Remove this Banner Ad

Matt loves Essendon

All Australian
Jul 9, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Vic Bushrangers, Melbourne Stars
Not my rumour, but I'm sure some of you have seen there has been a bit of chatter about this trade in various places, and it has only been getting louder lately. An opposition player I am playing cricket against just told me that he has it from a reliable source inside St Kilda that Giles might replace pick 23/25 in the deal offered on Friday. Hickey is also on the outer, a few clubs interested.

Not sure what to make of it. Better put it out of my head as I'm in next!

if it happened surely he would only replace one draft selection.

Hickey would then likely be traded to the dogs for pick 11 odd

Weird rumour. I thought one of the claims about the Carlisle trade was that St Kilda were trying to palm off Hickey and a second round to Essendon? So they are trying to get rid of an under performing ruck but bring in another?

Weird. Not too likely I should think.

if it happened surely he would only replace one draft selection.

Hickey would then likely be traded to the dogs for pick 11 odd

Yeah, you'd think so. Giles has little worth at Essendon, but is reasonable steak knives for St Kilda. 5 + 64 for Carlisle + 25 + Giles is for me a much better deal than 5 for Carlisle + 23 + 25

We have hickey, longer, homles and lewis pierce

Bad rumor imo

But if Hickey is (apparently) on the outer (not saying he is, just according to this rumour), it'd be better to have a back-up in case Longer goes down. Don't think you can go Holmes + Pierce as rucks for a long period of time? Only for 2 years for Giles I'd think, but would be worth it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not my rumour, but I'm sure some of you have seen there has been a bit of chatter about this trade in various places, and it has only been getting louder lately. An opposition player I am playing cricket against just told me that he has it from a reliable source inside St Kilda that Giles might replace pick 23/25 in the deal offered on Friday. Hickey is also on the outer, a few clubs interested.

Not sure what to make of it. Better put it out of my head as I'm in next!
How did you go in the cricket? Hopefully better than this rumour.

very weird rumour, know west coast were interested, but not for a 2nd rounder...
Melbourne were foolish enough to take melksham for a 2nd rounder so....

He had a super year at GWS. The guy can play.
With the sub going next year it might open up how many rucks a team plays.
He can also kick goals when put in the forward line.
He could be a bargin get.

Judged on Distance, Giles may go from Port(I think) to GWS, to Essendon to West Coast...Is that the furthest in KM's a player has traveled while moving clubs...?
A great question. Dale Kickett though I think has him covered - recruited from Western Australia to Fitzroy, traded to WCE, delisted and recruited again to St Kilda, went back to WA, recruited to Essendon but stayed in WA before being picked up once more by Fremantle.

So: starting in WA - Fitzroy - WCE - St Kilda - Fremantle, so four trips across the Nullarbor!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back