News John Barker - set to remain at Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Only 1 presser from Barker and I already feel like our club is being better represented. Just highlights how draining and depressing Mick's pressers were.
Just imagine the players.
Yeah this.

No matter what faults he may or may not have, I think we can relax in the knowledge Barks won't be playing any games with anyone and be easier to get along with.

It's way too far out to be discussing draft picks at the moment. Aim is to still win as many games as we can, situation would be different if it was round 18 and we were on the bottom though.
It shouldn't be different. Should be aiming to win where ever we are.

Who's Nellie?

rapper-nelly-mit-luxus-spange-600x900-1277667.jpg

We may dislike Barker, we may accuse him of being a poor coach but the one thing he has always had going for him is the right attitude - laid back with a passion for the game that you can tell is worn wholeheartedly on the sleeve. Hopefully even if we don't win many games the rest of the way and he is let go at the end of it those endearing qualities rub off onto the younger players because that can be the catalyst to realizing their potential in the future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And if we really are that bad then cool beans, but to go out and consciously choose our 'worst' team and intentionally lose is not my idea of a good time...regardless of the end result at the draft table.
Have you seen our line up? We are well set up to lose unintentionally, don't worry. Only the Suns have anything to fear from us, and if Ablett is back by then, they will be sleeping soundly as bubs.

what's a good result for Barker by year's end?

Coaching the team to a.....erm.........mmmmm.......you know one of those things........when your not losing.......ahh yes a win. That would be a great result and on a Friday night so it doesn't * up my weekend, tonight's ok as my weekend is fairly screwed anyway.

admittedly he has only been in the job for a couple of days... after being the assistant coach there since 2011... and we look a whole 1% better already.

Lets keep him... the miraculous changes he has made in this match are stupendous... Hendo back... for 5 minutes... brilliant... and and...

Did I manage to keep a straight face when I said that

admittedly he has only been in the job for a couple of days... after being the assistant coach there since 2011... and we look a whole 1% better already.

Lets keep him... the miraculous changes he has made in this match are stupendous... Hendo back... for 5 minutes... brilliant... and and...

Does he owe you money, or ****ed your dog?

Stop being a knob. Weve matched last weeks tackle count in a half of footy. Were winning the clearances.

They've had almost double the frees.

All this without arguably our top 3 midfielders.

Stop being a knob. Weve matched last weeks tackle count in a half of footy. Were winning the clearances.

They've had almost double the frees.

All this without arguably our top 3 midfielders.
Woods is the #1 ruckman for taps to advantage in the league... we are right up there in the league for clearances.

So... ummm rattling out the clearances stat is superfluous really.

Woods is the #1 ruckman for taps to advantage in the league... we are right up there in the league for clearances.

So... ummm rattling out the clearances stat is superfluous really.
Were you seriously expecting wholesale changes to gameplan off a 3 day turnaround?

If so, you're clueless. If not, you're trolling.

Were you seriously expecting wholesale changes to gameplan off a 3 day turnaround?

If so, you're clueless. If not, you're trolling.
The guy has aspirations to be a head coach plus he has been involved with the playing group since 2011. Which means that he should have a clue on what to do. All he has to do is tell the players that they need to look to play on through the corridor. How hard is that really.

He said that we should be playing through the corridor in an interview a couple of weeks back. You would think that he had a plan similar to Ratts the way he was talking!

The guy has aspirations to be a head coach plus he has been involved with the playing group since 2011. Which means that he should have a clue on what to do. All he has to do is tell the players that they need to look to play on through the corridor. How hard is that really.

He said that we should be playing through the corridor in an interview a couple of weeks back. You would think that he had a plan similar to Ratts the way he was talking!
And any good coach also knows that 80% of match planning and strategy is done in the preseason. These players would have structures they know, and thats not able to be changed in 3 days. It has to be a gradual shift, which i expect to see over the next 14 weeks.

Last year we lost to Sydney in round 17 by 71 points....our two best players were Gibbs and Murphy according to the match report. A team without those two lost by less tonight. I saw more effort tonight than any game so far this season (including our win over st kilda).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back