Past Jonathan Brown #1 (1999-2014)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Jonathan Brown

I don't think I have any issue with someone suggesting that there will be teething problems. I think there will - like a ruckman and a ruck rover, a full back and centre half back or even 2 midfielders - it takes time to work up a combination. I don't expect the partnership to be in full flow until mid-year. That's not to say that they won't be dangerous. But I think it is more likely we'll see one or the other firing - rather than both at the same time, at least at first.

It will also be magnified so that any time they jump for the same mark, the commentators will make a point of it. Let's face it, after many years playing together, Brown and Bradshaw still got in each other's road from time to time. I think it is a natural consequence of having 2 dominant marking players within 30-50 metres of each other.

Let's face it, after many years playing together, Brown and Bradshaw still got in each other's road from time to time.

They collided badly late last year @ The Gabba. Brownie got up 2nd out of that one.

They collided badly late last year @ The Gabba. Brownie got up 2nd out of that one.

Browny also come off second last year in collisions with Black, Polkinghorne and Proud.

Proudy absolutely put JB on his ass in fact.

It just happens sometimes, especially when Browny is running back with the flight with his eyes pointed skyward. But as soon as he has a collision with Fev (and it will happen)... watch for the Carlton unwashed to bellow "LOL... forward line is dysfunctional!"

Link

MELBOURNE Storm front-rower Ryan Hoffman is overweight. So are AFL stars Buddy Franklin and Jonathan Brown. It's difficult to believe, but according to the Body Mass Index (BMI) - a measurement that health professionals use to determine if a person is underweight or obese - these elite athletes are overweight.

"BMI is not as accurate if you are an athlete, very muscular, pregnant, breastfeeding or frail."

Just to illustrate my point, Alistair Lynch kicked 318 of his 633 goals in the 5 years he played with Brown. All 5 seasons were in his top 7 for most goals kicked. He averaged 3.11 goals a game playing with Brown compared to 1.54 without him.

Since Lynch retired Bradshaw has had 4 years at full forward (missing one year through injury). In the two years that Brown missed half the season he kicked 42 and 59 goals. In the two years that Brown played a full season he kicked 75 and 58 goals.

Contrary to the suggestion that Brown will negate another key forward, history suggests they tend to thrive. Both Lynch and Bradshaw had career best form working in tandem with Brown from full forward.

Quoted for excited-ness :)

Season Guide 2010

MOST IMPORTANT PLAYER

Jonathan Brown remains the man upon which this Brisbane team's fortunes hinge. While Brendan Fevola's ability to settle into his new environment will be paramount, there is a proven correlation between Brown's ability to stay on the park and his side's success.

brownn.jpg

Brown ready for regular season
11:14 AM Tue 16 March, 2010

Lions Captain Jonathan Brown looks ready to tackle his 11th AFL season after making a solid contribution in each of his two pre-season practice matches.

Brown backed up his three goal effort against Carlton at Visy Park two weeks ago with a dominant performance against Hawthorn last Friday at Southport.

The burly centre half-forward collected 17 disposals and grabbed 11 marks to finish with a team-high 97* Dream Team points.

brownb.jpg

Re: Jonathan Brown #2

Remember when he was a volatile psychopath who was always on the borderline of snotting an opponent at a moment's notice?

Great times. Commentators used to make a ridiculously big deal about it (see Robert Walls in the No Rules match in 2002 for example), but I've got to admit that I thought it was pretty entertaining most of the time.

The one exception was when I was at the 2004 qualifying final at the Gabba and a mate watching at home texted me to say he was on report for getting a Saints player in a headlock. What a sickening feeling.

Then he got off scott free because he was charged with rough play and our lawyers argued "how can it be rough PLAY when the siren had gone and PLAY had stopped". In all honestly it was a pretty farcical decision, but oh the elation when he got off. :D

Then we lost the GF anyway and he went and got suspended again. :(

What is truly amazing was how he just managed to control the rage after that last suspension. Came back in Round 6 vs Essendon... kicked a massive bag and was a whole new man. Hasn't come close to snotting someone since... the worst he has done since was give Marc Murphy a little knee to the ribcage, but we'd all like a crack at that.

Brisbane Lions forwards Johnathan Brown, Brendan Fevola, Brent Staker primed for goal feast
  • Andrew Hamilton
  • March 17, 2010 11:00PM
Between them the trio have managed only 10 goals throughout the pre-season, but Brown says the big bags of goals will come with the start of the premiership.

Brown has been double and triple teamed in just about every game since Alastair Lynch retired but with Fevola and Staker up-front, he is licking his lips at more opportunities to go one-on-one with his opponent.

So confident is Brown that things have started to click, he will forego the chance for a last tune-up in the club's intra-club scratch match tonight in favour of joining the AFL's captains in Melbourne at the official season launch.

brown9.jpg

Is Brown the first person ever to have an advancing hair line?

brown7.jpg

Lol. "Lego-head" is as apt as ever. Have we got any pics of the back of his head? Maybe it is just slipping forward...?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow... did not ever think I would see Browny singing by himself on the footy show.

Seemed so out of character. LMAO.

I watched most of the show, then went to bed...How come he was singing? and what did he sing?......would loved to have seen him do that, so I'm annoyed with myself for not staying up..

That middle logo looks stunning..

Thanks a lot:)...any chance someone might be able to put it on here for us to see?:thumbsu:

Wouldn't surprise me if it goes up on the footy show website in the next day or so, but if not, I'll see what I can do MacMum.

Was a pretty good Browny episode all round... they showed an adorable picture of baby Olivia with a Lions beanie on and also footage of him being interviewed before he was drafted back in 1999.

OMG!:D....seriously, I am in love!!!..I've got tears rolling down my face from laughing so much..

Our Captain is a star of the highest quality!

Thankyou so much for that.........absolutely priceless!:thumbsu:

Little Olivia was a real little cutie in her Lions beanie wasn't she TBD?..............you'll have to get one of your own;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back