Past Jonathan Brown #1 (1999-2014)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Jonathan Brown #2

Oh my gosh Browny was sooo funny!!! Loved him singing Sweet Caroline!!! Jamie Charman was funny too! "Tell me what u want what u really, really want" ... classic :) !

He mentioned that Fev goes round to his place for a couple of drinks and karaoke.

We've now seen footage of both Jonathan "Sweet Caroline" Brown and Brendan "Hey baby ooh ahh" Fevola in action. Fair to say they are both below par. Got to feel for Kylie having to put up with them both singing at once, let alone trying to get a baby to go to sleep.

I hope we never get sponsored by Playstation, they'll end up doing an ad for Singstar and that just won't end well.

OMG!:D....seriously, I am in love!!!..I've got tears rolling down my face from laughing so much..

Our Captain is a star of the highest quality!

Thankyou so much for that.........absolutely priceless!:thumbsu:
Maybe its a girl thing, but so have I MacMum. How gorgeous was that? We have the best captain!

He mentioned that Fev goes round to his place for a couple of drinks and karaoke.

We've now seen footage of both Jonathan "Sweet Caroline" Brown and Brendan "Hey baby ooh ahh" Fevola in action. Fair to say they are both below par. Got to feel for Kylie having to put up with them both singing at once, let alone trying to get a baby to go to sleep.

Wonder what the neighbours think?:D

Big talent adds up to big dollars
  • Mark Robinson
  • March 20, 2010 12:00AM
THE big men with the big hearts who take big marks and kick big goals are still the biggest earners in the game. And rightly so. While it's understood Carlton's Chris Judd shared top billing with St Kilda goliath Nick Riewoldt, five of the seven highest-paid players in the competition last year were either power forwards or ruckmen. Both Judd and Brown took pay cuts in 2009, Judd, for whatever reason, and Brown because his 2008 salary was heavily back-ended which meant his 2009 salary returned to a realistic figure.

brownf.jpg

Herald Sun: Lions Preview

The linchpin

Jonathan Brown is the key. The Lions’ depth has increased dramatically in the past two years but the men who will win them a premiership have been there all along. Brown is the most feared and respected figure in the game and, along with Simon Black, is the man on whose shoulders the Lions’ hopes rest.

brown8.jpg

Foxsports: Lions Preview

The Adjudicator says

“Jonathan Brown and Brendan Fevola playing together is the footy equivalent of communism; good in theory, bad in practice. At least that’s what Vossy will be looking to avoid this year. Together, Browny and Fev have the potential to hit their opponents like a weapon of mass destruction (remember those?). But unless Vossy can figure out how to get two to tango, it will be more like getting shot with a paintball gun. It will still sting, but won’t be enough to topple the big boys.”

brown13.jpg

Link

West Coast captain Darren Glass is in no doubt that the Brown-Fevola combination could deliver more than a few knockout blows in 2010.
"Brownie has shown that he can successfully play with a full forward," Glass said.
"I don't think there will be an issue in terms of chemistry which seems to be the main talking point.
"Fevola is a class player and only adds an extra dimension to their forward line so it's going to be a tricky assignment for us at the Gabba."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eagles prepare to shut down Fevola-Brown
March 25, 2010 - 7:54PM

But while Brisbane fans are drooling about the Brown-Fevola potential, Worsfold believed the Brown-Bradshaw combination was just as potent. "Their set-up is very similar," Worsfold said on Thursday. "Bradshaw was a very good leading forward so there's not much to change (in our defensive strategies)."

Link

The players will wear black armbands to mark an occasion that will be tinged with sadness for many Lions. Roland "Corker" Brown, the grandfather of skipper Jonathan Brown and the father of his dad Brian, a former Fitzroy Lion, died this week.

Link

In the end, Fev wasn’t the messiah, nor was he a very naughty boy. Three goals, seven behinds wasn’t brilliant but it wasn’t terrible. Jonathan Brown, very much Brisbane’s main man, ended the night with five and the pecking order remains safely intact.

brownz.jpg

"Get Outta My Way". Brown charges side on into the contest to take a commanding mark.

Brown had no right to take that mark, it was Glass's all the way. Amazing stuff.

He will just absolutely dominate this year if we can engineer a few one-on-ones for him like we did last night. He has battled three defenders at a time for years now. With Fev and Staker sharing the load, it is Browny's time to shine.

browno.jpg

Here is another angle of that mark. Glass had out positioned Fev and was looking to take a chest mark but Brown came out of nowhere to get there first.

The look of elation on Fevs face at that marking contest was priceless. Applauded Brown & got in his opponents way & basically said 'Oi sod off, that's my captain and you don't touch him'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back