Past Kurt Tippett - retired 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

You know, (sorry for the tail wind) I wouldn't mind seeing Tippett not getting a single goal for the rest of the year, if he brings it to ground and allows us to get some crumbing goals from smalls and Franklin can get like 6-7. Won't happen either haha

But you have to admit, when we go for Tippett instead of Franklin, we look so much more dangerous going forward

The Tippett lynch mob is in full swing & starting to sound a lot like Crows fans after he left.
He has been better than good in a couple of games & makes the most of our dreadful ball use.
If we lower our eyes and he leads more can easily kick 30 goals in the 2nd half of the year

He's the best second ruckman in the comp with regards to goals scored when resting forward & this allows interchange rotations to be saved for running players.

Agree

Paid like the best forward in the game though

Agree

Paid like the best forward in the game though

Yeah but thats not Tippo's fault though.
He is on our list so at this point in time we only need to worry about getting the best out if him in the best role for the team.
He is no doubt giving his all as are all the players.
It's a new role for Tippo & he is actually rucking well enough to be our number one ruckman but Horse knows his value up forward. As long as we are still sitting top 4 then I believe when he fully clicks in the role, we will be a very dangerous team.

I don't hate Tippett, but not sure he's giving us good value. My question would be if tippo wasn't at the club and we had those $ to retain mumford would we be a better team. IMO yes

Yeah but thats not Tippo's fault though.
He is on our list so at this point in time we only need to worry about getting the best out if him in the best role for the team.
He is no doubt giving his all as are all the players.
It's a new role for Tippo & he is actually rucking well enough to be our number one ruckman but Horse knows his value up forward. As long as we are still sitting top 4 then I believe when he fully clicks in the role, we will be a very dangerous team.

Thats all fine but i was talking in dollars

Yep there is the game selection performance issue, he is here so where does he play and what is he doing and yep plays a role no way he is dropped etc

But im thinking in 2030 when someone goes hey how did that 4 year tippett deal and right now the answer is wow the swans wasted a lot of money

Just my opinon

Like bradshaw was a waste unfortunately due to injury

The $ needs to be taken out of it or we need to judge all our players on $ value, no one is questioning Franklins on field out put, but if we're talking $ he's not justifying the money when you think Kennedy (WC) takes more marks & kicks more goals on less coin. There's probably a few others too, who may be earning too much coin compared to 'counterparts'.
People slamming Tippett for money asking what else we could have gotten, we could've still done all that had we not taken Bud, (Tippett coin is nothing compared to him, especially since Kurts was heavily front loaded too, not costing us nearly as much now).
All this Mummy talk too, remember he was on some fairly decent money himself and was just as brittle when it comes to injuries. Mummy a much better ruck than Tippett, Tippett a much better forward than Mummy. We all would have loved to have kept Mummy, but his absence has been blown out due to some bad recruiting choices by the club when it came to recruiting a back up ruck for Pyke.
The trade ban killed us last year...But not the year before when we were looking for that player..there as there always was were lots of 'possibly competent' rucks who would have probably moved for an opportunity but instead we chose Derickx, who every knew was a complete spud. Our failure to address the ruck in a draft until very recently didn't help either.
Had we not choked in GF last year we probably all just simply be acknowledging he's out of form, which he is (although his last few games have been better) but because time is running out to get that flag and we're looking shaky atm it's panic stations. For mine we have far bigger issues than players $s values and far big issues than Tippett (or Franklin) atm, these guys have had kicked 37% of our score going in the Port game, these guys with a handful of midfielders are absolutely carrying us.

Sounds like you want the whole board to yourself and nobody to disagree with you.

No

Just the fallback to any debate on a player/coach/ selection is ohh you hate the club/player/coach

Its just a weak argument

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah but he is

Oh well, i just hope we see more 2012 prelim performances from him
At the time, no, it was an excellent deal. We had the money to splash on a much needed key forward without losing a Mumford or any key players at all.

Was it worth it in hindsight? No, it wasn't. But I don't blame the club or Tippett for that. It's just the way things turned out.

I don't mind discussion around Tippetts form, it's warranted imo. But the constant talk about the deal he's on and people missing mummy are irrelevant.

At the time, no, it was an excellent deal. We had the money to splash on a much needed key forward without losing a Mumford or any key players at all.

Was it worth it in hindsight? No, it wasn't. But I don't blame the club or Tippett for that. It's just the way things turned out.

I don't mind discussion around Tippetts form, it's warranted imo. But the constant talk about the deal he's on and people missing mummy are irrelevant.

I didnt give a crap about the mummy aspect

I just wondered how history will record the deal when Jim Main brings out his 19th book on the club history

Surely the point is not that we have Tippet OR Buddy, it's the fact we have them both. And that was largely by chance ...

If Buddy approached us in 2011, there is no way we would have pursued Tippet and we would still have Mummy, Everett and Mal on our books.

Everett would have stayed back, Mal would be doing his thing, Mummy pushing his weight around in the ruck and Reid taking spectacular marks at FF.

The only thing that would be the same would be the egonormous tanty from the fat one.

No

Just the fallback to any debate on a player/coach/ selection is ohh you hate the club/player/coach

Its just a weak argument

Tippett is overpaid and should be more like player X and the Hawks are so awesome we will never beat them especially with Tippett in the team as a ruckman, or FF. Did I mention he is no good as a ruckman? Oh wait Shaw just butchered the ball again, perhaps I will post for the 500th time how he butchers the ball, the Hawks are so awesome we will never beat them with Shaw in the team. Wait, did Ted just get outmarked...Ted is past it, a shadow of his former self & the Hawks are so awesome we will never beat them with Ted in the team. Wait, our reserves just got smashed, we are done for, we got no depth we will never beat the awesome Hawks with no depth. It is all Longmire's fault, the Hawks are so awesome we will never beat them with Longmire in charge of the team. If only we didn't spend all that money on Tippett we could have kept Mummy and Everitt and we might, I say might, have the slightest chance of maybe causing an upset and beating the awesome Hawks, because they are so awesome and we would never beat them with all these players and coaches holding us back.

images

images

Remove this Banner Ad

Back