KISS and Mötley Crüe March 2013 tour

Remove this Banner Ad

Great double for us older Hard Rock fans, However, last time I saw the Crue, Neil was struggling with his vocals. Lets hope he has improved somewhat.

Great double for us older Hard Rock fans, However, last time I saw the Crue, Neil was struggling with his vocals. Lets hope he has improved somewhat.
Saw them here in June. If anything he's gotten worse since the last time I saw them in 2010. Shame. :(

Missed motley crue last time so I'm keen to go.

I wouldn't mind seeing kiss too. Their music is ok but I what to see what type of show they put on. Obviously the facepaint and costumes are a given more so ill be keen to see their stage design and any fire or pyros in their performance.

Saw crue in melb last year and Tommy's Drum roller coaster was pretty cool last year, but agree, his vocals have definitely deteriorated, he's in the bon jovi category where backing vocals carried him through, vince Was Only slightly better than bret michaels on the night but to be fair, Bret was crook as a dog and big props to him even performing.
Will go again, haven's seen kiss yet and am pretty keen, know they always put on a great show.

Saw crue in melb last year and Tommy's Drum roller coaster was pretty cool last year, but agree, his vocals have definitely deteriorated, he's in the bon jovi category where backing vocals carried him through, vince Was Only slightly better than bret michaels on the night but to be fair, Bret was crook as a dog and big props to him even performing.
Will go again, haven's seen kiss yet and am pretty keen, know they always put on a great show.

Bret Michaels was really good at the Brisbane show. Better than I expected.

Bret Michaels was really good at the Brisbane show. Better than I expected.
Yeh was tough to judge him on the melb show. He had laringitis days leading up to the gig but he still came out which was great. Husky and croakey but considering he was only the opener he didnt have to come out, but was nice to see him tough it out

is 'intimate arena mode' something where they curtain a lot of the stadium off so therell only be a crowd of around 20k there?

Nah..its a unique set-up.

The stage will be on the wing facing the stand, the ground will be GA and the only seating available is in the front of the stage on level's 1,2 & the bottom half of level 3.

All up capacity will be about 13,000

I just wonder why they didn't use Rod Laver Arena? or better still, AAMI Park.?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I decided to go Tuesday and Wednesday. It's been five years since they last toured here, and given Paul and Gene are in their sixties, there's no guarantee we'll see them here again.

I'm also going to Gene's speaking engagement. A very clever man, and I'm interested to hear him speak.

So, quite a KISS week for me!

ive got tickets to both shows but will only be going to tuesday.

anyone wants a destroyer zone ticket for wednesday send me a pm

Wowee were Vince's vocals shocking... Being a big thrash metal fan I'm used to subpar vocalists but damn.... Some of the worst I've personally seen.
Still a fun show though.

I had seen the CRUE at their blistering BEST on the Feelgood tour.. :thumbsu::thumbsu: :thumbsu: circa 1990 IIRC.. their previous tour 'Red White & Crue tour' ...@ Hisense was a letdown in comparison..:( (but Mick Mars held his own) ...they're clearly cashing in on their retirement now. As for KISS... seen 'em 3 times previously and that included the 'Farewell Tour' over a decade ago :rolleyes: won't forget the crap Ace Frehley's guitar solo : incredibly lame :thumbsdown: ... spare with the corny prop of the guitar burning.. :oops: sound production in the first half an hour was so distorted like it was another garage band imitating the warpainted pirates ... heck, instead of farewell tour, shouldda been 'Garage sale Tour' .... which turned me off forking $$$ with one of many better gig options coming up now.. #1 Robert Plant!

230.jpg

I went to both shows in Melbourne, I have now seen KISS 14 times since 1995 and they never fail to disappoint.

In an era now where its become acceptable for a band to just rock up, stand there with their head down strumming their guitar for an hour and a half it's always refreshing to see a massive band, full of pyro & bombs going off.

And for what it's worth, I've seen Motley Crue now 4 times, and they still put on an awesome show!

In an era now where its become acceptable for a band to just rock up, stand there with their head down strumming their guitar for an hour and a half it's always refreshing to see a massive band, full of pyro & bombs going off.

I think that's a pretty unfair comment... Pyro isn't cheap so for a lot of bands it isn't even feasible. Besides that, if the band is talented enough I'm more than happy to watch them do their stuff and I don't deem it necessary for theatrics.

In fact, give me a tight performance over a dazzling one any day of the week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back