Retired Justin Clarke (2011-2016)

Remove this Banner Ad

He could end up at about 23/24 having played 100 games and one of the best key backs in the league. :thumbsu:

Regional South Australia has been good to us this year in Clarke and Mayes. The good news stories of the year IMO (along with the rise of Hanley and the Leuenberger Express getting back on the tracks and barely missing a beat).

Can see the tangible improvement in Clarke every week. So, so pleasing. I said in my end of year review of Clarke last year that rebuilding during compromised drafts means that we need to pluck a few diamonds from the rough. Think we have one here.

Regional South Australia has been good to us this year in Clarke and Mayes. The good news stories of the year IMO (along with the rise of Hanley and the Leuenberger Express getting back on the tracks and barely missing a beat).

Can see the tangible improvement in Clarke every week. So, so pleasing. I said in my end of year review of Clarke last year that rebuilding during compromised drafts means that we need to pluck a few diamonds from the rough. Think we have one here.

Redden too in a past draft. SA has been a goldmine for us in recent times in terms of our best 22.

I'll put my hand up and admit I thought we played him too early. I thought he didn't have the experience to play a key one on one role, and I actually thought I had got that right after the Sydney game. But he has improved every week since then and has played some important roles for us, most notably allowing Merrett to play forward.

Onya Clarkey :thumbsu:

This year's Senior experience and another pre-season and bulking up some more over summer should have him cherry ripe to continue the good work from the start of 2014.

Clarke's quick improvement as such a young tall defender has been one of this season's highlights for me.

Just saw the video recapping the round 8 win again Essendon (put up today on the lions youtube channel). They showed Justin's hit which got him suspended. Some may say he was reckless but what he showed us (as supporters) his intentions. I think Justin will have a big year in 2014 and I feel he's just one of those players that will fit in perfectly with our club in the long term. With all of the bad news coming out of some of the youngsters not everything is looking down.

Just saw the video recapping the round 8 win again Essendon (put up today on the lions youtube channel). They showed Justin's hit which got him suspended. Some may say he was reckless but what he showed us (as supporters) his intentions. I think Justin will have a big year in 2014 and I feel he's just one of those players that will fit in perfectly with our club in the long term. With all of the bad news coming out of some of the youngsters not everything is looking down.

although I agree his hit was sloppy, I think his original intentions with gut running was very promising... I can see him developing very well under leppa with better timed runs... imagine him crunching players with body whilst effective spoiling

THE Lions have had a timely win at the negotiation table with key defender Justin Clarke committing to the club until the end of 2016.
A product of the small town of Booleroo, three hours north of Adelaide, the 19-year-old Clarke resisted any temptation to return home and is poised to sign a three-year deal with the club.
Clarke's decision is a significant boost for Brisbane who are battling to retain five young guns complaining of home sickness.
828093-justin-clarke.jpg

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...ntil-end-of-2016/story-fnia3y5g-1226732827041

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's actually something of a personal coup for Justin to come straight off the rookie list into a three year senior deal.

Great stuff.

Best news for a while, since Leppers return. Good stuff Clarkey .He'll be our rock of Gibralta in defense for years to come. This is massive for us , really important for our spine.. Let's hope it sends a vote of confidence to the bunch of softies. I also hope this is on the main AFL site, at some stage today.

Good to see Trade Radios on the ball.

1. 2.12pm: A small win for the Giants. Key defender Justin Clarke, 19, is set to buck the trend of homesick youngsters and sign a three-year deal with the club.
  2. 277667-tlssmallthumbnail.jpg
    Lions defender set to defy homesickness trend - AFL.com.au
    Young defender set to sign new three-year deal to remain in Brisbane

Good to see Trade Radios on the ball.

1. 2.12pm: A small win for the Giants. Key defender Justin Clarke, 19, is set to buck the trend of homesick youngsters and sign a three-year deal with the club.
  2. 277667-tlssmallthumbnail.jpg
    Lions defender set to defy homesickness trend - AFL.com.au
    Young defender set to sign new three-year deal to remain in Brisbane

I'm surprised Clarke wasn't touring other clubs while being out of the country or being traded immediately prior to re-signing. Just the wrong club is a step up! :D

http://www.lions.com.au/news/2013-10-14/clarke-commits-to-lions

Promising key defender Justin Clarke has put pen to paper on a new contract that will see him remain at the Brisbane Lions until at least the end of 2016.

Clarke said he was delighted to be continuing his career with the Lions.

“I love it in Brisbane and have really settled down here,” Clarke said.

“The Lions took a massive leap of faith in drafting me, so I feel a massive sense of loyalty towards the Club for giving me this opportunity.

“The Club has been incredibly supportive and has really helped in my development as a player. I’m obviously really excited about where this group is headed, and I can’t wait to be part of its future.

“It will be really good to pick (new Senior Coach) Justin Leppitsch’s brains, particularly as he was a key defender as well. Hopefully he can help develop my game, as I know I still have a long way to go.”

Very nice.
Is already a fine player & has that bit of mongrel that will put that touch of fear into those he opposes!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back