Past Kurt Tippett - retired 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Tippett in 2013 was just as exciting if not more than Buddy was last year to watch.

I don't know if it's injuries or being in the ruck more but he's just lost his way this year and it's upsets me because he was just soo good for us in 2013.

I think his confidence is shot aswell. He was plucking contested marks left, right and centre but just hasn't done it that much this year.

Most blokes on here would get their little sisters to type on the keyboard if they had a broken hand.

What are all your thoughts on the fact that Tippo played most of the game with the broken hand?
Taking into consideration his main objective for the team is to tap out in a ruck contest & to take marks when forward.

Pretty harsh lot!

I'll just put this here.

Whats Hale paid?

Not sure. Would be less now since the Hawks only do one-year deals for their players over 30. Either way Tippett's output seems to be comparable to other ruck-forwards. We know that he is overpaid, because the Crows paid him overs to stay in his last contract with them.

I'm just pointing out that far too many on here are willing to put forward answers one week that they aren't willing to accept the next when it goes pear shaped as is easy to predict. Heck, now not only should we cut B.Jack after he was the answer last week to our forward problems but Towers isn't such a bad player after all. Its the week to week chopping and changing of opinion when its far far deeper that pisses me off.

Agreed. Towers and BJack are as bad as each other. But it really gets to the point where people are just so frustrated about each players' respective performances that they're willing to turn a blind eye to historically shite performances in the off chance that they might turn a page and instantly become good players overnight.

The problems started in 2013 when Jetta was moved closer to the packs to try to utilise his pace as an outside midfielder and moving McGlynn into the midfield as a tagger. Neither were well suited to those jobs and should have been left well alone.

2015 is just going in the same direction that 2013 did. Last I checked, Hawthorn haven't changed any of the roles that their players have, certainly not Bruest, Gunston, Smith, Rioli or anyone threatening around goal.

But unless he kicks 250 a season and rucks like NicNat he is over paid and a spud the size of Pluto.

Sad it took me to this week to realise he is a pinch hitter in the ruck. Need him forward. Going for him over Buddy makes us more dangerous and confuses the spare defender.

Same article:

"Going back across years, let’s compare recent ruck-forward seasons to Tippett’s 2015. For the next table I’ve raised the goalscoring bar to 0.8, and limited us to players who have completed at least half of the season. I’ve also adjusted to 2015 level outputs. This accounts for the greater number of hitouts and less goals per game in 2015 compared to previous years (in 2012 there were 108% of this year’s goals per game and 90% of the hitouts):
This is the same graph but including 2012-2014."

tumblr_inline_nrsj8k9nBP1t1q47q_540.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Needs to play as a deep forward. His body on body work is some of the best you'll see from a key position player. Playing him up the ground/ in the ruck isn't going to work and we are far too reliant on feeding the ball to Buddy. Something has to give as we're fast approaching finals.

When he came in it 2013 he kicked 2,2, 3, 3, 4, 6, 6. He plays his best footy as the focal point, why the f*** does longmire move him, concede the ruck, we don't have anyone who can be a first ruck in our team at the moment

When he came in it 2013 he kicked 2,2, 3, 3, 4, 6, 6. He plays his best footy as the focal point, why the f*** does longmire move him, concede the ruck, we don't have anyone who can be a first ruck in our team at the moment
To add to that He kicked something like 35 goals in 11 games, if you go off that average he would have kicked 70 during the home an away

Horse will play him deep in the finals. You watch. He will tear it up and be the player over the finals series.

Everyone is banking on him being the mediocre player but he is going to come with a vengeance and will be played to his strengths.

Tippett is a lot like Bambi on here

I cried when they shot Bambi's mum.

Traumatised my childhood.

Took years to get over it. But it happened suddenly. Venison is quite delicious.

Hes been giving a chop out in the ruck and playing mostly as a forward

Think its selective stat picking personally

The media have turned on him big time unfairly

But he has had an average year for our highest or second highest paid player

Thinks Bradshaw's 3yr deal would go close.

28 goals in 9 games thats 3.1 a game

If he played his full 3 years of 22 games thats 204 goals

Thats how it works with tippetts stats isnt it :p

Tippett's demise is rather hard to explain. When he first came into side as the primary key forward he was leading, taking contested marks, kicking bags of goals and looking very good. Then Buddy came into the side and he had to share the forward line and was no longer the main focal point. But when the Buddy-Tippett combo first started out it looked fairly organised and effective. In the corresponding match against the Hawks at ANZ last year in round 8, Buddy was taking marks all over the ground, ended up kicking 2.7 and Tippett was getting one-on-ones and kicked 4.0, at the time it was exciting because the forward line looked dangerous then but it's a mess now. What happened? Has Tippett spending more time in the ruck messed up our forward structure so dramatically? Or has the midfielder's ability to find targets inside 50 deteriorated heavily within the space of a year?

Good points you raise. Think it's more the latter option in midfielders ability to hit targets inside 50 has deteriorated significantly over past 12 months.

28 goals in 9 games thats 3.1 a game

If he played his full 3 years of 22 games thats 204 goals

Thats how it works with tippetts stats isnt it :p

Yeah according to some posters. I'm thinking more along the lines of Bradshaw was an awesome talent (who can forget the 50m torpie from the boundary line after the siren) who had a decent length contract and could only play part of it due to injury the rest of his swans career before retiring. He was on decent money that remained tied into the salary cap apparently.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back