Other Johnny Manziel - Outlaw Bloodlines ©

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm only speaking for Boise State here, but bullshit.
Unless High schools add 4 inches, your claim is ludicrous. 95% of freshman we recruit measure in 1-2 inches and 10-15 pounds less than what the high schools report them as.
Those in the know in the States point out that High schools measure with boots, helmet and pads on, while Boise State measure as they do at the NFL combine.

Do you want to do that this coming season?
We'll check who goes to the combine, accumulate the stats colleges give them, then compare them to what the NFL gives them?

surely its on the internet already somewhere

surely its on the internet already somewhere
That's your quest
It's too late to do it manually now as most rosters will be updated so wont have college measurable that we're looking for.

I meant cleats and lids in high school.
Boise State players always end up slightly lower as freshman.
And he wasn't 6'0'' flat at the Combine, he came in at 6 feet and 0.25 inches.

Just started checking through this years recruits to Boise State. 6 of the 8 I checked lost 1 inch.

Report: NCAA grills Manziel on autographs

manziel1.jpg

Johnny Football’s ability to play the game for which he’s nicknamed may have hinged on the outcome of a lengthy Sunday sit-down with the NCAA.

According to Travis Haney of ESPN, NCAA investigators devoted a “large chunk” of Sunday meeting with Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel regarding allegations that he signed autographs for money.

The session reportedly lasted nearly six hours.

(Yes, we know it’s not a pro football issue. But since Manziel undoubtedly will be in the next pro football draft, his ability to play college football this year could be slightly relevant to his pro football draft stock.)

ESPN previously has reported that Manziel accepted payment for signing more than 4,000 autographs. Texas A&M Chancellor John Sharp, who has said players should be able to get paid for signing autographs, has insisted without specifics that Manziel didn’t do it.

It may not matter, if the NCAA opts to pursue Manziel under bylaw 12.5.2.2, which compels student-athletes to take steps to prevent the sale of items bearing their names or likenesses.

While on its face the rule creates a potentially unreasonable burden for a kid who may not have the resources or the ability to send out cease-and-desist letters or file lawsuits, Manziel knew or should have known when repeatedly signing his name for one person that the one person for whom Manziel was signing simply didn’t want to have the world’s biggest personal collection of Johnny Football memorabilia.

And so while 12.5.2.2 is more than a little vague and broad when applied generally, it could be the thing that allows the NCAA to specifically nail Manziel.

And by nailing Manziel, we mean slapping him on the wrist or at worst suspending him for two games so he’ll be back for the Alabama game on September 14.

Suspended for a half against Rice?

Yeah NCAA you're legit scary,
bloody muppets, ban him or don't, don't go half arsed

johnny coming out by the skin of his teeth with the upmost swagger, like usual

Suspended for a half against Rice?

Yeah NCAA you're legit scary,
bloody muppets, ban him or don't, don't go half arsed

johnny coming out by the skin of his teeth with the upmost swagger, like usual

The NCAA didn't have the evidence to get him for any longer than that, so they settled fora secondary violation (Self-advertising rather than accepting dosh).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

not to seem ignorant, but what are they doing in miami?

you havent been following College Football long have you?

its a long story [Was huge in 2011 just before the season and it showed on the field it the players at the start of the season] with things from boosters to other things involving players including getting money. and some players got suspended for the start of the 2011 season and the U have had self imposed Bowl Bans since, and the NCAA is still interrogative it more than 2 years later. there is also said to be a lot of stuff thats not been told to the media from self reporting.

there are a lot of things in the story and a lot of crap thats also lies. the NCAA still hasnt given the school a formal punishment. and they have let Auburn, Oregon, Ohio State and others skate with soft penalties.

Half a game is just taking the piss though.

Mariota for Heisman
It was pretty much pick your own punishment for A&M. If they tried pushing a harsher penalty it would have been chopped to bits by Manziel, and he would have walked away a clean winner in the end.

As menial as it is, it's something. And it is as menial as it gets...

He asked, no need to be a smart arse about it.

its a long story [Was huge in 2011 just before the season and it showed on the field it the players at the start of the season] with things from boosters to other things involving players including getting money. and some players got suspended for the start of the 2011 season and the U have had self imposed Bowl Bans since, and the NCAA is still interrogative it more than 2 years later. there is also said to be a lot of stuff thats not been told to the media from self reporting.

there are a lot of things in the story and a lot of crap thats also lies. the NCAA still hasnt given the school a formal punishment. and they have let Auburn, Oregon, Ohio State and others skate with soft penalties.

i don't really watch it, have had no opportunity yet, starting to get into it just this year (have been a fan of nfl for 6/7 years) i still don't have a team it just doesn't feel right because most people follow their alma marta, i go to Notre Dame over here in perth, but i feel its cheating to be a fighting irish fan straight out of the gates.

I'm just gravitating towards the bigger names (fanboi i know)

back on subject, its not even a half of importance, its against Rice, would be a different story if it was a half against roll tide or a bowl game

Mate he is pretty good

............he can also play football

Eyes too far apart
Joker-esque smile
Tooth poorly proportioned
Alar's are overty separated from the natural fall of the upper nose

wouldnotbang, 4/10.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back