Past Kurt Tippett - retired 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure he can play the role he is being asked to.

Yeah?

I like tippett as a player and a person so not having a go

And he has done some good stuff snd is important to the team

But if we gave him 4 years at close to a million a year then history may look back at it as a fail

You can't just say that now lol was it a poor deal last year?

ffs lol there was a thread on here about Tippett being our most important player

Im just asking The question

Not saying he is a dud or cant play. Happy to be told im wrong too

You can't just say that now lol was it a poor deal last year?

ffs lol there was a thread on here about Tippett being our most important player
I don't give a s**t mate its my opinion and I think he is far far overpaid and he output isn't good enough , never has he been consistent.

Hasn't got a footballers brain , to be honest I would rather White and say Frawley for the money tippett is on

Yeah?

I like tippett as a player and a person so not having a go

And he has done some good stuff snd is important to the team

But if we gave him 4 years at close to a million a year then history may look back at it as a fail

What are your expectations of him per week with the role he is playing? measurement of goals per game? hitouts?

What are your expectations of him per week with the role he is playing? measurement of goals per game? hitouts?

On his salary? To be a match winner

One of the top 50 in the comp at a minimum

Also to be better than he was at Adelaide

To put the salary aside he is a good player in the side and he is important etc

Im just talking how history overall will judge the 4 year tippett deal

Im just talking how history overall will judge the 4 year tippett deal
1st year, fantastic
2nd year, good but had some injury trouble
3rd year, currently a bit out of form but could easily kick 30 goals in the last 8 or so games

What does that say for him ?

I really want him to prove to be a gun

But he is paid at a star level, so looking purely at the deal it has to be a fail at this stage surely?

If tippett was a 300-400k player then fine

But i reckon he was better at adelaide or at least his first year here

First 2 years he was averaging over 3 goals a game, so history would suggest a great start to his 4 year deal following a average finish.

He is most effective being plonked in the goal square and left there.

He was terrific against Port in round 2 with 8 tackles, got us back into the game vs Freo in the last and against Essendon in round 1.

Again all of that happened when we parked him inside 50 and let Pyke take the ruck duties.

1st year, fantastic
2nd year, good but had some injury trouble
3rd year, currently a bit out of form but could easily kick 30 goals in the last 8 or so games

Yeah so happy to pay for a million for those 3 years?

First 2 years he was averaging over 3 goals a game, so history would suggest a great start to his 4 year deal following a average finish.

He is most effective being plonked in the goal square and left there.

He was terrific against Port in round 2 with 8 tackles, got us back into the game vs Freo in the last and against Essendon in round 1.

Again all of that happened when we parked him inside 50 and let Pyke take the ruck duties.

Fair enough just asking the question more than anything

Especially given the issue it has caused

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah so happy to pay for a million for those 3 years?
Retrospectively? No. But getting him was the right call I believe. If he didn't have that knee issue at the end of 2013, may have not spent so much time building the upper body, could've stayed leaner. Maybe has a higher output

But lots of ifs, buts and maybes in there. Getting him at the time, was the right call

Retrospectively? No. But getting him was the right call I believe. If he didn't have that knee issue at the end of 2013, may have not spent so much time building the upper body, could've stayed leaner. Maybe has a higher output

But lots of ifs, buts and maybes in there. Getting him at the time, was the right call

Thats not the question

I could say picking luke Molan at pick 9 by the dees was tHe right decision at the time

But at some point you judge how it went surely?

I think if another team did the tippett deal we would be laughing at them

Thats not the question

I could say picking luke Molan at pick 9 by the dees was tHe right decision at the time

But at some point you judge how it went surely?

I think if another team did the tippett deal we would be laughing at them
Well without him, we didn't make top 4 in 2013. Like I said at the start, in retrospect no probably isn't worth the pay

Well without him, we didn't make top 4 in 2013. Like I said at the start, in retrospect no probably isn't worth the pay

He missed half of 2013
We came off a premiership

Without tippett we could of got others too

He missed half of 2013
We came off a premiership

Without tippett we could of got others too
At the time did we know the AFL would s**t the bed, knee jerk us in the balls causing us to be screwed for 2 years? I stand by the call to get him

Hell. I back him for the rest of the season

At the time did we know the AFL would s**t the bed, knee jerk us in the balls causing us to be screwed for 2 years? I stand by the call to get him

Hell. I back him for the rest of the season

I hope im wrong and he storms home and becomes one of the elite players in the comp

Im going shake my tree out the back in hope money falls from it;)

Yup more chance of that happening

Hell if at the end of the year Tippett is rated top 10 at the club in the best and fairest, at final siren.com or the afl player rankings ill donate 50 bucks to the charity of milllkys choice

Yup more chance of that happening

Hell if at the end of the year Tippett is rated top 10 at the club in the best and fairest, at final siren.com or the afl player rankings ill donate 50 bucks to the charity of milllkys choice
The "Millky is a poor uni student and needs food" fund ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back