Kenny presser bingo

Remove this Banner Ad

*we take full responsibility for what happened Friday night. We own that, and accept that. But it's a long season, and we moved on pretty quickly, both as a group and a club, and went back to work. That's what good clubs and proud players do. And I can tell ya Rooch, there aren't many prouder playing groups than this one..."

"Hey, everybody. I'm a stupid moron with an ugly face and a big butt and my butt smells, and I like to kiss my own butt."

"Good evening. This is the 37th time I have spoken to you from this office in which so many decisions have been made that shape the history of this club. Each time I have done so to discuss with you some matters that I believe affected the club's interest. And all the decisions I have made in my public life I have always tried to do what was best for the club.

Throughout the long and difficult period of the last three games, I have felt it was my duty to persevere; to make every possible effort to complete the job to which you elected me.

In the past few days, however, it has become evident to me that I no longer have a strong enough base to justify continuing that effort. As long as there was such a base, I felt strongly that it was necessary to see the process through to its conclusion; that to do otherwise would be unfaithful to the spirit of that deliberately difficult process, and a dangerously destabilizing precedent for the future.

But with the disappearance of that base, I now believe that the purpose has been served. And there is no longer a need for the process to be pro- longed.

I would have preferred to carry through to the finish whatever the personal agony it would have involved, and my family unanimously urged me to do so. But the interests of the club must always come before any personal considerations. From the discussions I have had with Matthew Richardson and other leaders I have concluded that because of this matter I might not have the support of the board that I would consider necessary to back the very difficult decisions and carry out the duties of this office in the way the interests of the club will require.

I have never been a quitter.

To leave office before my contract is completed is opposed to every instinct in my body. But as senior coach I must put the interests of Port Adelaide first.

Port Adelaide needs a full-time coach and a full-time board, particularly at this time with problems we face at home and at Skilled Stadium.

To continue to fight through the months ahead for my personal vindication would almost totally absorb the time and attention of both the President and the Board in a period when our entire focus should be on the great issues of peace abroad and prosperity without inflation at home.

Therefore, I shall resign the Senior Coach role effective at noon tomorrow."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We know our best is good enough to match any side, we understand that, and even though it's an amazingly tough and brutal competition, we'll keep working to be the best that we can be, and I have enough confidence in this group that we will eventually get to where we want to be at, and get what we deserve.

"We know what we need to work on."

"My job isn't to worry about what you guys in the media are saying, it's to make sure that the boys go into tomorrow night as prepared as they possibly can be."

"Melbourne are a great side – we're looking forward to the challenge."

"It's a long season."

that's footy isn't it?
we'll have a real crack
it's backs to the walls stuff(s)
i reckon (13 times used)
rooch (said with adoring affection)
geelong (said with adoring affection)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back