Player Watch Sarah Grunden - Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Medium Forward from Calder Cannons
Height: 168cm D.O.B: 25-02-200

Last edited:
Last edited:

Interestingly, Jordan went undrafted I think.
Based on the info provided Grunden looks to have a much higher ceiling. Gowans described her as more a half forward and that came across in the rookieme info and in her highlights. Really nice I50s. Hits her targets and leads very well herself.

50285ACF-D33A-47C4-B30B-CAF16BD42181.JPG

Senior AFLW coach Scott Gowans said Grunden would be a fantastic addition to the Swans attack.
"Sarah is a half-forward that can use both sides of her body which was really important for us," said Gowans.
"I could see her developing and maybe move into the midfield, but she is definitely a half forward that is exciting. One of my big things is score assists and score involvements, and she definitely does a lot of that."
"We just liked the way she uses the ball, she has a beautiful kick and makes great decisions forward of the centre, and that's an area we feel we want double down in and be really good at."

The thing that made me slightly uneasy about the video highlights package was that there were lots of instances where they showed Sarah doing a great job getting into dangerous positions and taking marks but then cut away before showing her disposal. Usually that means the disposal wasn't effective. However she has otherwise been described as a good kick, and clearly we had the confidence to pick her, so I'm just going to ignore that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back