Karmichael Hunt

Remove this Banner Ad

hamy wasnt it?

i would have thought K's hams were bullet proof..?

good to see him back. he'll add more steel to our midfield.

Yeah hammy.

It may be all the extra running thanks to his tagger role I would have thought.

quick question mate.

in AFL you are supposed to 'man up', or mark your man, which is actually tagging your opposite number.

so what differentiates a 'pure tagger' from just staying on your man like you should?

quick question mate.

in AFL you are supposed to 'man up', or mark your man, which is actually tagging your opposite number.

so what differentiates a 'pure tagger' from just staying on your man like you should?
I'm not 100% sure to be honest, Maybe one of the others know.

quick question mate.

A tagger's primary job is not necessarily to attack the ball itself, it is to stop your opponent getting the ball, and/or severely limit the effectiveness of his disposal when he does have it.

It is why you can see taggers only get 8-10 touches a game yet still have a great game

A normal player would really only man up their opponent when the opposition team has possesion.

I know what I mean, I hope that makes sense :confused:

cheers mate. yeah i can see this...

a tagger stays with his opposite regardless of which team has the ball. but normally you try and get away from your opponent when your team has the ball...taggers play the man.

i hope k's usefulness hasnt ended with the suns now geting media for their success.

Hunt is a valuable member of this squad. he mentored bennell when needed. he is a club leader, he is fearless on the field.

hunt is a part of this clubs spirit. dont forget him.

i hope k's usefulness hasnt ended with the suns now geting media for their success.

Hunt is a valuable member of this squad. he mentored bennell when needed. he is a club leader, he is fearless on the field.

hunt is a part of this clubs spirit. dont forget him.

Chillax he will get a game hahaha! :p

He was one of the best on for the NEAFL on the weekend. But unfortunately struggled to finish the match. Cramped up pretty bad. Give him a week or so more in the two's and he will be straight back into it :thumbsu:

It's not. He is contracted, lists are final, he is a month into pre season training, he has told the Suns he is committed to 2014, end of.

It would be a pretty messy way for K to go.

Leaving so late in the pre-season, upsetting the list would seem out of character for him.

There is only 3 real reasons he would leave;

*HUGE dollars from the broncos. I don't think he would come under the salary cap and therefore could be paid millions?

*His legs are just not getting any better, and has decided AFL does not suit his body?

*The Brown episode put a bad taste in his mouth and that added to the other 2 reasons pushed him away?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope K has a great season this year , would love to see him playing next year, I could see him playing a similar role to what Heath Hocking does for essendon. Block for the midfield , tackle and impose himself physically , the enforcer type role

Agree that he has been great for the club in our first 4 years and what he's done is nothing short of amazing. I'm just not sure where he actually fits into the 22 these days and what role he can play. He doesn't appear to have the endurance to play midfield, so where does that leave him?

What's the likelihood of K staying at the Suns after this season? He's a great player, but doesn't really seem to fit in a particular position here. I'd love for him to stay, but I'm confused.

I actually keep forgetting that K is still technically a part of the Suns :( whenever I think of the team, he doesn't even enter my head :(

A few photos of Karmichael over his three code career:

A2lhwrI.jpg

Hunt in 2004, the year he made his NRL debut.

8UqtPLt.jpg

Hunt in 2005. He decided to change his hair a little bit by making the sides shorter and grew a little mullet.

ROwpWgU.jpg

Hunt made his international debut for Australian in early 2006. He was famously knocked unconscious in the match by one of the Kiwi players and the above picture shows the blood pouring from his head.

N0ZN8iF.jpg

s05EmAS.jpg

Hunt also made his State of Origin debut for Queensland in 2006 as well as winning the NRL premiership later that year with the Broncos.

wTWgWJz.jpg

Hunt and the Broncos then took on English champions St Helens in the 2007 World Club Challenge but unfortunately did not come out victorious.

sU9Rih6.jpg

Hunt continued to play club, state and international games in 2007 and 2008.

lL4wnsI.jpg

After two more years of representative games for Queensland and Australia, Hunt was selected to play for Australia in the 2008 Rugby League World Cup.

ESpJ8Ja.jpg

Hunt then shocked the Australian sporting landscape by signing with the GC17 AFL expansion club in 2009.

tD5QKSJ.jpg

Hunt then headed over to France for the 2009-10 summer months to play Rugby Union for Biarritz and added some weight to his frame. He managed to score the only try in the Heineken Cup final.

BeRhghS.jpg

Hunt returned to Australia later in 2010 and made his Aussie rules debut for the Gold Coast not long after. He found out just how hard it can be when his body locked up with severe cramps through in a VFL match against Cragieburn. Perhaps a sign of things to come...

xRWkTT6.jpg

Hunt made his debut in the Gold Coast's first ever AFL game against Carlton in early 2011. He lined up at centre-half back where he was giving up a serious amount of height to his opponent Shaun Hampson.

upGjK4b.jpg

Later in 2011 Hunt brought the house down with a 50 metre goal in the Gold Coast's first real home game against Geelong.

l1WvPJB.jpg

In 2012 Hunt cemented himself in AFL folklore when he kicked a winning goal after the siren to beat Richmond in Cairns. He became the 33rd man in VFL/AFL history to kicking a winning goal after the finals siren.

nNzOwYJ.jpg

After two injury ravished seasons Hunt conceded he no longer thought his body was up to the demands of an AFL player.

YDkvRRO.jpg

And finally we have Hunt's latest venture of Rugby Union with the Queensland Reds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back