Kerridge. Midfielder? Forward? Tagger?

Remove this Banner Ad

Seriously he averages 10 possesions a game. So when VB comes back we will have Kerridge, Brown and VB all trying to crack the 15 possession mark in a game. Super.

You need to stop being so closed minded and focusing on the 10 possessions. Once again in his first 25 games he had as many (or more than) 20+ possession games than our Sloane, Danger, Smith, Douglas, Vince DESPITE playing half as a tagger.

Surely this proves he can get the ball doesn't it?

Or should we get rid of Talia and Betts as well because they average 11 and 13 possesions?

Seriously he averages 10 possesions a game. So when VB comes back we will have Kerridge, Brown and VB all trying to crack the 15 possession mark in a game. Super.

It's because both Brown and Keg play shut down roles

As a forward its between him and Lynch. We have VB, coming back next year as a tagger, Crouch jr is in the midfield before him and Grigg is more talented and has better delivery into the forward line than him. Now would i prefer Kerridge or VB? Kerridge, but we all know that aint gonna happen. So he is player 24-28 in my books.

No how about you tell me the stars he took out of the games? Last night which Saints star mid did he destroy as a tagger? Oops didnt tag last night.

Go and have a look at what these players did this year and when Kedge was on them. He nullified Jack and Boak in rounds 2&3. He absolutely took Griffen, Montagna and Nathan Jones to the cleaners. Jones had his lowest disposal total for 3 years against Kerridge. He reduced Gary Abletts influence against us and he severely impacted Pendles impact on the game (kept him to under 10 kicks for only the 3rd time in 2 years).

No how about you tell me the stars he took out of the games? Last night which Saints star mid did he destroy as a tagger? Oops didnt tag last night.

You are expecting a 26 game player who isn't 22 yet in his 1st year playing a tagging role to match a 30 year old veteran of 186 games recognised as the games best tagger, aren't you?

He averaged 12.31 from 26 games two of those he had the green vest and his possession count was impacted. Sure he has had some poor games but this year his role had impacted his ball winning ability.

For me, Sam is a forward/midfielder every day of the week. He has the best goal-sense of any player at our club (apart from Eddie and, arguably, Tex). If we want to use him in a defensive role, then get him to do jobs on the opposition's best half-backers... as long as he is in our forward-50 (most of the time), I'm happy.

For me, Sam is a forward/midfielder every day of the week. He has the best goal-sense of any player at our club (apart from Eddie and, arguably, Tex). If we want to use him in a defensive role, then get him to do jobs on the opposition's best half-backers... as long as he is in our forward-50 (most of the time), I'm happy.

Agree. Besides his tagging ability, he is a classic example of what used to be known as a half forward flanker, before everyone became either a forward, mid or back. Provides a lot of run and link up and as you say knows where the goals are and isn't afraid to kick them himself. An opportunist half forward - very handy role to have.

Im pretty bullish on Kerridge. A natural footballer, great size, good pace. He hasnt got the raw leadership and brilliance, but there's a lot of Michael Voss about him in my opinion. A bit of a Dustin Martin actually.

He really should become an integral part of our midfield structure. He's a difficult matchup and can hurt opposition teams on the scoreboard. Can hit a target. Another pre season and he should break out next season, if given the right opportunities.

Really is a small Utility. A very handy player to have. Especially if you get an injury mid-game.
I see him as a tagger that can kick goals if his opponent wonders into defence, making them accountable as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Natural footballer, utility - yes.

I think of him as like VB but actually has an impact on games. Unfair to VB I know, maybe I've forgotten VB's value while he's been out. While our next captain is likely to be Sloane or Danger (or both) I see Kerridge as captain potential. May never get there but that type of player.

I've always liked Kerridge, has potential to be a top line mid... how many players in their first 26 games make another side supporters fearful that he is playing... not many, i tell you :p

I think tagging this season was an easy way to develop his mind into being a top shelf mid.. that runs both ways and is damaging.... time will tell but i reckon Kerridge will be one of the players soon that the competition is gushing over.

I wasn't a Kerridge fan to begin with because I didn't think he could hurt the opposition. When off the chain I was proved wrong.

Where does he play? Anywhere that fits is probably the answer. the more roles he can play the better for him.

Our problem is that we have so many B-C grade midfielders, you could throw a blanket over 20 of them. Need some of them to stand up to elite level.

We need to identify who might be able to get to A grade or at least B+ and give them an opportunity. There are some now who have been in the system 5-6 years who I think we have seen the best of.

Are you serious? Kerridge has been tagging all year. He's been trying to beat his opponent which at this stage of all youngsters careers try to do. And if that means he he gets 10 disposals a game then so be it, it is a part of his development which will help him become a great mid in the future. Kerridge is best suited to a HFF where he can run with oppositions best HBF and also chip in with a few goals. Kerridge is better than Grigg.

try-not.jpg

Like him playing closer to goals. Reckon he's capable of being a guy who can kick you 25-30 goals for the year, where we've currently got guys like Douglas, Danger or Sloane who might get 15-20 goals for the year as the "next best" once you take Walker, Betts and Jenkins out of the equation.

Im not sold on Kerridge and would trade him if someone worthwhile come along. He is a Sando favourite tho. He is only averaging 10 possesions a game and at this point in his career that just isnt good enough.
if you look at it just statistically, yes he is averaging a talia/brown-like amount of possessions but really in 80% of his matches he has been played solely as tagger where he gets next to no possessions himself. when he has been played in the midfield (against geelong), he went very well and when played of HF, well we all know he kicks goals. also he attacks the ball and the man hard, something we lack severely.

If you think its okay to have a player in the midfield who averages 10 possessions a game because he is tagging thats not good enough. Kane Cornes does a better lock down role and gets 30 possessions. Same as Brown.
kane cornes hardly plays as a tagger. gets cheap outside ball as he is a seagull. doesnt hard tag like kerridge.

Yep certainly have, including his time at Sturt. When VB comes back as our tagger, who is Kerridge going to force out? I put Grigg, M Crouch ahead of him. He averages 10 possesions a game dude. You think thats good enough from a midfield player? And before you say "Forward" he isnt a leading mark up player and more "noone rates him to mark him up when he is in the forward line" type of player. Im not saying he wont make it, just he needs to do far more than he has.
kerridge will not always be a tagger. i also doubt VB will tag next year

Kerridge is best suited to a HFF where he can run with oppositions best HBF and also chip in with a few goals. Kerridge is better than Grigg.

so much better. grigg overrated and kerridge underrated on this board.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back