Player Watch Kiara Hillier - welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

A reliable rebounding-defender with plenty of versatility
DOB 03 November 2004

Height: 173cm
Queensland’s Kiara Hillier has proven herself as a reliable rebounding defender from full-back, often clearing it long from the kickouts at the AFLW Under 18 Championships

Kiara joins the red and white The Lions receive pick 73 in exchange for Kiara Hillier who will go to the Swans.

Well, I'm backing the club. A KPD is what we said we'd get. We didn't give up much (pick 73) to get her. She's young, that's in her favour, could have a long career with us. She's spent a couple of years in the Brisbane system getting some primo development - that's a big plus. She has family already living in Sydney - definitely can't hurt. She has a weapon of a kick. Only not getting a game because she comes from the premiers and it's hard to get a game there. TBH, she seems a little similar to Ella Heads but presumably not as good (yet).

Rookie Me described her marking as a bit of liability a couple of years ago, which is concerning, but hopefully she has rectified that.

Here's a link to 'get to know you interview' from her time at the Lions: AFLW Get to Know Kiara Hillier.

Welcome Kiara - bring it!

P.S. I also noticed that although the trade was only announced a couple of hours ago we were ready to go with a picture of Kiara in team strip inside Swans HQ. ;)

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back