News JOM offered a week

Remove this Banner Ad

absolute ******* joke

I can't find anything wrong with what our Lawyer said. Literally look through the thread and anyone would think we have a strong case. There's nothing more that could've been said to get away with it.
I assume you are joking but late to the party.

The third rule of a driving action wasn’t JOM’s issue. He tried to bring him to ground vertically as much as possible. Point 1 & 3 are perfect tackle technique, the spin action was probably on JOM but it’s tough to get 100% right.

Our lawyer only argued the force, not point 3 & precedent what I could see.

I assume you are joking but late to the party.

The third rule of a driving action wasn’t JOM’s issue. He tried to bring him to ground vertically as much as possible. Point 1 & 3 are perfect tackle technique, the spin action was probably on JOM but it’s tough to get 100% right.

Our lawyer only argued the force, not point 3 & precedent what I could see.
I'm pretty sure everything was touched on by the Lawyer. Read the full thread and let me know what point he didn't cover because from what I can see point 1 was argued, that he deliberately only pinned one arm to reduce the risk, point 2 was argued that he pulled in a straight motion and most of the rotation was caused by spargo before the tackle, and idk wtf point 3 is. Also went through several similar tackles that had been graded low impact that were considerably worse than JOM's one.

I'm pretty sure everything was touched on by the Lawyer. Read the full thread and let me know what point he didn't cover because from what I can see point 1 was argued, that he deliberately only pinned one arm to reduce the risk, point 2 was argued that he pulled in a straight motion and most of the rotation was caused by spargo before the tackle, and idk wtf point 3 is. Also went through several similar tackles that had been graded low impact that were considerably worse than JOM's one.
No worries, I was just going off the random tweets listed in this thread. I’m back on Carlton paper bags and VIC Bias the real cause.

For what it’s worth I think the tribunal made the right decision

Arm was pinned and he was thrown to the ground, it looks like spargo may have contributed to it - but you can’t prove that so jaeger might be hard done by. That is on spargo, not the tribunal.

We need to protect the head.

I think it gives Erasmus a game and that is a good thing

Arm was pinned and he was thrown to the ground, it looks like spargo may have contributed to it - but you can’t prove that so jaeger might be hard done by. That is on spargo, not the tribunal.

It's not about the decision, it's about the consistency. Laird was almost identical, got off. Cerra was much worse, and got off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not about the decision, it's about the consistency. Laird was almost identical, got off. Cerra was much worse, and got off.
👆

If the others were suspended, pretty sure we’d all cop it.

On the bright side a good chance for jaeger to give the knees a two week freshen up and get Fyfe some minutes in the guts

Last edited:
Guidelines say you can but I guess tribunal doesn't like being told what to do.View attachment 1701739

Sorry, my intention was to suggest a reality where if the MRO says it's low impact and not warranting a suspension then it's low impact but the tribunal will always use their potential to cause harm rule to upgrade force to medium when it's in their temple.

absolute ******* joke

Every single one of those points is actually wrong. That argument would crumble in a proper deliberation.

Left arm was actually free when the tackle started. Tackle did not produce rotational or driving force. That was Spargo who produced that.

Wish the club would come out and just blast this decision (and others) publically. Stop being so weak. We are always seen as an easy and irrelevant target.

Agree. My only problem is that the ability to distinguish this from, say the Cerra tackle, is based on nothing but pseudoscience.

It's the 2020s. It's not what you did. It's what we decided you were trying to do and how it had the potential to hurt someone, and wanted to shut it down so people thought highly of us taking a (subjective) moral stand (as long as it doesn't affect us or our team). lol #bringinras

Can you imagine if someone was ineligible for the Brownlow for something similar. Would be a ****en travesty
It did.

We should have a triple Brownlow winner former skipper.

Was watching a replay of the game and 4:26 to go in the 2nd quarter ... JOM tackles Sparrow and it is almost an identical action. The only difference here is Sparrow gets rid of the ball and doesn't flop like Spargo. To repeat what Spargo did, he just has to hold the ball, fling his lower right leg up and dive towards Grundy. Clear evidence of JOM's tackling technique. Not sure if this could/would have been used in the defence.

1685589950541.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back