Other Johnny Manziel - Outlaw Bloodlines ©

Remove this Banner Ad

Lmao

These here are dark times indeed. What will you do without him?

#winning ?

btw: Is that Hue Jackson blowing that trumpet?

I think it was indeed---spectacular eye.

Naaw..the analytics gang has us embarking on a 5 year mission to explore strange new worlds and seek out new life and new civilization.

More like #it's a process

This bloke has serious issues honestly.. I just don't understand how he can * up over and over again, I mean they're not massive crimes but still what the *. Worried for him if no other team picks him up.

This bloke has serious issues honestly.. I just don't understand how he can **** up over and over again, I mean they're not massive crimes but still what the ****. Worried for him if no other team picks him up.

He's just a delinquent. Immaturity stages still.

Apparently Manziel can't be cut until the new league year, here's why....

TomPelissero
Like other teams #Browns rolled over unused cap space (~$20.7M) day after season ended. So Manziel cut & $4.33M cap hit can't occur til 3/9.

just the whole performance at the draft is atrocious. Eg picking Gilbert ahead of Beckham Jnr or Allen Robinson Oh hell that hurts to type that.
I am sure you can do that for all 32 teams tho. In hindsight, looking at all the busts they drafted instead of the stud who went soon after their pick.
I just think more importantly the Browns have messed up like no other organization the QB position.

I am sure you can do that for all 32 teams tho. In hindsight, looking at all the busts they drafted instead of the stud who went soon after their pick.
I just think more importantly the Browns have messed up like no other organization the QB position.

I think people overlook how difficult it is to draft and successfully develop a franchise quarterback. The Browns have definitely been in QB purgatory in recent years (19 different starting QBs since 2004), but you could say similar things about the Vikings for example (13 different starting QBs since 2004). Teams like the Patriots, Colts, and Packers are the exceptions to the rule, but generally speaking their is little supply and a high degree of risk associated with drafting a quarterback.

The good news for the Browns is they look like getting either 1st or 2nd dibs on selecting a QB of their choice this year. I don't know if they're going to take Goff, Wentz or Lynch, but I'm pretty sure it'll be one of those three, and good luck to them because a genuine franchise QB is the one thing that gives the fans immediate hope.

I think people overlook how difficult it is to draft and successfully develop a franchise quarterback. The Browns have definitely been in QB purgatory in recent years (19 different starting QBs since 2004), but you could say similar things about the Vikings for example (13 different starting QBs since 2004). Teams like the Patriots, Colts, and Packers are the exceptions to the rule, but generally speaking their is little supply and a high degree of risk associated with drafting a quarterback.

The good news for the Browns is they look like getting either 1st or 2nd dibs on selecting a QB of their choice this year. I don't know if they're going to take Goff, Wentz or Lynch, but I'm pretty sure it'll be one of those three, and good luck to them because a genuine franchise QB is the one thing that gives the fans immediate hope.

Browns bring about their own demise on my occasions though. Sure, Julio Jones isnt a QB but they traded out of that pick to gain more draft picks that turned into nothing, they also then hit the jackpot when they got a first rounder for Richardson yet amazingly even failed to turn that into a win by drafting Manziel.

The analytics gang (aka AmericanCrow favourites!!) ,they love having a whole heap of picks, but having more picks than everyone else still means * all in the end if you dont know what youre doing when it is your turn to pick.

If i was a Browns fan and they decided to trade back again this year? Put me on suicide watch please. They wouldnt know 'value' if it smacked them in the face.

A quality GM is what they need before anything else. The road to nowhere will continue without one.

Last edited:
This is just sickening to watch when you consider the last 4 years havent even been added to the tale of woe below yet:

God bless you, AmericanCrow and fellow Brownies, you deserve some luck. :thumbsu:

Browns bring about their own demise on my occasions though. Sure, Julio Jones isnt a QB but they traded out of that pick to gain more draft picks that turned into nothing, they also then hit the jackpot when they got a first rounder for Richardson yet amazingly even failed to turn that into a win by drafting Manziel.

The analytics gang (aka AmericanCrow favourites!!) ,they love having a whole heap of picks, but having more picks than everyone else still means **** all in the end if you dont know what youre doing when it is your turn to pick.

If i was a Browns fan and they decided to trade back again this year? Put me on suicide watch please. They wouldnt know 'value' if it smacked them in the face.

A quality GM is what they need before anything else. The road to nowhere will continue without one.

My attitude with the analytics guys is why not at this point? Not like the old regimes had any idea what they were doing. I will be very interested over the next few years to watch what the Browns do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My attitude with the analytics guys is why not at this point? Not like the old regimes had any idea what they were doing. I will be very interested over the next few years to watch what the Browns do.

This is true, it cant be any worse. Still doesnt mean it will be any better. :D

The analytics gang (aka AmericanCrow favourites!!) ,they love having a whole heap of picks, but having more picks than everyone else still means **** all in the end if you dont know what youre doing when it is your turn to pick.

Anyone into analytics will know that drafting a QB outside the top half of the 1st round is fraught with danger, particularly if you want them to start immediately. (17 of the 32 NFL teams #1 QBs were drafted in the 1st 16 picks of the draft, with another 4 being drafted in the 2nd half of the 1st round)

Anyone into analytics will know that drafting a QB outside the top half of the 1st round is fraught with danger, particularly if you want them to start immediately. (17 of the 32 NFL teams #1 QBs were drafted in the 1st 16 picks of the draft, with another 4 being drafted in the 2nd half of the 1st round)

Completely agree....so..... what do you do if you dont have a QB and no QB in this draft is 'worth' pick #2 or even worthy of a top 15 pick according to the analytics gang?

This is where the fun of being a Brown begins... :)

Last edited:

Could not agree more

The issue has consistently been placing people in positions that they have zero business being in.

It is not nearly as difficult as the organization makes it out to be to turn it around.

They now have placed a guy in charge of football operations whose only reason for being there is that he is best mates with Alec Scheiner.

They then brought in another Scheiner mate in Paul Depodesta who, by his own admission, has " a lot to learn" about the NFL.

On top of that they bring in a player personnel guy who has scouted exactly as many college games as GG.exe. He now is in charge of leading the scouting department.

I would feel better if GG.exe was.

It isn't difficult to see how this plays out. There is NO way they pick at #2 because they have no earthly clue what the hell they are doing.

Instead they will trade down and accumulate future picks. Why? Because they can hide behind analytics and "value". If they had to evaluate and pick a player at 2 they would be exposed.

Bet the house they trade down.

But that's more reflective of the value of the position itself. How many QBs drafted in that part of the draft end up busting?

In Newton's draft year alone there were 4 QBs in the first round and he's the only one who delivered. RG3 and Weeden the next year (Luck has delivered and Tannehill is currently average). Manuel was the only 1st round QB his year and he's behind Tyrod Taylor. Bradford and Tebow the only two in their year.

Unfortunately watched Draft Day again last week...Browns really need Kevin Costner back at GM. That trade..wow, what was it...a reverse super trade..brilliant.

I really dont understand how one man can f@#$ up so many times. Once or twice yeah, but this is a joke. Any normal person after being told to pull their head in by the boss would have done after the second time.

He has to be doing it on purpose to make sure he gets out of cleveland. Its the only logical explanation

I really dont understand how one man can f@#$ up so many times. Once or twice yeah, but this is a joke. Any normal person after being told to pull their head in by the boss would have done after the second time.

He has to be doing it on purpose to make sure he gets out of cleveland. Its the only logical explanation

I don't think so. I think he has some serious big time addiction issues.

Logically it makes no sense to destroy your own reputation to "get out" of Cleveland. No agent would advise that tactic. You want out--we just had a coaching change--demand out. Lots of players do that--nobody in NFL would bat an eye.

Not buying the "its an act" theory. Not at all.

Completely agree....so..... what do you do if you dont have a QB and no QB in this draft is 'worth' pick #2 or even worthy of a top 15 pick according to the analytics gang?

This is where the fun of being a Brown begins... :)
I don't think the Browns have any other option other than taking a QB at #2. Goff/Lynch/Wentz - take your pick
But that's more reflective of the value of the position itself. How many QBs drafted in that part of the draft end up busting?

In Newton's draft year alone there were 4 QBs in the first round and he's the only one who delivered. RG3 and Weeden the next year (Luck has delivered and Tannehill is currently average). Manuel was the only 1st round QB his year and he's behind Tyrod Taylor. Bradford and Tebow the only two in their year.
I understand what you're saying, but every year there's about a dozen QBs drafted. Of that crop usually between 1 and 3 of them become legitimate starters. The success rate with QBs drafted lower in the draft is abysmal - have a read of https://www.numberfire.com/nfl/news...l-quarterbacks-drafted-after-the-first-round# and you'll see what I mean.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back