Michael Gardiner (knee) - 1-2 weeks
Chad Fletcher (back) - Test
Josh Wooden (hamstring) - Test
Travis Gaspar (foot) - 1 week
Ashley McIntosh (quad) - Available
Trent Carroll (knee) - Test
Drew Banfield (groin) - Test
Chad Morrison (knee) - Test

Well, its starting to look better isnt it? We should get Fletcher back this week, maybe Banfield and Milli. Gardiner should be back for the demons game and Embley SHOULD be back for the derby.
Looking at this has given me some hope that maybe just maybe our season isnt completely over yet.
Comments?

Originally posted by carlyp
Paul Johnson (fractured fibula) - season
Andrew Embley (colarbone) - 2-3 weeks
Michael Gardiner (knee) - 1-2 weeks
Chad Fletcher (back) - Test
Josh Wooden (hamstring) - Test
Travis Gaspar (foot) - 1 week
Ashley McIntosh (quad) - Available
Trent Carroll (knee) - Test
Drew Banfield (groin) - Test
Chad Morrison (knee) - Test

Well, its starting to look better isnt it? We should get Fletcher back this week, maybe Banfield and Milli. Gardiner should be back for the demons game and Embley SHOULD be back for the derby.
Looking at this has given me some hope that maybe just maybe our season isnt completely over yet.
Comments?

I hope they test Carroll's knee with a slegehammer

Re: Re: Latest injury list

Originally posted by Thrawn666
I hope they test Carroll's knee with a slegehammer

Haha..

Gasper's injury time has been stuck at a week for about four weeks now, or at least according to the WC website, anyway I don't trust any of those, they are never right, why is it so hard to tell the truth?

Was just reading the Examiner (tassies local rag) and apparently Gardiner and Fletcher and everyone else on the list apart from Embley and Johnson are all on fitness tests or available which must mean that we should get most of them back either this week or next which is good news.

Was just reading the Examiner (tassies local rag) and apparently Gardiner and Fletcher and everyone else on the list apart from Embley and Johnson are all on fitness tests or available which must mean that we should get most of them back either this week or next which is good news.

...and I suspect the Examiner's front page headline would be "Reggie seen buying a bottle of milk".
I doubt they have their finger on the pulse when it comes to a WA based AFL team. Their source is probably nothing more than idle speculation.

My prediction
Fletcher would be 50/50 this week.
Gardiner next week at the earliest.
Gaspar won't play again this season.
Embley unavailable until 2nd week of finals (if we make it)

Dodgy numbers aside, Rob 'Coyote' Wiley seems to be saying that Fletch was a decent chance, and Gardiner was unlikely but possible.

Meanwhile, I'd like to know what the state of play with McIntosh and Gaspar is?!

Originally posted by Mead
Meanwhile, I'd like to know what the state of play with McIntosh and Gaspar is?!
McIntosh played pretty a full game for Claremont last week, so that available is probably correct - but I doubt he'll travel to Geelong. Maight get a game against Melbourne to give him a run in for the derby.

I hope Gaspar is one week, but he'd have to come back through the WAFL (you'd think).

Originally posted by Jabber
...and I suspect the Examiner's front page headline would be "Reggie seen buying a bottle of milk".
I doubt they have their finger on the pulse when it comes to a WA based AFL team. Their source is probably nothing more than idle speculation.

My prediction
Fletcher would be 50/50 this week.
Gardiner next week at the earliest.
Gaspar won't play again this season.
Embley unavailable until 2nd week of finals (if we make it)

Youve just ****ed me off BIG TIME!
FYI, ********, They publish Greg Denholm from the Huns wrap of injurys buddy! Now do you still think that Greg Denholm wouldnt have 'his finger on the pulse'?
What is with people dissing Tassie lately ffs?

Originally posted by larrikin
McIntosh played pretty a full game for Claremont last week, so that available is probably correct - but I doubt he'll travel to Geelong. Maight get a game against Melbourne to give him a run in for the derby.

I hope Gaspar is one week, but he'd have to come back through the WAFL (you'd think).

With Milli, thats about the strength of it, you'd think. Probably his two best efforts this year have been on Neitz and Longmuir, so it makes sense to bring him back for those two games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They publish Greg Denholm from the Huns wrap of injurys buddy! Now do you still think that Greg Denholm wouldnt have 'his finger on the pulse'?

Judging by most media articles written about the Eagles in Melbourne, I doubt whether Greg knows the first thing about the Eagles.

For example, 2 weeks ago, our Official Injury List according to the Hun was:

Kasey Chambers - Strained Vocal Chords - 1 week
Duncan Ken - Bruised Jaw - 1 week
Chad Fleken - Broken back, ruptured kidneys, South Australian knee imprints - Fit
Ashley Judd - Bruised reputation - Test
Some Tall Bloke Who's Improved A Lot this year - Collarbone - 4-6 weeks
and of course
Michael Gardiner - Whatever - 2 weeks

Originally posted by Voice of Reason
Judging by most media articles written about the Eagles in Melbourne, I doubt whether Greg knows the first thing about the Eagles.

Chad Fleken - Broken back, ruptured kidneys, South Australian knee imprints - Fit
and of course

Well I dont think your in any position to talk as you havent seen the article.
This guy is usually on the money! Are you familiar with Greg Denholm?

Well I dont think your in any position to talk as you havent seen the article.
This guy is usually on the money! Are you familiar with Greg Denholm?

Settle, petal, and embrace the irony.

He might be the greatest medical expert since Dr Zhivago married Florence Nightingale, but with the information the Eagles put out he'd still be groping around in the dark.

and of course

:D

Settle, petal, and embrace the irony.

He might be the greatest medical expert since Dr Zhivago married Florence Nightingale, but with the information the Eagles put out he'd still be groping around in the dark.

True. Alright...well thats fair enough but Im just trying to stay positive!

Gaspar was recovering nicely, and then the fracture in his foot cracked in the same spot again.

He would be unlikely to play for us again this year, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him play a couple WAFL games.

From the West Coast website

Two-thirds of the West Coast Eagles centre-square formation are a chance to return against Geelong this Saturday.

‘A chance’ is still a long way from certain selection, but before training on Wednesday, coach John Worsfold was all about giving heart to supporters alarmed by the team’s recent dip in form.

Andrew Embley is still a couple of weeks away from playing as he waits for his broken collarbone to mend, but Michael Gardiner (knee) and Chad Fletcher (back), along with champion full-back Ashley McIntosh (quad), could make the trip to Sleepy Hollow for the vital match against the inconsistent but dangerous Cats.

“They’re (Gardiner and Fletcher) travelling pretty well, so we’re hopeful that we’ll get one back, and then we’ll be even more hopeful that we’ll get two back,” Worsfold said.

“They’re different injuries, but I’m hopeful that they’ll both play.”

Worsfold said Fletcher had already done some contact work to test his back out.

“He has to train, and pull up well from training, basically. He’s done some work where he’s taken some hits on it, and that sort of thing.

“I wouldn’t be surprised if they both play.”

The talented ruckman could be used anywhere on the ground, the second-year coach said.

“He can play any position, Gardy, so we can weigh all that up.”

The situation is complicated by the fact that West Coast flies out before midday on Thursday, as their travel plans get closer to the model the Dockers have used for the last 12 months.

Worsfold said their condition would be assessed first thing in the morning before a decision on team structure was made.

“That’s what it’s all about – I mean, they both want to play, and they’re both going to do their absolute best to play this week, and we’ll just have to see.

“If they’re fit, then they come under serious consideration. Very serious.”

McIntosh, who hasn’t played since before the bye, could well make his return this weekend, Worsfold said.

“He’s a good chance, if he gets through training.

“He’s been on the verge of playing a few times and has just missed out, so we’re hopeful he’ll get through training, and I’d expect him to be a good chance to play.”

Cross your fingers!

Youve just ****ed me off BIG TIME!
FYI, ********, They publish Greg Denholm from the Huns wrap of injurys buddy! Now do you still think that Greg Denholm wouldnt have 'his finger on the pulse'?
What is with people dissing Tassie lately ffs?

:D - Settle.....Count to 10......Feel the tension ease away......Imagine you are floating on a cloud........

Enough of that - Looks like the Examiner was not far off the mark after all http://thegame.thewest.com.au/20030814/afl/news/tg-afl-new-sto108737.html

Apologies Carly. What size milk did Reggie buy anyway ;)

Originally posted by Jabber
:D - Settle.....Count to 10......Feel the tension ease away......Imagine you are floating on a cloud........

Enough of that - Looks like the Examiner was not far off the mark after all http://thegame.thewest.com.au/20030814/afl/news/tg-afl-new-sto108737.html

Apologies Carly. What size milk did Reggie buy anyway ;)

Told ya so! Told ya so! :D:D:D:D:D
I dont know what size milk Reggie buys
She really isnt as big down here as you think she is!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back