that he looks comfortable in.

I don't see the Coburg games, has he looked settled in any position for them?
Not exactly a Post fan but I can give you a bit of a heads up with Coburg. The 3 games I've watched he spends a fair bit of time filling holes where needed, i.e. he'll start up forward but get thrown down back when things go pear shaped only to be moved back again once the backline seems settled again.

To me it really looks like they are determined to make him into a swingman, who can be called upon week to week to fill a variety of roles. When you look at it a month ago he was brought in to fill Millers spot up forward, this week he comes in to give us cover as a 3rd tall.

This tread sounds like a Essendon supporter; we should be better than this. I dont remember Post getting to much of a go need to see at least half dozon games in a row?

Re: Is Jayden Post a spud?

WIL BE A STAR!!!!!...If given the chance to develope at the top level. He is a natural defender should be played there for numerous consecutive games.

By no means is our best 22 to take us forward been settled. When it is, Post will be part of it.

Miller can play in the forward line for all i care he is there as a foil for others and has been doing that.

Sat behind the bench on the wknd and he looked very unfit. Also looked like he had no confidence I'm his body when he did the mandatory walk along the boundry line with the Tigers physio.

Perfect case of wait and see till he gets to 60-80 games ol Posty. He could really tear it up if it just clicks mentally for him. He has the rig not sure about the fitness and smarts at the moment.

I've Seen enough to know that he deserves another 2 years. We have way bigger spuds than him to discuss.

Love watching him .

Not exactly a Post fan but I can give you a bit of a heads up with Coburg. The 3 games I've watched he spends a fair bit of time filling holes where needed, i.e. he'll start up forward but get thrown down back when things go pear shaped only to be moved back again once the backline seems settled again.

To me it really looks like they are determined to make him into a swingman, who can be called upon week to week to fill a variety of roles. When you look at it a month ago he was brought in to fill Millers spot up forward, this week he comes in to give us cover as a 3rd tall.

Thanks for the info RT.

Do you think being used as a swingman is working to his detriment? Rance, Grimes, and Astbury when playing have all been given more concrete roles and they seem to have responded fairly well (some better than others obviously).

He just needs some continuity in the seniors and in the same position to allow him to grow some confidence.

The kid is dropped and chopped and changed and cant tell if he is coming or going, he has not been given the same opportunities as many other youngsters that's for sure.

BINGO:thumbsu:
Give him a decent crack ffs.

From memory, he came in against the Dons when Miller was out with a virus. I'd assume he was probably told then that it was most likely only a one week stint.

This time he has come in for a long-term injury in Astbury, so I am guessing he will be given a decent crack. That has generally been the way of Hardwick during his tenure (apart from Tuck).

Think he could be a Kepler or L.Brown type player. Will be heavily criticised early but will end up being in the best 22 and fairly important. A lot to work on but I'm confident he can make it as long as we continue to give him games.
That role is where Post will make or break his AFL career. Hardwick said as much in the pre-match presser, something along the lines of Post's ability to go into the ruck 'has added to his value for us' (i.e. it's why he's getting a game).

I want somebody to reasonably explain why Post deserves Miller's spot beyond Post is 21, Miller is 27.
Because Post is a much better option as a backup ruck and is a chance of being around in five years. But I don't think they're competing for a spot anyway. Griffiths will take Miller's spot, and second ruck is there for Post to make his own.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tugga was pointing out that Vicks was canned not to long ago and look what happened to him:thumbsu: Drawing parallels between Posty and Vicks is a compliment.

Haha whoops... Lucky!!!!! Guess I should read the whole thread before firing up.:p
It's just really disheartening hearing what some people have to say.

That role is where Post will make or break his AFL career. Hardwick said as much in the pre-match presser, something along the lines of Post's ability to go into the ruck 'has added to his value for us' (i.e. it's why he's getting a game).

Because Post is a much better option as a backup ruck and is a chance of being around in five years. But I don't think they're competing for a spot anyway. Griffiths will take Miller's spot, and second ruck is there for Post to make his own.[/quote]

Agree. He will beef up and hopefully keep some spring. Blokes like Minson and Gardiner are on the way out. When not rucking he'll be handy to throw forward instead of benching, especially with limited interchanges! Time on his side.

Haha whoops... Lucky!!!!! Guess I should read the whole thread before firing up.:p

In all fairness the opinions on Vickery are a bit of an in joke here, considering even early this year people were writing him off... no reason for you to know that.:)

Don't let it you get you down Coasty :)

Eventually our supporters will learn to give young talls time to develop. Most of us had hoped that Vickery's sudden jump in status might be a wake up call.

Only if you expect players to come in at a certain ability and improve exactly linearly from there to their 'ceiling'. Rarely happens. On a bit of a down right now partially due to being shuffled around and probably a little bit behind where you'd want, but nothing to be worried about whatsoever.
Has ability & very good mitts. Some little gaps here & there.
Often they do nothing for 2 years then, suddenly, click. Talls are very, very hard to judge. Plenty of examples there.

Don't let it you get you down Coasty :)

Eventually our supporters will learn to give young talls time to develop. Most of us had hoped that Vickery's sudden jump in status might be a wake up call.

It's OK... I know Richmond supporters are the duds anyway:D

It's OK... I know Richmond supporters are the duds anyway:D

Someone red card this clown, who does she think she is ;)

P.s. As the doggies head South on the ladder shall we expect you to join us duds soon :p

Back