Joe Hockey's Fury

Remove this Banner Ad

Am reliably informed that SMH misquoted Joe. It should have been:

"I went to put the two pizzas together and the owner of the pizza shop came out and said 'I'm sorry Mr Hockey, you're not allowed to do that, the council regulation prevents grumpy, fat bastards putting two pizzas together'."

and finally monseaur a wafer thin mint.

The old charmer that Vat 69 swiller can dooooo was all gung ho about red tape after his local kebab shop complained it had to cook the meat at a certain temperature. He reckoned he was going to get rid of that bit of red tape until one kindly soul asked what he would if there was a salmonella out break.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Joe appears a little unsettled these days. Wouldn't be a consequence of the resentment he's copping over a budget that is a crock, the introduction of a series of taxes they promised never to inflict on us, and the sneaky manner in which they are to be inflicted, would it?

That, and the fact that he comes across as a complete douche, and has single-handedly and personally acted his way out of the PMship which he covetted.

Years ago on here, and under a different account, I recalled a story of seeing him at Broome airport and acting like an utter twat. Nothing's changed.

Poor guy.:(:rolleyes:

Which council bylaw exactly was this referring to?

I think Joe may be talking a little s**t.

I mean, is he actually trying to say there's a council regulation against pulling two dining tables together? ICB.

Probably against putting two tables together and blocking the sidewalk.

I don't know why Hockey thinks that he is on to a winner with this one. It's obvious why Howard thought he was a spud and kept him on the outer ministry. It is a tragedy for both the Liberal party and the country that eventually Howard had to promote him to keep the moderates happy.

As the Treasurer Hockey needs to explain how not being able to take over an eating area is a horrific example of red tape that will limit economic growth, enough for him to start placing abusive phone calls. He should be prompted for statistics that demonstrate the level of impact.

As a Gen Y voter I'd like this fat s**t to explain why not being able to inhale pizzas in the seating configuration of his choice warrants reaching for the phone and turning the air blue, and why watching the boomers scale the ladder of prosperity (primarily through the government's policies inflating the price of housing) only to turn around and retract it for all of those who came after them doesn't prompt a temper tantrum.

"Let them eat pizza"

"I went to put the two tables together and the owner of the pizza shop came out and said 'I'm sorry Mr Hockey, you're not allowed to do that, the council regulation prevents you putting the two tables together'."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/business/red-tape-ruins-joe-hockeys-pizza-20141029-11djt4.html#ixzz3HWqHYDpx

Notice he didn't ask permission the first time, fair enough maybe he just thought it was no big deal to * with someone's business. Plus he was outside maybe there was nobody around to ask.

"There were eight of us, so I went inside to get another chair and they said, 'Sorry Mr Hockey, they've said you can only have seven chairs [outside], not eight'."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/business/red-tape-ruins-joe-hockeys-pizza-20141029-11djt4.html#ixzz3HWqbD2VD

Second time he marches inside and just takes a chair (odds are someone was sitting on it, someone with cancer probably) and they tell him "you can only have seven chairs, not eight" noticing there were 8 members of the group. The staff are clearly saying to him "The other 7 members of your party can stay, but we work in hospitality and you can * right off" under their internal "no dickheads" policy.