• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Unsure

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Jayden Post - has he gone backwards?

Lol want one on the chin mate?

"Location: Geelong"

Must be one of the more civilised types from down that way...She warned first.

And IIRC, it's sister....

As for Jayden...He's big, strong and has a great pair of mitts, but this year his workrate does seem to be down. I'd guess he's either having an attitude problem or is a bit confused about his role from getting swung from one end to the other regularly. Also having a game based around size/strength surely takes a while to evolve.

Hopefully he gets the confidence/attitude right in the second half of the year and makes a few here regret their comments.

"Location: Geelong"

Must be one of the more civilised types from down that way...She warned first.

And IIRC, it's sister....

As for Jayden...He's big, strong and has a great pair of mitts, but this year his workrate does seem to be down. I'd guess he's either having an attitude problem or is a bit confused about his role from getting swung from one end to the other regularly. Also having a game based around size/strength surely takes a while to evolve.

Hopefully he gets the confidence/attitude right in the second half of the year and makes a few here regret their comments.

Haha not a Geelong native, obviously!
I'd just like to point out I was sticking up for Vickery and not Jayden, so all this being related bizzo is irrelevant anyway!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Post has size, skill and good mobility. Doesn't look like a mupet out there. But isn't making big strides. Give him time and role and I suspect he will be good value. I'd like them to play him as a running utility, more midfielder than anything. Pich hit as a KP and ruck. If he can be a B grade mid his size, hands and mobility will make him a very useful player. He's behind others in the pure KPF/KPB stakes. Too much talent to lose, but he has to step up to make it.

OK you got me.

Jayden will be a gun, no doubt in my mind.

I've watched the Brisbane game a number of times and everything he did turned positive so im not sure why this thread was started after that game. He was playing a stopping role, and he did his job.

He just seems to be a little down on confidence, like Vickery was. I hope dimma gives him a chance to prove all you clowns wrong. IMO he should play the rest of the year.

I watch him very closely, went to the same school and is one of my good friends little brothers friends.

Im friends with you on facebook C2CP, i wonder if you know who i am :)

Jayden will be a gun, no doubt in my mind.

I've watched the Brisbane game a number of times and everything he did turned positive so im not sure why this thread was started after that game. He was playing a stopping role, and he did his job.

He just seems to be a little down on confidence, like Vickery was. I hope dimma gives him a chance to prove all you clowns wrong. IMO he should play the rest of the year.

I watch him very closely, went to the same school and is one of my good friends little brothers friends.

Im friends with you on facebook C2CP, i wonder if you know who i am :)

I missed the Brisbane game :(
Had a work function and thought I recorded it on Foxtel!
No idea who you are sorry!:confused:

Post has size, skill and good mobility. Doesn't look like a mupet out there. But isn't making big strides. Give him time and role and I suspect he will be good value. I'd like them to play him as a running utility, more midfielder than anything. Pich hit as a KP and ruck. If he can be a B grade mid his size, hands and mobility will make him a very useful player. He's behind others in the pure KPF/KPB stakes. Too much talent to lose, but he has to step up to make it.

:thumbsu:

Good post (no pun intended).

I instigated this thread because I didn't see Post fitting comfortably into our current team (too far down the KPP pecking order at both ends) and I wanted to hear from some of the believers where they thought he should be played. I did a bit of digging to find some of his state screening results (he missed the AIS Draft camp that year), he ran a 3.02 20m sprint and scored 14.1 in the beep test. Sounds like he has the legs to play as a tall midfielder.

Interesting stuff.....

Bad thread. He's still too young to tell. Needed more options in the poll.

Want to see him decimate at Coburg for a while longer.

There are times i think trade him while he has value, but then i think to the Hawthorn reserves teams of the 80's, and i think that the answer lies in there somewhere. I think in 1983 the Hawthorn reserves team consisted of some names you may have heard of - Dippa, Buckenara, Curren, Morrison - a heap of others. Those guys took out flags in the two's before they dominated the next decade in the seniors. I think i may have to change my tune for a year or two and say keep him. (i feel kind of dirty now)!!!

There are times i think trade him while he has value, but then i think to the Hawthorn reserves teams of the 80's, and i think that the answer lies in there somewhere. I think in 1983 the Hawthorn reserves team consisted of some names you may have heard of - Dippa, Buckenara, Curren, Morrison - a heap of others. Those guys took out flags in the two's before they dominated the next decade in the seniors. I think i may have to change my tune for a year or two and say keep him. (i feel kind of dirty now)!!!
Very good post. Posty/Astbury/Goo should be given time and opportunity. There is often a knee-jerk reaction to trade/cut players on the cusp of making the seniors yet it is their quality and competition that is propelling the seniors forward. I would add White/Nason/Webberley/Hislop to that scenario as well.

I was a massive fan before he got drafted, and gee I hope he makes it. I reckon all he needs is some confidence. Believe Jayden, believe!!!! Before it's too late.

His bread and butter is his strong hands - few better marks going around than him. Hopefully they can find a role where he can use it.

Do the Tigers persist? Yeah, I think they should for another year.

Back