News Kane Mitchell upgraded

Remove this Banner Ad

Honeyboy Wilson

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 26, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Well done to the lad. Worked hard to finally get his shot at AFL level. Hopefully he can keep proving himself.

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2013-03-26/mitchell-elevated-to-senior-list

MitchellHero602_620X370.jpg

Kane Mitchell said:
“It’s a huge honour to be promoted onto Port Adelaide’s senior list. There are no guarantees that I’ll get a game but I’ll just continue working hard and playing my role on the training track.

“I was very excited when Ken (senior coach Ken Hinkley) gave me the news. He was very measured and explained that it’s come from hard work and it’s hard work that’ll get you where you want to go.”

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2013-03-26/mitchell-elevated-to-senior-list

A lot of people don't have him in their best 22 (from that thread), myself included. I like the guy, just not sure where he will fit in. Guess he could play the super-sub for a bit, but who would he push out of the current team, or does he have to wait for injury?

A lot of people don't have him in their best 22 (from that thread), myself included. I like the guy, just not sure where he will fit in. Guess he could play the super-sub for a bit, but who would he push out of the current team, or does he have to wait for injury?

I'd have him ahead of Aaron Young for now.

I rekon we will go Mitchell small forward/mid and then replaced at 3qtr time with Neade as a sub.

Interesting, you would think that Mitchell being upgraded means that the coaches see him in our squad of 25. I wouldn't, however, have him in our 22 at this point.

Either way, congrats Kane. Much deserved promotion and hopefully the beginning of a good debut season :thumbsu:

I reckon i'm almost as happy as what Mitchell is right now with the news.

Absolute great news for the lad.

I rate him as being in our best 22 and fingers crossed he gets a gig this weekend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't see him as a sub. The sort of player who can run all day.

Young can be sub for now imo.
yep i was doing a round 1 22 the other day and had mitchell as the sub until I thought further, he has the energy to go top speed all day long - wasted as a sub

i had neade as sub in the end. Love what he brings, but he doesnt seem ready for 4 quarters yet

yep i was doing a round 1 22 the other day and had mitchell as the sub until I thought further, he has the energy to go top speed all day long - wasted as a sub

i had neade as sub in the end. Love what he brings, but he doesnt seem ready for 4 quarters yet

Same, but I would prefer to have Neade starting... too much X factor to leave him sitting on as a sub. As TSW said Young as the sub (or Moore).

Excellent news. By all reports, he set his sights on taking this opportunity by the throat and throttling it into submission. Look forward to seeing him in action.

BTW...
We now have two players called Kane who can run all day but with issues over their disposal.
One looks like Daniel Day-Lewis while the other looks like Jack Palance.

Well done Kane :thumbsu:

We now have two players called Kane who can run all day but with issues over their disposal.
One looks like Daniel Day-Lewis while the other looks like Jack Palance.
Which one is Kane Boak? o_O

Remove this Banner Ad

Back