KDFL 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any more word about Broadford wanting to enter the comp next year? Does it come down to a vote of club's or the KDFL executive?
No official proposal put forward to the KDFNL. Are they looking at other leagues at the moment as well?

I think Doona it may come down to the clubs as to how they vote but you had never know, the VCFL or whoever they are now could over rule anyones decision and put them where they see fit..Stanger things have happened..

Dont we know that from past history :rolleyes:

Tallys ground would have to be up there Ark and hope they secure that 2ond Elem But as far as elevation and cover Mooroopna is spot on!!
IMO from a players point of view it must stay at a GV ground I personally had the pleasure of playing in a GF at Mooroopnas ground couple years back and there is nothing that even gets close to a surface that good in the KDFL big game like that deserves the best facility available..

Tallys ground would have to be up there Ark and hope they secure that 2ond Elem But as far as elevation and cover Mooroopna is spot on!!
Have to agree with Mooroopna, also a far better venue than Tat in terms of layout ect.

Far better parking, Netball not so far away ect. Could reel off many more aspects but Mooroopna is a great choice of venue.

Had the pleasure of playing beside arky in the big one at mooroopna.. I agree with him not 1 of our grounds and facilities come close ..

Bit rude to rate the KDFL grounds so low. The Murchison surface is consistently the best in the competition and having watched many GVFL games over the past few seasons, superior to many of them as well. The age old argument is that Murchison's facilities are its downfall. Tallygaroopna is also a good ground and has great player facilities, plenty of room to park and the netball right there. Mooroopna's parking is pretty ordinary, very few vehicles can get into the ground and the rest spills out onto the very busy Midland highway. Every option has pros and cons but the local grounds are more than serviceable for most of the year. I'd love to know how Mooroopna get away with their multiple grog selling points (up to four) on Grand Final day. It's either a lot of applications or a lot of alterations to an existing licence. Wonder what Good Sports think?

Bit rude to rate the KDFL grounds so low. The Murchison surface is consistently the best in the competition and having watched many GVFL games over the past few seasons, superior to many of them as well. The age old argument is that Murchison's facilities are its downfall. Tallygaroopna is also a good ground and has great player facilities, plenty of room to park and the netball right there. Mooroopna's parking is pretty ordinary, very few vehicles can get into the ground and the rest spills out onto the very busy Midland highway. Every option has pros and cons but the local grounds are more than serviceable for most of the year. I'd love to know how Mooroopna get away with their multiple grog selling points (up to four) on Grand Final day. It's either a lot of applications or a lot of alterations to an existing licence. Wonder what Good Sports think?

Hardly rude just ones opionions I don't think the kdfl grounds feelings will be hurt by these comments I did say IMO & from a players perspective yes tally & murch are great tracks but I know on a cracking spring day a big game like that I'd prefer to be running out at the cattery

Hardly rude just ones opionions I don't think the kdfl grounds feelings will be hurt by these comments I did say IMO & from a players perspective yes tally & murch are great tracks but I know on a cracking spring day a big game like that I'd prefer to be running out at the cattery

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not taking anything at all. Violet Town got a good surface for the one day that they played on the ground but it has copped criticism over the years for being too hard and having a patchy surface since the KDFL have been playing the Grand Final at that venue. It is a good ground and a reasonable surface but certainly not the best in the GVFL in my honest opinion.

Just wondering if the VT blokes have been to a Grand Final on a KDFL ground? Much better atmosphere at the KDL grounds IMO, more of a festival vibe. Nothing like backing up a ute with a couch on the back to watch the big game.
Certainly understand Mooroopna has superior facilities, but I really miss the the "good old days".

Have to agree with Mooroopna, also a far better venue than Tat in terms of layout ect.

Far better parking, Netball not so far away ect. Could reel off many more aspects but Mooroopna is a great choice of venue.
Don't think it is a far better venue, ground surface no where near as lush as tatura! Players rooms at mooroopna are also outdated in there home rooms. Tatura rooms fairly new. Tatura lacks grand stands which mooroopna has set out nicely. Always tough for kdfl, thou picola south east have there grand finals set out for the next 8 or so years and every team gets a crack at hosting the granny. Which is good idea in my opinion and these ground are similar to the kdfls. Could be an idea for kdfl to look at.

Just wondering if the VT blokes have been to a Grand Final on a KDFL ground? Much better atmosphere at the KDL grounds IMO, more of a festival vibe. Nothing like backing up a ute with a couch on the back to watch the big game.
Certainly understand Mooroopna has superior facilities, but I really miss the the "good old days".
Murch may have it's great surface, but let's be honest, the facilities are that bad they shouldn't have home & away games. But hey it's all good if you like showering in everyone else's piss, stops Tinea n other s**t..

Yeah good point personally I haven't it was hard enough to negotiate a contract from jaxbax to get paid to play finals let alone go and watch someone else ;)

Atmosphere at mooroopna that day was amazing game was over at half time music and megaphone going behind the goals couple of donnybrooks in the crowd and on the ground if undera had if only showed up woukda been the perfect day ;)

Yeah good point personally I haven't it was hard enough to negotiate a contract from jaxbax to get paid to play finals let alone go and watch someone else ;)

Atmosphere at mooroopna that day was amazing game was over at half time music and megaphone going behind the goals couple of donnybrooks in the crowd and on the ground if undera had if only showed up woukda been the perfect day ;)
Asking for an extra five cherry ripes and two wing dings was starting to push the friendship a bit, on that note what is lanky paying you to play finals as you sooked and spat the dummy at VT..:p

H
Asking for an extra five cherry ripes and two wing dings was starting to push the friendship a bit, on that note what is lanky paying you to play finals as you sooked and spat the dummy at VT..:p

Well played jax.. Well if things fall our way I should be right to go for the first final body has let me down a lil bit lately but they would have to at least match that cherry ripe and winding deal I use to be on ;) and buy cherry ripes and windings I mean pineapples & advacados

Don't think it is a far better venue, ground surface no where near as lush as tatura! Players rooms at mooroopna are also outdated in there home rooms. Tatura rooms fairly new. Tatura lacks grand stands which mooroopna has set out nicely. Always tough for kdfl, thou picola south east have there grand finals set out for the next 8 or so years and every team gets a crack at hosting the granny. Which is good idea in my opinion and these ground are similar to the kdfls. Could be an idea for kdfl to look at.
There was just no atmosphere last year.. Netball an age away. At Mooroopna almost 3/4 around the ground is packed with the South East corner the only "dead spot", Tat probably 1/2, and that's being generous. Last year the "new" away rooms were given to the umpires anyway! So Stanhope were in the old away rooms across the ground. Plenty of seating at Mooroopna as well, grandstand either side as well. Just my 2 cents, it's not worth much :p

All fair points re KDFL grounds, making this season the exception because of the amount of rain we've had I think generally all the grounds are too hard, hence im making my decision to go back and play in the mud in Melb, heaps better on the body & everyone slows down to my pace, the substantial pay rise I've been offered has nothing to do with it.
Your a good man Arkitect, if things don't pan out for you at Lancy maybe you could follow me back down the highway.

All fair points re KDFL grounds, making this season the exception because of the amount of rain we've had I think generally all the grounds are too hard, hence im making my decision to go back and play in the mud in Melb, heaps better on the body & everyone slows down to my pace, the substantial pay rise I've been offered has nothing to do with it.
Your a good man Arkitect, if things don't pan out for you at Lancy maybe you could follow me back down the highway.

Unlikely Tiguan probably too fit for metro footy.

Longwood will host the 2ond elimination final but told to do a power of work on their ground Also neither murch and logwood will receive points
for last Saturdays non game!!!
TO those who had lancy gun Tom Davies in their tips to win the McNamara medal Well he has not been invited to attend the medal count
he is not in the top 10 Burners is lancys only attendant???
My tips are KILHARTIN. SHEILS. POOLE if they have been invited

Longwood will host the 2ond elimination final but told to do a power of work on their ground Also neither murch and logwood will receive points
for last Saturdays non game!!!
TO those who had lancy gun Tom Davies in their tips to win the McNamara medal Well he has not been invited to attend the medal count
he is not in the top 10 Burners is lancys only attendant???
My tips are KILHARTIN. SHEILS. POOLE if they have been invited
No Poole either, Lets face it,you either have to shake their hand or buy them a cup of tea to receive a vote... Last year in 2 different games Vt won by more than 20 pts and only received the 2 votes..Go figure..R the umpires not in touch with the game or is the standard just getting worse..Either way we still have to have them to play the game..PS surely Davies is an oversight by the league but then again Pat Horsburgh didn't get an invite last year either..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back