Movies & TV Last movie you watched?

Remove this Banner Ad

That's the movie about the butler to the White House isn't it CM? With Oprah and Robin Williams in it?

I always meant to see it, but never got around to it. IIRC, the reviews were favourable. I'll look forward to your review. :):thumbsu:
YEs, I will Karen Just started it now and so far, so good :) Also , from the library today, got a copy of Black Hawk Down ( with Eric Bana) so will watch it in the next day . A bit of a mix there :)

karencatsfan The Butler was nothing like I had thought it might be. Actually hadn't thought much about it, but thought it would be more involvement with presidents . But that would be classified anyway . It was more a history of how , all his life time his people were treated ( as I knew) but his life spanned the whole bit . through the 8 Presidents and the civil rights fights etc , and how his son was involved . . A history lesson

Courtesy of the Licence To Thrill article, I've been rewatching Bond flicks.

Most recent was The Spy Who Loved Me. Theme song written by Carole Bayer Sager & performed by Carly Simon is very good and the lead actress Barbara Bach, is the most glamourous Bond girl so far imo.

The SFX and fight scenes are only good for a laugh compared to this century but was so cool to see Jaws drop in -
jaws3.jpg

And this foil in the background @ 1.29 -
image.jpg

Loved the escape via the POD

Moonraker up next. IIRC this was my fav film, Connery and Moore remain my 2 fav 007's.

Courtesy of the Licence To Thrill article, I've been rewatching Bond flicks.

Most recent was The Spy Who Loved Me. Theme song written by Carole Bayer Sager & performed by Carly Simon is very good and the lead actress Barbara Bach, is the most glamourous Bond girl so far imo.

The SFX and fight scenes are only good for a laugh compared to this century but was so cool to see Jaws drop in -
jaws3.jpg

And this foil in the background @ 1.29 -
image.jpg

Loved the escape via the POD

Moonraker up next. IIRC this was my fav film, Connery and Moore remain my 2 fav 007's.

Moore was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes in 2013, which has left him unable to drink martinis

Although horror films scare the life out of me, I can handle some zombie movies.
Zombieland and Shaun of the Dead were pretty good, and quite funny in parts.
(on the other hand, I couldn't watch much of Resident Evil or Night of the Living Dead. :eek:)

Although horror films scare the life out of me, I can handle some zombie movies.
(on the other hand, I couldn't watch much of Resident Evil or Night of the Living Dead. :eek:)
Zombie Flesh Eaters is a fave of mine. It's a '70's Italian zombie movie.

There's an awesome underwater scene involving a zombie and a shark, and another of zombies rising from the earth Michael Jackson 'Thriller' style.

My first exposure to zombies was in night stalker as a 10 year old. Now that scared the crap out of me.

I saw 28 Days Later all alone in a cinema in Geelong. :confused:

Could barely see over the seat in front of me, was that scrunched down/scared. Is quite a weird, creepy feeling being in a cinema on your own... esp watching a zombie movie like that!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What did you make of it? I don't mind a good zombie flick.

Night of the Living Dead (original '68 version) and Dawn of the Dead are probably my faves, with honorable mentions to lots of others.

I'm watching it now, definitely mad max relevance. It's also a bit 'dead alive' the Peter Jackson movie. Not really a horror, though lots of gore.

Zombieland & Shaun of the Dead would both be considered comedies. Zom-coms was used for a while because there were a few of them released all around the same time.

I saw 28 Days Later all alone in a cinema in Geelong. :confused:

Could barely see over the seat in front of me, was that scrunched down/scared. Is quite a weird, creepy feeling being in a cinema on your own... esp watching a zombie movie like that!
One of the best zombie movies going around. Cillian Murphy in an abandoned downtown London is great.

And then those suckers start running!!

I'm watching it now, definitely mad max relevance. It's also a bit 'dead alive' the Peter Jackson movie. Not really a horror, though lots of gore.
That was my introduction to Peter Jackson. Look where he is now. :eek:

I like the Dawn of the Dead remake and there was also an Aussie zombie flick from the early 2000s, Undead, which, being Australian, is a bit of a curio (don't remember it being great though).

Ah zombies, such a guilty pleasure.

One of the best zombie movies going around. Cillian Murphy in an abandoned downtown London is great.

And then those suckers start running!!

Actually come to think of it, I saw 28 Days Later in a cinema in Florida. I now remember that, cause half the cinema walked out on that scene in London. But I agree, that scene was brilliant. Dunno what their problem was...

Must have seen 28 Weeks Later, alone, in the cinema in Geelong.

Actually come to think of it, I saw 28 Days Later in a cinema in Florida. I now remember that, cause half the cinema walked out on that scene in London. But I agree, that scene was brilliant. Dunno what their problem was...

Must have seen 28 Weeks Later, alone, in the cinema in Geelong.

And that scene was replicated in the walking dead, albeit on a much lesser scale. That post apocalyptic shot was one of the best in film making.

You could imagine the loneliness and fear.

And that scene was replicated in the walking dead, albeit on a much lesser scale. That post apocalyptic shot was one of the best in film making.

Loneliness and fear? Pfft, would freaken love walking around London like that. You can't walk more than 10m farking bumping into someone.

I think you can probably trace the opening scene of 28 Days Later back to John Wyndham's novel 'Day of the Triffids' which starts the same way.

I think you can probably trace the opening scene of 28 Days Later back to John Wyndham's novel 'Day of the Triffids' which starts the same way.

I was going to bring that up actually.

Great movie. There was some really good post apocalyptic movies of that era. Omega man, planet of the apes, and ones that point to the greed and over population of the planet in soylent green.

The latter is a favorite.

I was going to bring that up actually.

Great movie. There was some really good post apocalyptic movies of that era. Omega man, planet of the apes, and ones that point to the greed and over population of the planet in soylent green.

The latter is a favorite.
I don't think an adapation of 'I Am Legend' has been nailed yet.

Great read if anyone is looking for something to pass some time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back