Jeopardy style quiz.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who was the first overseas player to play county cricket for Yorkshire?
Have one of these sir.
cigar.jpg

He was the first non-Yorkshire born player to represent the county.

Well, seeing as I guessed it so quickly, and without wanting to hold up the thread, here's the first answer that's come into my head:

Gary Gilmour and Joel Garner

Hope the answer isn't too obscure. Gilmour did it first, then Garner, and no bowler has done it since, though Shane Warne came close in 1999.

Well, seeing as I guessed it so quickly, and without wanting to hold up the thread, here's the first answer that's come into my head:

Who are the men that 96% of the countries women wanted to mercilessly bang in 1979

5 for's in World Cup finals? I'm pretty sure that one has been brought up before in other cricket trivia threads

It's been more than 48 hours since our last answer, so I'm hogging the limelight. Here's one I suspect will stump a few. The answer is Bill Johnston (102).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's been more than 48 hours since our last answer, so I'm hogging the limelight. Here's one I suspect will stump a few. The answer is Bill Johnston (102).
What is the most innings without getting bowled?

Who led the f-c batting averages on the 48 tour of England?

I think you'll find Johnston led the batting averages on the 1953 tour, but you're actually in the right area with 1948.

This member of The Invincibles took the most amount of First Class wickets on the famous 1948 tour?

I'll take The MCG for $600 please Alex.

A. 268

The previous two questions are close enough. The question was intended to be "Who was the last Australian to take 100 wickets on a tour of England?"
I was thinking Johnston's 1953 batting average would trick a few people.

Last edited:
I see I have received a like in reference to Yallop but I still can't figure out the question.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back